It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Christianity Really Brainwashing?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

NO

Christianity is NOT brainwashing. It can used by PEOPLE to brainwash others into doing things, just like anything else can be used by people to brainwash others into doing things.

The same question could be asked about anything.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by BillyTJames

ok, most definately a troll bait thread.
Most of the answers are simply "no" from the op's questions.
All of the cheerleaders are doing just that.

It is not sensible or logical to argue in this thread from a Christ perspective. The op has recieved answers to all this in probably thousands of post in hundreds of threads where he trolls the same questions infinitum.
Seriously, he has been answered on every account many times which simply means this belongs in a rant forum as he never accepts any answer given him, EVER!

bUT i WILL SIMPLY CHALLENGE YOUR BASIC PREMISE THAT SEEMS TO BE REPEATED HERE.
i have READ THE bIBLE A NUMBER OF TIMES.
i CAN ASSURE YOU ALL OF THIS ONE FACT.
nO MAN HAS EVER BEEN LEAD INTO THE KINGDOM FROM "FEAR" AND SCRIPTURE SUPPORTS MY CLAIM.
oNLY FROM THE LOVE OF OUR fATHER IN hEAVEN WILL YOU FIND COMFORT AND EVERLASTING PEACE.
i SAY IT AGAIN, NOBODY HAS EVER BEEN SAVED OUT OF FEAR!!!!!!!
aND THIS IS SCRIPTURAL.
aND IF i POSTED THE SCRIPTURES FOR THIS FACT i WILL BE BIBLE BASHING THE CHEERLEADERS

So, no, it is not brainwashing and the op is peobably transfering and projecting since the basic premise he gives is based on his own pre-sppositions and not anything factual at all.
Anyone worth their salt will leave this thread alone for the cheerleaders to bounce the ball off each others chests.
But I will add all the scripture you want for all you want if that is what you desire starting with a big huge fact.
Scripture states that nobody was ever lead into the kingdom out of fear of hell but only, ONLY from the love of the Father in Heaven.

Anyone that claims different has been brainwashed to believe a lie! ;-)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
My girlfriend is a very devout Christian. She drank that Kool-Aide a long time ago. She goes off to the Methodist Church every Sunday with her two boys in tow. She doesn't lie, doesn't steal, (won't even download pirated music/movies), which doesn't make her a bad person by any stretch of the imagination. However, if it's written in the Bible it MUST be a fact. There is no room for debate. Ask for proof, and she says it's just a leap of faith.
When I point out scientific proof that debunks her stories in the Bible, I'm suddenly going to Hell for questioning the 'word' of God.

I used to know a girl who was a former Jehova's Witness. She told me of the many different techniques they used to dupe, coerce, and brainwash the cult members. Religion as a whole is just a bunch of bunk. None of it can be proven.

If you can't back up your hokey stories, (Bible, Qa'ran, Torah), with proof, fact, or even a little evidence, then why bother believing in something that is clearly a lie?

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Lucius Driftwood

Even though I'm not interested in following Jesus and that is mainly because of who his Father is..I will say that your post is one of the very few I've seen coming from Christians that is actually intelligent. You're not forcing anyone to believe the same and you give your reasons for your own belief and let others choose theirs. I think if all Christians actually did this a lot more people would respect them.

I don't have a single problem with people who state what religion they follow or what they believe and let the other person choose to ask more about it or leave it be. We all deserve that right.

I do have problems with Christians who think the more that they pound hell into peoples heads and demons that that will convert people. Christians absolutely fail to understand "hell" is part of their religion. Its not even a feature or concept in some other religions. We don't all believe there is a actual hell. I'm not converting to a religion that preaches one when I'm in a beautiful religion that doesn't. Why leave Beauty to go spend time yapping about hell?

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
brainwashing is a harsh term for the educating/ training of a Christian

One might call the technique a Total Immersion
(hence the Baptism in water as a physical act...
to correspond with the intellectual and emotional act of Immersing ones self in the 'spiritual' realm of Christianity)

are you following this
edit on 30-12-2011 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by Akragon

So basically the commandment should have said "thou shall not murder, unless God commands you to do so"

The instant God commands it, it's no longer murder. Can we let God have His sovereignty for maybe 15 minutes?? Is that too much to ask, just let Him have 15 minutes of divine sovereignty??

I believe all killing is murder, regardless of the species... Animal or man... to abruptly end any sentient life is pure negative Karma...

"Karma", you mean the law of sowing and reaping? I though God gave man the animals for food?

And i still say OT God is not the true God.

Jesus disagrees.

How can anyone respect any being... God or human that plays by the rule "do what i say, not what i do"

You're claiming God murdered people. God requires ALL our souls at one point or another. And second after we first sin against Him and He chooses to prolong our judgment is grace on top of grace. We'll all stand before Him. He also tells us that vengeance is His alone, and to not seek it on our own.

We only have 10 minutes left now, can we humans give God permission to be sovereign yet?

That's totally Bogus. When people in the people in the Middle East start a Holy War for their God they are looked down on. But by that logic when mothers kill their babies in the name of God it's ok. By that logic of course.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
Does Christianity forbid asking hard questions about its doctrines?

Does Christianity forbid questioning of its leaders and their doctrine or behavior?

Do Christian organizations whose primary focus is fundraising, and who may even resort to deception in order to line the pockets of their leaders? Is it not true that some of these leaders live in luxury, while the one paying them live in poverty?

Do Christians not target young people, the elderly, and others who might be vulnerable to exploitation?

How can Christians be so sure they're right and everyone else is wrong? Isn't that arrogant? Isn't that evidence of a large ego?

Logically speaking, it is simply not possible for all the major world religions to be valid ways/paths to God.

Christianity states that the God of the Bible Yahweh is the only true God and salvation is only possible by accepting Christ as one's Savior and Lord. Judaism states that the God of the Torah/Old Testament is the only true God, and that Jesus is not the Messiah, putting it directly at odds with Christianity. Jesus either is the Messiah, or he is not. If he is, Judaism is not a valid way to God; if he is not, Christianity is not a valid way to God. The mutual exclusion only grows when other religions are added: Islam says that Allah is the only true God, and that anyone who says Christ is the Son of God will be condemned (Qur'an, 5:72, 9:30). Furthermore, if religions other than Christianity are valid ways to God, then one of Christianity's basic principles is false; in that case, can it still be said to be a valid, trustworthy religion?

Is Christianity is intolerant of other beliefs?
I have seen this intolerance many times, in this forum, and in real life.
Tell a Christian you are Wiccan, you very quickly are told that you work for Satan, or are in league with Satan, or Demons, or that you are a Demon, or are possessed by Demons. It is nearly the same if you tell a Christian you are a Buddhist, a Hindu, Taoist, or follow the Native American ways. Isn't it true, and the way if the Christ, that we shouldn't pass judgement on, or condemn these beliefs as being morally wrong? Or sinful?

If someone has a bad disease, telling them that they don't need to seek medical treatment, but to only trust in the Lord, is a wrong thing to do. Isn't it true that a Doctor can help, perhaps faster, and with better results, than prayer?

Whether or not basic Christianity is true or false is a topic of much debate, which is clearly evident in this forum, and elsewhere. It is my contention that when a group, any group, claims to have an exclusive hold on TRUTH, we all tend to immediately doubt the claims of that group. Does Christianity make such a claim? It does claim that Jesus is the only way to God, basically stating that there is only the one path, and all other paths are either morally wrong, or sinful, or the direct path to Hell.

Christianity claims there is good evidence, and lots of it for the resurrection of Jesus from the dead. But truthfully, this evidence is mainly confined to the [canonized] New Testament texts and gospels which were retold from oral/verbal story-telling, (no doubt big in the days before Radio and TV) and various non-inspired written accounts of the life and death of Jesus. The Romans kept meticulous records of everything, and there are no records bearing the name, or the execution of Jesus, to the best of my knowledge. Also, do not forget, there were many men named Jesus at the time:
A Surfeit of Jesuses

This man Jesus is best thought of by secular people as merely another failed Jewish prophet, and human a man, a wise teacher and sage, and nothing more. There were many of these in those times. A lot of them met a violent end, too.
Upon his shocking crucifixion, his disciples had visionary experiences of him and concluded just like the Millerites, the Jehovah’s witnesses, and other similar religious groups that their God was providing a new direction for their cult. In the case of the early disciples they concluded from these visions that Jesus was still alive and that the end of the world would come very soon, within their lifetime.It is my contention that this "historical evidence" is very poor evidence to believe in such extraordinary claims, like the claims Christians must believe in anyway. (or else!)

Christians will claim they have a religious experience which counts as good evidence for what they believe, like an inner witness of the Holy Spirit. This is so bogus of an argument it’s hard to even start. When a believer has a religious experience it is really hard, if not psychologically impossible, to argue him away from his beliefs. It is basically the same with people who have had the ET/UFO experience, once experienced, it would be virtually impossible to make the person think he or she did not really have it. It is the same for a non Christian to have a vision. The vision may be very real for the one having the vision, but to a Christian is it Satan or a Demon trying to fool you. I have been told this many times.
Of course, if a devout Christian has a vision it is fully accepted as coming from God.

And what of those who say they speak to the dead? Christianity teaches that humans have but one life only, and when one dies they either go to Heaven or Hell, and nowhere else. I call attention to
I Samuel 28:11-16: The Witch of Endor. The Witch of Endor reveals that she saw Gods (plural) ascending out of the Earth. There is much debate as to whether or not the apparition that was conjured up by the witch was the real Samuel. The witch described Samuel’s appearance to Saul as being an old man covered in a mantle. A mantle was a type of robe, or coat for the upper portion of the body. There was something about this mantle that convinced Saul that the apparition was indeed Samuel.

I myself have spoken of my Grandfather, who came to visit me, and took me with him for a night of travel and talking that enthralled me. I have also seen, and spoken to my Father, and two friends, all of whom are dead. I also have had conversation with ET Beings.
I have told these things to Christians, who told me it was actually a Demon, fooling me, and not who i thought it was at all. How does one defend against this?

I believe there are many people in the world today who are very deluded by their religious beliefs, even to the extreme in some cases. How do you know that you are not one of them, having been brainwashed by the very culture you were brought up in? How do you know? You must consider this a possibility for it’s a fact that brainwashed people do not know they have been brainwashed.

My claim is that most who call themselves Christian are brainwashed. Demand good evidence along with good reasons for why you believe, believe you know. It’s that simple.

Today's Cult News

Brainwashing & Mind Control Techniques
edit on 12/29/11 by autowrench because: (no reason given)
What??? You spoke to dead people and Aliens???

C'mon!!!!

Listen ALL type of faiths Brainwash people. Not just Christians.

If you have blind faith in:

Christianity
Islam
Judaism
Paganism
Buddha
Hindu
All Media(including Fox,,,lol)
Internet
Governing Bodies(including military)
Politicians
Science
Medicine
And most importantly ALIENS

You're ignorant and Brainwashed.

Another waste of pointless thread.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
In my experience, After countless hours of studying the bible, and comparing that to a brush I had with Scientology in my early 20's, I would have to say YES!

The parallels were incredible, Anything that repeats the same things over and over again IS a form of brainwashing.

What really tuned me away from Christianity was when I learned how the early Christians destroyed as much of our human history as they could to further their own cause.

Any place their "missionaries" were sent over the ages, was reformed into their way of thinking and the "old ways" were demonized and destroyed....

From the burning of of the library of Alexandria, to the destruction and genocide of ancient cultures they deemed to be Satanic!

That's why (In my opinion) we can't figure out how the pyramids of Giza were built, or Stonehenge,and most likely Tiwanaku...

I feel that ANY type of organized religion, at it's base, Has an agenda they are willing to kill for...

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by dilly1

I can see why you say that about Religion but when it comes to Aliens there actually some Evidence behind it so please don't group those together

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

The spiritual should be no different. If it is true, it is simple.

The Spiritual World is not in any way simplistic, in fact, it is rather complex. Think about it, if spellcasting were easy, and any fool could learn it in a day, look at how the world would be. There is also a evolution factor here too, some Spirits are more evolved than others. Here.... on this plain, I mean. Even the study and research of the Bible is no easy task, I spent almost 8 years in the study of religions. The hard part is cross referencing everything.
Oh, you can just buy yourself a pentagram, and a few Wicca books, and call yourself a Witch. I have seen that. Just like you can buy a cross, carry a Bible around, and call yourself a Christian. I have seen that too.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Zeer0

What holy war? Have you forgotten that WE ATTACKED THEM the citizens of the Middle East had no choice but to fight back or risk getting their whole city demolished-which happened anyway-you would fight back to if a bunch of troops wearing another country's colors came on our soil.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Headband7

I guess you forgot about 9/11

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
brainwashing is a harsh term for the educating/ training of a Christian

One might call the technique a Total Immersion

Tomato Tomahto

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Zeer0

So they just did that for no reason? look into why terrorist's do things against people and try to understand that if a persons whole family have been killed in a stray US/UK/whoevers bomb, they would want revenge.
Iam not saying it is right but we have to understand why people turn to terrorism and sort the root of the problem out.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Both valid points there are many Christians just hauling Bibles around and beating their version of 'good news' into people's skulls. The point of Christianity/ the Bible is not to say 'do this, do that, don't do this, and you'll be saved' Not the point. The point is Jesus walks this Earth as the spirit of God (of which there is only one) and experiences everything a normal human would, drinking, sex, pain, suffering, anything so we would know that hard as it is to love our neighbors as ourselves it can be done it's the attitude not the do's and don'ts that make a true 'Christian' in my belief anyway, I consider myself a Christian in a way but very open minded and respectful of others religions because very true who are we to say they're wrong? the basis of religion is basically the same and if we followed that no more issues-it's the out-of-context clutter that gives religion a bad name, that and people using the holy books for their own personal gains, which happens all the time.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined

Originally posted by FugitiveSoul

I asked my father-in-law once what kept him going to church, and he didn't say "love", he said because he'd go to Hell if he didn't respect "Jesus and the lord." If fear keeps you Christian, then you really need to question the motives of the God your religion is preaching about.

I respectfully disagree. If fear keeps you Christian, then you need to question what kind of relationship you really have with God in the first place. To say you need to question the motives of God is like saying my daughter should question my motives and my love for her every time I choose to discipline her.

You misunderstood. I said you need to question "the motives of the God your religion is preaching about." Not God's motives. God, if you believe in a one and all powerful being, would be nothing like the God being taught about in Churches. God wouldn't care about things like worship or tithing. These are mortal ideas. The single path to God/Heaven is also a false claim religions like to preach.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Zeer0

o yeah then we attack Afganistan on a whim nonetheless - justify Iraq for me????

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by IrVulture
In my experience, After countless hours of studying the bible, and comparing that to a brush I had with Scientology in my early 20's, I would have to say YES!

The parallels were incredible, Anything that repeats the same things over and over again IS a form of brainwashing.

What really tuned me away from Christianity was when I learned how the early Christians destroyed as much of our human history as they could to further their own cause.

Any place their "missionaries" were sent over the ages, was reformed into their way of thinking and the "old ways" were demonized and destroyed....

From the burning of of the library of Alexandria, to the destruction and genocide of ancient cultures they deemed to be Satanic!

That's why (In my opinion) we can't figure out how the pyramids of Giza were built, or Stonehenge,and most likely Tiwanaku...

I feel that ANY type of organized religion, at it's base, Has an agenda they are willing to kill for...

Its just not only with Christianity its anything that positions you(or influence large amounts of people) into a side, a group, a cult, a team, ,,a party. Its all in the #'s. The more members the more brain washing is going on. Its happening everywhere. And the Elitist understand that if one has blind faith with there religion or science then they will have blind faith in there Government,Media and Hollywood . They figure you already have acquired the faith(which is the difficult part), so now you'll believe anything they throw at you,,because like god you can't physically contact the President(or senators), you can't contact the Media, you can't contact Hollywood.. So you do the next ignorant thing,,,you believe what they say. Blindly

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by dilly1

Since when did science become a religion? Science has undisputable facts supporting there's no leap of faith there thats way off base. Scientology for sure, but science/ I get scientists individual theories yeah thats a leap but when they have the concrete evidence supporting them, there's no question. Like Christians believe that evolution didn't happen, are you crazy of course it did just look at the evidence it's been proven time and time again, Creation way different God created it yes but evolution is probably his way of making sure that it stays populated and in the best possible way.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by chocise

Again, I could quote Pontius Pilate here.

I love when people say things like that. I could quote Ron Paul, practically everything he says is on the www. Is anyone alive when Pontius Pilate lived, a spoke? How can he be quoted?

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join