It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

$915 - For Every Customer From Power Company - After Storm Hits!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
While Dutch Sinse announced a Storm system reaching half way around the planet:
www.youtube.com...

Norway/Sweden/Finland are Pummeled by a Huge Storm:

news.businessweek.com...
TextAbout 264,500 homes in Finland, Sweden and Norway were without electricity as utilities such as Vattenfall AB worked to restore power after the storm yesterday toppled trees and damaged lines, according to estimates today by companies and grid operators.

But this is the bit that grabbed my attention:

news.businessweek.com...
TextFortum will pay as much as 700 euros ($915) in compensation to each customer who has been without power for 12 hours or more, the company said. It has also moved workers from less affected areas to help fix the damage.

I wonder how many Countries benefit likewise from their Power Providers? - Certainly not here in New Zealand.

Further evidence of the stark difference in Standards of Living - with that kind of compensation I would happily go without power one day a week.

Is this what happens where you live?

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Here in California we lost power for two weeks a couple of years ago. We lost around $600.00 in groceries and had to buy a $600.00 generator to keep from freezing. The power company was extremely generous and made certain to send a check to help compensate for the losses.

I still have that $25.00 check around here somewhere...........

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
In Canada the power companies would most likely BILL you for $915 to cover the extra costs of repairs or some other stupid idea they can come up with.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
LOL no, I think if that happened, a lot of people would instead be charged, if they are on even billing.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by SkyMuerte

Why didn't they just come to your door and slap you in the face and tell you to have a nice day! rofl
idk what else to say to that.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by quedup

Power companies paying the customer?
Get outta here!

All we get in my state is a return call so you won't have to be on hold to find out when the trucks will be in the area. Keeping my fingers crossed in the event that this catches on.

I can only imagine the outrage when Katrina victims hear about this as well as all the mid-West tornado victims FEMA screwed.
edit on 29-12-2011 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Can't remember but - Do these Countries have their own Currency or is it the Euro?

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
If Ron Paul gets elected he would implement things like this because he would spend the money on us, not spend it overseas!

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought
reply to post by quedup

Power companies paying the customer?
Get outta here!

All we get in my state is a return call so you won't have to be on hold to find out when the trucks will be in the area. Keeping my fingers crossed in the event that this catches on.

I can only imagine the outrage when Katrina victims hear about this as well as all the mid-West tornado victims FEMA screwed.
edit on 29-12-2011 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

And to think America was supposed to be the richest country in the world
It's not right! I think this is a good indicator of how Governments do or do not protect people from the greed of the Big Boys.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowLink
In Canada the power companies would most likely BILL you for $915 to cover the extra costs of repairs or some other stupid idea they can come up with.

Ditto here in Canada as well and don't forget after that they would raise your rates by 20 % easy.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by quedup

And to think America was supposed to be the richest country in the world
It's not right! I think this is a good indicator of how Governments do or do not protect people from the greed of the Big Boys.

So you think the government should step in during power outages and make companies pay customers for losses? Most power companies have you sign a contract, and go by that if there is an issue.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowLink
reply to post by SkyMuerte

Why didn't they just come to your door and slap you in the face and tell you to have a nice day! rofl
idk what else to say to that.

I would never allow that! Every time they come to the door I have to bend over and grab my ankles....... Gotta love a monopoly....

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Yeah 915 bucks/euros sounds good but take in to consideration they are in it for the money. I would expect a rate increase over the next few years to triple their generosity. Hope I'm wrong but in our day and age NO business does this sort of thing without $$$ signs being seen. But I see corruption in everything

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Would be nice but not in Ontario Canada.My power goes out for 12 hours at least once a month during warm weather.During winter months power company fixes problems much faster.I live out in the country tho.2 days ago power was out from 11 pm to 6 am and was very cold in the house by then due to electric heat.Once this past summer the power was off for 5 days due to small tornados.Lost all meat in my freezer.Tried to get power company to pay but they said they are not responsable for it.Go figure.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Can't remember but - Do these Countries have their own Currency or is it the Euro?

Finland has Euro, Sweden has Swedish Krona, Norway has Norwegian Krone.

This storm was something unusual, like whole winter here. We had 2 different storms in 2 days, its weird. First storm only hit southern part, while day later second storm affected south and middle parts. Some people are still without electricity, and that could last to January that they get power. Electric grid in some places is totally destroyed. We should put electricity cables underground, but that is very expensive.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
"I would never allow that! Every time they come to the door I have to bend over and grab my ankles....... Gotta love a monopoly...."
Snicker but not really laughing as that is how we feel here.
Hang on to that soap and pay those bills on time or else.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Power Providers should be forced to take out Insurance Cover for any damages caused through their neglect to provide the service for which you have signed up for apart from any inconvenience caused or extra expenses caused due to their neglect or inability to continue service., for what ever reason.

They'd make darn sure they did their best then and wouldn't have such attitude.

Having said that - most of them would add it to the cost of Energy rather than suffer any losses themselves and they wouldn't like the competition it would create either.

It's all about customer relations and let's face it who cares about that any more the only customers any business cares about are the rich ones!

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Wow, the last ice storm that hit us (midwest USA) I was the fortunate one who only lost power for 2 days. 3 of my 4 bordering neighbors had the mast/meter ripped off the house when limbs and trees fell. Each one said it cost $3k by the time it was said and done to get back online.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Power Providers should be forced to take out Insurance Cover for any damages caused through their neglect to provide the service for which you have signed up for apart from any inconvenience caused or extra expenses caused due to their neglect or inability to continue service., for what ever reason.

They'd make darn sure they did their best then and wouldn't have such attitude.

Having said that - most of them would add it to the cost of Energy rather than suffer any losses themselves and they wouldn't like the competition it would create either.

It's all about customer relations and let's face it who cares about that any more the only customers any business cares about are the rich ones!

Guess where the money will come from to pay for those insurance premiums. It won't be from their profit margin, I promise you. If a state law steps in limiting what a power company charges then it will make up the difference by firing people (even worse service and response time to any problems).

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by tkwasny

I agree - as stated in my third para.,

new topics

top topics

join