It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just when you're thinking there's too many laws and all hope is lost

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
A big thanks again to all who sent me warm comments about my experience and a big hug to those who think my dog's a handsome boy.
He's a very old gent and I'll be so lost when he's gone. Regarding how he is with his bunny buddies, they consider him to be sort of a parent figure since I socialized them when the young buns were a week old. Also, I keep my rabbits loose in the yard 24/7, so they always play together and there's no fear among them. Funny how people will never be able to do this with each other.

To the poster above me who finally mentioned the sign and those who don't follow the rules. I admit I'm guilty, but on the other hand, I guess you can say I'm actively and silently protesting this ridiculous "no pets on the boardwalk" rule. America is a strange place. We love our animals, but at the same time, the officials make rules that honor the desires of those who don't enjoy the companionship of furry friends as much as others. Just recently, the town next to mine relaxed the rules about having dogs in outside eating areas and added one day a month that people can bring their dogs into town while all the restaurants offer special dishes for the dogs. I think this is so cool! My town is also getting more lenient about dogs being at tables in outside eating areas, so this acceptance is catching on and I hope it spreads further. I often dream about our country being like France where dogs are allowed practically everywhere. So, my snubbing of the "no pets on boardwalk" rule is my way of saying "relax, it's OK". Regarding those who don't keep their dogs on leashes in public, this is irresponsible behavior. Unless you're at a dog park or in the woods/country, folks need to keep their dogs leashed. Speaking to my friend last night about what happened, he said that the sign is probably more of a deterance than an actual rule. In all honesty, most days I'm there, I'm not the only person with a dog on the boardwalk. It's a common thing to see.

On the other hand, I've come to find that people who don't like animals are the most miserable people on the planet. As with the jerk I encountered, he obviously doesn't like people or animals and maybe has a special hatred for dogs. Maybe his parents never let him have a dog, so now he has to ruin every dog owner's fun. I'm only speculating here though, but the guy was most certainly not right in the head. He obviously had some guts to approach me while I had two large dogs as another poster mentioned. I'm a very small woman (4'7") and for me to be keeping both large dogs under control should've demonstrated to him that I don't rattle easily, but this probably made me look like a more challenging target to this freak. He may even have been jealous because I'm able to do something he's not capable of or afraid to try. You just never know what's going through a person's head or what their trigger might be. Although, I am sorry that I mentioned to him that I go there every day. I have a feeling that he's going to be watching for me and will try to ruin my day again. This time, I'll be ready.

Long live the dogs and those who love them!

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought

To the poster above me who finally mentioned the sign and those who don't follow the rules. I admit I'm guilty, but on the other hand, I guess you can say I'm actively and silently protesting this ridiculous "no pets on the boardwalk" rule.

This is why I'm torn... It is a ridiculous rule! I guess I'll never cease to be irritated because our "representatives" will never stop making stupid laws and not everyone will play by the stupid rules. The dogs on leash is actually a city ordinance where I live, not just a recommendation.

Long live the dogs and those who love them!

Agreed!

<< 1   >>

join