It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the eurozone about to collapse?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Quite possibly as Italy has just put 7% bonds on sale. That is unsustainable and if Italy goes, so does the Eurozone because Germany doesn't have enough to bail them out as well as Greece, France is skint and Britain doesn't give a flying fook about the Euro so won't lend either if they can help it.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
This is all the way is was supposed to be. this is the only conspiracy. this is as they planned.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

This will certainly inspire some reactionary sell offs and commodity buys, but Euro collapse? I'm gonna say no.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by UnivoxSuperfuzz

As soon as Italy asks for a bail out the collapse will happen. Italy has the 3rd biggest economy of the eurozone if that goes thats the end of it.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

Slightly over-reactionary - some investors will react the same way, but I don't see the Eurozone ending. It's too convenient to consolidate power, which is the end game.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   

imo this is all missing the point, I believe that the only reason a system so bad could be in place is that they needed it to be so, surley the demise of the Euro is part and parcel of a bigger plan?

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by thefamiliar

I get what you're saying, but I think a few more things would have to fall into place for this to happen.

Symptoms of a collapse in the future? Yes. An immanent collapse? No.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   

good luck trading then! the bet is on!

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   

I appriciate your thoughts on the things?

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
The Euro or Eurozone is not the problem. The problem is the banking system. That is a global problem, not specific to Europe. Europe is getting all the attention because it's members are all in debt to each other, in one tight-knit group, but the truth is economies around the world are in exactly the same position.

Like I say, it's not the currency or the union that is the problem. It doesn't matter if the cash in your wallet has the word "Euro" written on it, or "Pound" or "Lira" or "Franc" or whatever. Regardless of the currency, if you're loaning out imaginary money all you're doing is creating massive debt that will never be paid back.

It's not going to crash. The fact that a crash would be disastrous for every Euro member means they collectively won't let it happen, no matter what. They will continue to bail each other out, creating even more imaginary money.

All are guilty alike. It's like a group of bank robbers dividing the loot and arguing over who gets what - claiming something that isn't theirs to begin with.

At least bank robbers deal with real money.

edit on 29-12-2011 by FOXMULDER147 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

I nearly agree, but there is no real money only a fabrication created by the "rich"

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

What he said. The system that they use to control us is founded on the Euro and the money we use. I didn't want to go through the process of explaining it, but he did a fantastic job.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by technologicalsingularity

good luck trading then! the bet is on!

Do you think I'm a moron? Trading is gambling and money is worthless even if it WERE backed by gold.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by thefamiliar

I nearly agree, but there is no real money only a fabrication created by the "rich"

When I say 'real money' I just mean physical cash. General speaking there's no physical cash - or very little - involved in bank loans, especially large governmental loans. Just a little slip saying "IOU".

But, yeah, you're correct. Without a physical reserve of equal value, such as gold, all money is just a promise. How much is a promise worth? Whatever you like.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   
www.nytimes.com...

Told you so. This guy has a graph that's going UPWARD! That'll buy 'em two more months.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   
If ''about'' means in next weeks...no, a big NO.

But, if ''about'' means in 3-6 months...probably.I believe that the beginning of the end will start as early as mid-january or late march.If EU manages to hit the can thru first 3 months of 2012, they will manage to survive 3-6 more months.

I wish the EU colapses asap, because the longer it takes, the worse will be.There is no way EU and the world can survive with current banking systems and loans / debts much more.

My personal bet is : EU will start to crumble (lose 1-5 countries from EU zone) before June 2012 and total colapse of this rotten system shortly after.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Probably. Get prepared soon! But whats worse, Fox, CNN, and other news sources WON'T talk about it.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Seems the notion of a collapse is becoming pretty mainstream.

Economists estimate a "30% to 40% chance of a break-up of the euro in 2012"
20% of economists predict eurozone break-up
Nearly all predict a return to recession in 2012

A majority of economists put the possibility of a eurozone break-up at 30-40 per cent in 2012, according to the results of a BBC poll - and 20 per cent even state the eurozone will not exist in its current 17-member form next year.

Nearly all of those polled predicted that Europe would return to recession in the new year as the continent struggles to get to grips with its debt crisis.

Read more: www.thisismoney.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Unfortunately the only evidence you'll see of a Euro currency collapse, is the collapse itself.

You'll only hear about it after it happened.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Dbriefed

You're probably right. It's pretty unfortunate for others out there who are unprepared or never had the idea.

new topics

<<   2 >>

join