It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Christianity Really Brainwashing?

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I got one for ya... How many mundane manisfestants do you have to worship, in order to p!$$ of the o.g.(original god)...
Just one...
(might I recomend Jesus, it is said the he is The divine mother fathers equal.... somehow... )

Isnt christianity great.... ?

(exerpt from old testiment) Thou shalt not have any other gods, or worship any other image, other than mine....

(what christains do) I love you Jesus, I worship you jesus... come on me jesus, i give you praise, you I raise, ect...

Now.... did they forget that they are not supose to do that?
Or did I miss the part were god apeared to moses and told him,
'but its o.k. to worship anyone who says he is my child'(even if he says we are all gods children and he is our equal)

another ineresting fact...
Jesus spoke out against capitalist religion.... ( the temple, and its business model )
so... the gentiles(or whatever they are called)...
killed him;
because he was bad for business...
and then turned him into a cash cow....
and now...
we buy c.d.`s dvd`s, books, and all kinds of s@#%, that is, making money, off of jesus` name...
( I dont think god or jesus aproves, but oh well...)
Ironic isnt it?

I guess Jesus failed? or am I wrong?
(not claiming in any way that he is, or is 'not' the mesiah, im just running my mouth)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by AwnAegisean

Many would argue that Jesus was God incarnate, but then who was he speaking to during his alleged crucifixion? Himself? That would mean that everything that he said whilst hanging on the post was not legitimate, but for show, which adds an entirely new level of craziness to the entire story.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zeer0
reply to post by dilly1

Well you must have a limited knowledge of UFO researchers know the difference between real events and Hoaxes and you saying I'm brainwashed because of my personal opionon often Existence of Aliens based on the Evidences I've uncovered is very immature and I wont shan't being talked down like that. If you want to continue this convo PM me.

If a flying object is associated with aliens,,,,,,,its a hoax. You nor no one else has any proof that aliens are responsible for all these ufo vids and pics or eyewitness accounts.

You don't have any evidence just "hopeful fabricated proof".
You still have shown NOT one ounce of anything? Where's your 3%.

PM you? For what. I claim your belief is based on blind faith. You say there 3% of valid proof aliens are part of the ufo phenomena. Well? Show me!

I'm immature? Why cause I call it how it is. Oh please..

Again your no different than christians or muslims. Your whole premise is based on hope and faith.

*is there any professional UFO researchers out there? Lol

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by AwnAegisean

Nope, you're right, and this why they don't want to admit it. Then they'd have to admit to doing all of this crap. It's easier to just deny deny deny. This is what children do.....

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by andersensrm
reply to post by undo

Okay, It seems that you possess a great deal of knowledge. However I think that the main purpose of religions, or a religion, is to determine where all life originates. If we are but a clone of the adam, and god directed this whole thing, who created adam, more importantly who created god. They didn't just pop into existence. And to say that they have just been around forever, doesn't make sense. So when I approach the whole religion thing, I am looking at for where life originated. To say that we are just a clone, isn't really an answer to it. If this is something that actually happened, The only way I can comprehend it, is this god, and adam, as we know it are some sort of E.T.'s. But then that leads to the question "who created the E.T.'s?". My thought on this, is simple. All living things have consciousness. There are different levels of consciousness. Connected through all levels and all living things, is a universal consicousness, a sort of cloud if you will, that is made up of all individual consciousness. In the beginning this univeral consciousness may have stemmed from something simpler, ( im not sure what, we're talking about before the big bang here), and then for whatever reason evolved into what it is now. Our consicousness is what makes up dark matter, which is holding our galaxy together at this moment. We should be praying to ourselves, and looking for the answers within, becuase that is where they lie, the problem is people are confused, and look outside of themselves to "god" for the answers

well if you look at the trees, it says" Tree of Life", "Tree of Knowledge" (gonna leave off good and evil because i want to direct the reader to what the text is actually trying to say about our modifications:

The Tree of Life is that part of our DNA which is responsible for eternal life and which is currently nerfed.

TREE OF LIFE = ETERNAL, FULL BODY, REGENERATION. currently nerfed (blocked)
TREE OF KNOWLEDGE = SEXUAL REPRODUCTION.

in essence, in order to give us some control over our own destinies (apparently a selling feature) one of the ADAM, gave us the ability to procreate. This is the "Serpent" of the Garden. In essence, we were cloned slaves before this event. I view these passages as the different approaches to the human race (read slaves). The spliced procreative dna was, i theorize, an attempt to make the workforce on earth, self regenerating, To do this, they spliced in some mammalian dna, wihch not only allowed procreation but a host of other not so pleasant animal characteristics.

as far as where they came from, here's my guess:

Google Video Link

edit on 30-12-2011 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I am late to the party!

All religions are a sham.

Of all our inventions, the invention of god is the most destructive, vile, and reprehensible.

Derek

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by gravitor

I still laughing about Jesus... Why do poeple worship him as the creators equal... its a sin!
People are blind; So many poeple believe what they are told, without questioning it...
Everyone needs to go home, and rethink thier life...
Nobody, who lives... can answer the questions, 'who is God', 'what is God', 'what are we gona do after we die',...

I dont think there is any difference between an athiest, and a christain... except, that the lies they believe, are distinguishable from eachother....

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by andersensrm

Why would they tell the truth?
How are they gona make money off the truth?
Can you tell me a way to make money off the truth, cuz ill try and do it!

Im proud of them, they have done a great job at making money; but I dont approve of how they did it...
edit on 30-12-2011 by AwnAegisean because: Failed grammar in school,

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by dilly1

It's not Blind Faith when there's Sightings/Video/Photos/Radiation Evidence/Credible Military Officials etc to consider. And thing like this have been seen throughout Hunan History before Modern Aviation. Unlike Religion UFO believers have at least something to go on. Umm have you heard of MUFON? Anyways we are off topic. Let's get back to the topic. Pm me if your up to it.
edit on 30-12-2011 by Zeer0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Viesczy

I like religion, when I grow up, i wana be the messiah...

Religion...
( definition) [according to me]
A cult like club founded by a benifiting member wich teaches certain views in order to convince its following of specific things. I can be used to justify and initiate, violence, political unrest, murder, drug use, self destruction, opression, Discrimination, racism, and anything else under the sun that gets frowned or smiled upon....

In a nutshell, we can say that religion is really cool...
If you wana be known as a major bad guy, dont make a doomday machine, dont be the bad guy from superman, dont become a dictator...
All you have to do is join one of these groups, and become a leadership figure...
Just look at the catholic church... Its #ing awsome... Thet rape little boys...
Is there a way to be 'more' evil... i would like to know?
edit on 30-12-2011 by AwnAegisean because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by dharvell
To say that ALL Christians are brainwashed and the Bible is a book of lies is about as blind and pointless as a Christian saying that a Pagan is a demon.

How can we know what religion is correct, if any are? The plain truth is, I suppose we cannot. There are so many parts of today's Bible that make me scratch my head and ask, "How could a God that is supposed to be love defined demand such horrible things as what are found in the Biblical texts?", or "How could a God make us and put us on Earth - several of us, only to suffer - and demand that we worship Him so we can spend eternity with Him... and why would I want to?".

On the other hand, look at a lot of the prophecies made in the Bible. Some of the prophecies are so vague that of course you could twist it into becoming true. However, there are a lot of prophecies that, when put together, have astronomical odds of coming true... but yet they are, more every day. I direct you to an interesting site: raptureready.com/rap2.html. It is the "Dow Jones" of Biblical prophecy and how it is unfolding. Depending on the week, the "Prophetic Dow Jones" loses points. Other weeks, prophecy activity is high, causing the points to rise. It is a truly fascinating thing to watch.

Anyway, what's my point? There are a couple. The first being that, as I said, calling all Christians brainwashed is a very blind and pointless pseudo-observation. Not all are brainwashed, though you do have to wonder about some of them. My other point is that there is really no way we can know, for sure, which religion - if any - are truly 100% accurate and correct. The Bible has been revamped and changed so many times over history that calling it the true Word of God is questionable.

It all boils down to the free will that we, as humans enjoy. If you want to put your faith in a religion, we have the right to do so. If you do not wish to do so, well... you have that right, as well. It raises the question, are those who do NOT follow a religion the brainwashed ones? It's up to you, personally, to decide and answer and whatever answer you come to, it still boils down to being true for you and you only.

Religion isn't correct. It was made by man.

And man cannot predict the future. You call it prophecy, I call it scam artists lying to you.

If you believe in a God that cares for you personally. Your brainwashed.

Again religion is not accurate because its constructed by man. Its fake. No one knows for sure if the bible is an authentic piece from antiquity. We all assume. Well you all assume,not I.

Your last sentence was spot on.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by andersensrm
reply to post by undo

Okay, It seems that you possess a great deal of knowledge. However I think that the main purpose of religions, or a religion, is to determine where all life originates. If we are but a clone of the adam, and god directed this whole thing, who created adam, more importantly who created god. They didn't just pop into existence. And to say that they have just been around forever, doesn't make sense. So when I approach the whole religion thing, I am looking at for where life originated. To say that we are just a clone, isn't really an answer to it. If this is something that actually happened, The only way I can comprehend it, is this god, and adam, as we know it are some sort of E.T.'s. But then that leads to the question "who created the E.T.'s?". My thought on this, is simple. All living things have consciousness. There are different levels of consciousness. Connected through all levels and all living things, is a universal consicousness, a sort of cloud if you will, that is made up of all individual consciousness. In the beginning this univeral consciousness may have stemmed from something simpler, ( im not sure what, we're talking about before the big bang here), and then for whatever reason evolved into what it is now. Our consicousness is what makes up dark matter, which is holding our galaxy together at this moment. We should be praying to ourselves, and looking for the answers within, becuase that is where they lie, the problem is people are confused, and look outside of themselves to "god" for the answers

Where life originates, you ask? No one knows and we will never know. People who have hard time dealing with this approach ,inject religion or theoretical science to fill in the unknown gaps. Just to make a pretty picture.

See, you by con joining adam to ET is exactly what I am talking about. You have no clue but you have to create or concoct some story line to keep yourself sane.

And then you complicate it even more with the consciousness jargon. Why do you do that. Your just make it harder for yourself. Chances are you're wrong and you will be disappointed. For what? Because you had to fill in the unknown gaps of life.

Its pointless

Your last sentence is the only part that makes some sense. The praying is non sense ,but the "within" part is spot on.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Is Christianity Really Brainwashing?

Is any religious doctrine subject to brainwashing? It depends on who the middle man is be it merchant of fear or evangelist, extremist, political pawn... you becha!

You see I am a christian and i follow the word of Christ as best as i can interpret it. Jesus was/is prince of peace. It is quite simple. Love your neighbor, do on to others as you would want them to do on to you. However many many MEN have hijacked and twisted Christianity for self gain, agendas, projection. These men are not christians at all but snakes and agents for Satan. And many do not even know they are minions for the dark lord.

I do not go to Church for a variety of reasons namely the aforementioned. Jesus never said "build great temples and worship me every sunday" he did not say "celebrate my birthday with a santa clause" or even a rabbit after his resurrection. Do you see the big picture of what has been transpiring here since the middle ages? That is what Lucifer wants. To undermine the word of the messiah with false gifts, groups, division, fictional characters and hijack the meaning.

Know the difference between real Christians and the pretenders. It's about his message. Not what a preacher tells you what to think or what jesus would think of you in sin or without sin. You don't need to wear a tie and go to a building to join other lemmings to find Jesus or practice his message.

So the question does not lie with Jesus Christ at all, but this cult mocking his name and his word. From my understanding Jesus included all people in to Gods kingdom. Islam, Buddha ect. Even the Scientology folk.
edit on 30-12-2011 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Thank you! This is a GREAT post because it captured all the thoughts I've always had rolling around in my head and put it down on paper in concise form. My wife is a 'Christian' and its so true what you say here about how they judge others for not believing how they believe, even thought they are not suppose to judge, lol! Just too funny and nice to know I'm not the only one who feels this way.

I feel like the Christian religion is for sheeple and the picture of Jesus herding sheep I've always felt pretty much proves my theory.

The BIG difference between Christians and people like myself is that I'm a person with a mind of my own and I don't appreciate some church head honcho telling me what I should feel, like or think. It's just plain annoying! 'The Creator' (or whatever you want to call it) gave us a mind of our own for a reason, not so we'd all be followers of someone elses mind.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Christianity is easier to understand if you view it as a corporation rather than a "religion".
Christianity created its own god (jesus), and markets him as its sole product.
Christianity has nothing to do with spirituality, and much to do about power and control...

controlling its adherents thru fear is both fun and profitable...
it's worked for 2000 years and will continue to work as long as enough gullible people
keep this organization in business.

there ARE other religions out there... religions that respect the individual and inspire them
to be better people. look and yee shall find!

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zeer0
reply to post by dilly1

It's not Blind Faith when there's Sightings/Video/Photos/Radiation Evidence/Credible Military Officials etc to consider. And thing like this have been seen throughout Hunan History before Modern Aviation. Unlike Religion UFO believers have at least something to go on. Umm have you heard of MUFON? Anyways we are off topic. Let's get back to the topic. Pm me if your up to it.
edit on 30-12-2011 by Zeer0 because: (no reason given)
Did you say MUFON or MIB? Lol!!!!

Try please try to use logic.

If there really is an active government cover-up,( I know you considerate a fact), then its perfectly logical to assume MUFON is closely monitored and probably infiltrated.

If your asking "who are they" then you should also ask ,,"who is really making the UFO reports or propaganda"?

Can you please post something from your 3%?

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
The purpose for Christ is evident in the vanity of some of the responses its, comical and sad (in the futility) of how it always comes down to attacking Jesus when you've exhausted all other avenue's of legitimacy and turn to your own carnal nature.

Let us turn to Ephesians you brood of vipers,

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:

According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.

In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

Wherein he hath abounded toward us in all wisdom and prudence;

Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself:

That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him:

In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:

That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ.

In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

Wherefore I also, after I heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus, and love unto all the saints,

Cease not to give thanks for you, making mention of you in my prayers;

That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:

The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,

And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,

Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places,

Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come:

And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church,

Which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all.

Just to solidify the point, (for those who accept quantum mechanics and science) knowing what I know now I just have to laugh, but I was there once.

Romans 1:20

For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by dilly1

No I don't concoct these stories to keep myself busy. I think about these things to further my understanding of life. To take your approach and to just not think about anything, becuase thinking about anything is pointless, because we can't possibly concieve what is really going on. So then what is the point of doing anything? Not sure what you are proposing here. Nobody think outside the box, nobody think about where we come from, or where life originates from, because it pointless???? We come to an understanding of things by discussing things, and finding how not to do things, until finally we find out how to do it, or how it works. 500 years ago, people had no possible idea of how to get to the moon. Taking you're approach we would never get to the moon, because 500 years ago it was deemed that there was no way to get there. Good approach if you want to go down the path everyone else is goin down to a more primitive versions of ourselves. We are here to evolve, not devolve.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

I had a couple emissaries of god show up at my door the other day dressed in all black. I thought their disguises, in all black, were creepy and I didn't understand why they chose to wear those clothes and hide their true selves. I imagine true emissaries of the lord to be wearing all white or at least something colorful and maybe have a flower in their hair or something. It is exactly this type of thing that makes me think that man has no idea what god wants and certainly cannot speak for him. Creepy.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Is public education brainwashing?

In public school are you taught critical thinking or are you just taught how to think as the teacher does?

Does the broadcast News tell you the truth or are you brainwashed into thinking what right and wrong is based upon supposed majority opinion?

Your rant about Christianity and Judaism is based upon what you have heard and seen but have you studied the two to come to your conclusion?

A quick look at others opinions does not constitute a new one if you have not done studying of the points you are commenting against.

Because many say something does not make it fact if you believe on faith that they would tell you the truth and you do not study it for your self.

The Bible clearly tells this fact it is each persons responsibility to find salvation and it is their responsibility to search the scriptures for the truth as they are always true but the one telling you is not.

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join