It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Christianity Really Brainwashing?

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Aaaaaaaaaaand now we are at an impasse

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
reply to post by LunaKat

i read that the ancient egyptians were a more balanced version, where the women and men were equals. i don't believe the post flood egyptians were anything of the sort. the handful of female pharaohs they had, were usually murdered or committed suicide to escape someone else murdering them first. so if the model you're thinking of is based on our current understanding of ancient egypt, might i suggest you study it further.

No I dont' have a model of it. What I have is just watching the way the world is going. And what it will take to bring it into a better balance.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by andersensrm

Yes, I am aware. But find myself a bit embarrassed for not using that term. Never entered my mind.

But yes, that's true. Just apply the razor to spiritual.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Absolutely it is brainwashing. It's the only way to get people to believe in an invisible man, magic, etc.

Its the same brainwashing used throughout history to get the gullible to believe in god.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by wildtimes

physics isn't spiritual.

In spiritual matters, if it's overly complicated, it's probably fake. It's just a simple rule that I have observed. And thus far, has functioned quite well.

Ah, I see, you're reserving the overly-complicated bit for spirituality. I thought you said anything that isn't easy to grasp is probably made up.

TO THE OP:
autowrench, thanks for starting this thread. It was really interesting, fascinating, until the thumpers arrived. How I despise being accused of lying! Wait, isn't "false accusation" a sin? Yep, pretty sure it is.

But, I give up, they've exhausted my brain and will-power for the day in trying to point out the ridiculous claims and slanderous insults and lies against thinking people by those who don't bother to look into anything but their own convictions, blindly and with malice and empty arguments, day after day after day after day..........

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Does Christianity forbid asking hard questions about its doctrines? Does Christianity forbid questioning of its leaders and their doctrine or behavior?

Since the intent of most religions is to "give you the answers" so that you'll conduct your life to please God, most religions will never suggest that you question its doctrines.

Only Buddhism says do not even believe in Buddhism, everything is illusion!

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by andersensrm
reply to post by HeFrippedMeOff

Oh, Now I understand. All the answers lie with Jesus. Can you tell me what his phone number is again?

it's called asking the heavens, the universe, in the name of jesus, for answers. essentially.
try it. what can it hurt? other than perhaps either proving or disproving your position. but you do have to expect an answer. you have to suspend your skepticism long enough to give it a real test. you don't go in the lab without the
equipment and expect the experiment to do itself, you are an essential ingredient, you must believe in the necessity of the test, the validity of its outcome and armed with equipment (faith) to get it done.

link   
I am getting really sick of the sky god coming up in this thread, so I want everyone to watch this to understand what we mean by GOD.

link   

Originally posted by kallisti36
reply to post by undo

Aaaaaaaaaaand now we are at an impasse

explain, cause i'm so interested in this topic! more please.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91

Yes, I am aware. But find myself a bit embarrassed for not using that term. Never entered my mind.

But yes, that's true. Just apply the razor to spiritual.

Wasn't trying to embarrass you. Sorry. Just thought to give you the concept, I find that it can be applied to almost anything, and it is one of those things that people again and again come up with it themselves. It is something we all recognize. A lot of concepts act like this, much like the princple of uncertainty, which is mainly used for energy and light, but can also be applied to our thinking about where we come from spirtually and the beginnings of the universe.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

I say only spiritual, because spiritual isn't reality as we see it.

Reality can be as complicated or simple as it pleases. Reality is what refuses to go away when you refuse to accept it exists.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo

Originally posted by andersensrm
reply to post by HeFrippedMeOff

Oh, Now I understand. All the answers lie with Jesus. Can you tell me what his phone number is again?

it's called asking the heavens, the universe, in the name of jesus, for answers. essentially.
try it. what can it hurt? other than perhaps either proving or disproving your position. but you do have to expect an answer. you have to suspend your skepticism long enough to give it a real test. you don't go in the lab without the
equipment and expect the experiment to do itself, you are an essential ingredient, you must believe in the necessity of the test, the validity of its outcome and armed with equipment (faith) to get it done.

No I comletely understand this concept. Its just that you're not talking to the heavens or jesus. This is a misunderstanding. Your are projecting these thoughts through the universal consciousness, and thus affects every living organism, influencing them to head in the direction that leads to what you are asking for. This is what people fail to understand. That the god they are praying to is made up of all of US. WE are god. Not some OTHER being who has IT's OWN intentions and desires. This is something we as humans have created to help us to understand. But now science is showing us that religion is more a metaphor for what really is going on. Except people refuse to believe it and take it for REALITY.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   

personalization is a helpful construct. like, it would've sucked if my dad was just a metaphor. much better that he actually existed.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

????? I have no idea what you are trying to explain with that one

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
All organised religions are control mediums.
Xianity was invented during roman occupation times to absord the local belief system into mithras ideas.
Divide et empera.
The different sections of xianity are merely to enable different cults to argue amongst themselves , and thus not see what the overall control is about.
The vatican is now the largest stock market player,in the USA.

The church of england has over five billion on the london stock exchange.
They are simply fabricated stories to control the gullible.
gravitor

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Religeon is a control mechanism designed to maipulate the masses but there is a new control mechanism that replaces the power of the fear of god and that is the mortgage. What better way to control people? force them all through a system of pre defined programming and manipulate their thought processes through the fear of poverty and enslave them to a dead end job that keeps them in their place..

The sytem we have now sells people to the idea of capitalism and presents us with the desired entrapment of matearilism. A mortgage is a great may to get people to conform to society by becoming an unthinking droid enslaved to the rich while we the workers have no defence against becomming a middle class drone that doesn't question or missbehave because they are gripped within the tyrany of economic falsehood.

Conform or die, the new world order has arrived.
edit on 30-12-2011 by captaincosmic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

To the op, i am a christian, questioned the bible, questioned church leaders, and questioned all versions of christianity as well as studying all religions n philosophies in my spare time.

What i did find is that studying the bible, praying, meditating, and getiing rebaptized, i underwent tremendous mysticl awakenings, spiritual changes, and started to directly experience an Infinite beingness.

What also happened in the 10+years since then is that ive been detaching from the programming of the world. I no longer buy into repblican or democrat, im no longer prideful nor do i care about being an american, my race, my creed, and my gender. In a sense ive gone beyond the world and its BS dramatic stage plays.

Im experiencing infinity, so i look at evetyone and everything in a very loving and detached matter. I woudlnt trade my christ and how ive been permanently change because of him, for all the money, power, women in the world.

If anything, ive been released from all brainwashing inuding anything the world or church as well as the ops post

link   
reply to post by vogon42

Thanks, I didn't know that.

link   
reply to post by captaincosmic

Yup, Unfortuantely this is true, but everybody's to busy arguing whether jesus was black and white. I just sit back absolutley baffled...

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

I just don't agree with the idea that Christ is some reincarnate Pharoah or that the Sumerian Legends have greater weight than the Bible. If Christ is who He said He is (He Who Is), then He is conceptually light years beyond what the Pharoahs claimed for their divinity. Furthermore, if God is truly Enki then He is fairly impotent allowing His Church and pretty much all Christians (even Gnostics and the really out there groups) to completely misunderstand Him for 2,000 years until some educated people who specialize in comparative religions finally "get it". In this way the implications are essentially Gnostic which is why I reject this idea.
edit on 30-12-2011 by kallisti36 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join