It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

soldiers of this world...this is a tribute....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I am a man on a mission. I am a man alone. I am a man without vision. I am the one they chose. I am a man sent to become anything but a savior. I am a man sent to become death to the world. I am a man now howling. I am not a man anymore. I as an animal. I as a hound. The hunt have they have taught me. My purpose now my poverty. The prey is all I own.

In the deep of night I shed my skin, like snakes in a lair twisting their essence. Into the dark I sliver cold poisoned by my venom, haunted by my remorse. In the light of day I race away, with the power of sin turning my love to hatred. My hatred, the fuel of my lantern lighting this cave I made my home. I blaze ever ready to destroy all that is, all parts against the whole. Rebellion is the song I sing. Chanting in a blind fury, transfixed with the melody of pain and scorn. My neighbors now my enemies. My will ever broken, its jaded shards I thrust into kings hearts on their thrones.

Into truth´s logic I cast the doubt of chaos. Against the very nature of my heart beating, I silence another. The vibrant life force of another I will make still and quiet like ancient stone.

I end the days battle and let flow my red blood into the good green earth...I end my life questing for an answer I started out to find but find I already know. My sword not chipped but broken....my shield not bent but torn....My spirit not resting but infesting my soul I dare not mourn. My eyes a sea of anguish, my body, a charred temple of flesh and bone. I as an offering for a devil on an altar of evil adorned with gold.

The ransom paid, my debt forgiven. My fetters now releasing in my heart a newborn hope. I dare to let slip a smile. A tear I cannot help but let flow...I bite my lip and just listen. No longer do I hear the drums of war. The heavens are now open to my inner being now roaring. I as a lion sprinting into his open field I go. No longer do I wander. No longer for hates sake do I linger. Never again in emptiness, forever aimlessly the battlefield to roam.
My enemies and I each other facing. Our sad faces rejoice as we embrace in tears of gladness and hold each other's gaze in healing warmth. A new day is but beginning and we all still stand to make it so.

The hunt is now over. I am free to my laughter. I am free to stay or a slave to my passions to once again go. Now I am a man in his purpose. I am wealthy in my ambitions. I am now content to stay with you in this simple living and make of our mortality an eternal home.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
You insult me
Second line !

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Neocrusader

sorry you take it that way.......this is a poem underlying the process a soldier´s mind goes through, before, during and after his transformation from civilian to soldier, and back.....I was moved to write it after pouring through countless testimonials.....speaking to friends etc......

People are just that, people.....and when you are forced to do things that go against your very nature....you are left with emotional scars that only you truly understand.....I wanted to try and make a soldier see that he might not be alone in this....that some people actually understand what he might feel and not because they buy into the propaganda and the BS that he is like a GI Joe saving Freedom.....most are just doing what they are asked of by their country,.....and we understand.....I don't expect them to be super heroes.....I expect them to be human....and that's enough in my book.....

lastly when I say "I am a man without vision"....I am speaking to the fact that a soldier MUST obey orders....his vision is meaningless....he is deconstructed and rebuilt into what is necessary......his idea of what that is, is never asked....something is always imposed on him....he has not an identity except amongst his fellow soldiers...and when not on duty....

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I fully understand where you were coming from but to donate this as a tribute to the soldiers of the world was a bit much
Not all soldiers feel like this .........not all soldiers are a soulless robot ......

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Neocrusader

well....I did not say they were......but I won't go through this.......sorry you see it that way.....poetry works differently than just praising someone or demonizing another.....good poetry speaks to all sides of a thing so as to understand it.....especially the dark side so as to bring to light the bright.....a good poet will speak to all.....not just his favorite.....I took the time to write this and to put myself in their shoes.....I made this a tribute since it was done in their honor.....

I could have said something insincere and lame like you are the defenders of freedom.....an American soldier might like that since that is what he needs to believe to get through the day.....what would an Iranian soldier think of this tribute then.....or a Russian....or a Australian....he would not relate and think I am just trying to win people over. He would think I am not trying to understand what he goes through.....this is a tribute to ALL soldiers....and what our leaders/ world has put them through.....

but again....sorry you didn't like it.....I guess you just can't see what I saying.....not that you didn't try.....just that you have not gone through a personal dilemma to become a soldier.....it was smooth sailing .....for some it is....like if you're the 8th generation doing this....most are the sons of grocers, butchers, accountants.....this whole thing is new to them and they deserve company......

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I would also like to add:
to the mods.....
this thread has been moved twice....
it was originally posted in social issues and civil unrest.....it belongs there.....you can make whatever argument you want....I don't see it that way.....MO.....
more and more our everyday people are angry about all the war we have had shoved down our throat,...we have people coming home with serious psychological problems and mental scars and no one speaks to them because it is not very pleasant.......they are either expected to deal with it and be "real men" or are just nutters somehow.....what about every day Joes who become soldiers as a way out of their neighborhoods or do so under the promise of education or a future.....they don't deserve their full story told.....they don't go through serious personal issues in what they have to do or did.....this is not a societal issue? It´s just some personal rant then I guess? Fine...again....I don't think so....MO

I bet if this was all rosy and nice it would have stayed where it was....but since "people might get offended" , it was tucked away....I don't care really....not like it is important or anything.....just expected to find an unbiased crowd here with an open mind......I guess poetry should stay in poetry forums.. I guess......maybe religion should stay in religious forums then since this site is dedicated to science and facts.....just MO.....

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neocrusader
I fully understand where you were coming from but to donate this as a tribute to the soldiers of the world was a bit much
Not all soldiers feel like this .........not all soldiers are a soulless robot ......

Indeed.

This is just part of a belief people have grown to accept as truth.

Thanks Hollywood.

This thread=

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   
I would like to see where I said they were soulless robots.......exactly where.....if anywhere....so please if you don't like it just ignore it.....

but here is something you might like.....

Let's go off and save freedom protect democracy and save the world from itself.....to all other countries of the world....submit you evil bastards...you are all scum and should prepare to die....you are all irrelevant.....except Americans....and English.....the rest are subhuman scum and we should kill you.....your struggle is not important, Our super duper forces with just squash your barbaric hoards of heathens
GO team USA.......go get the axis of evil that have nothing in common with you.....you are destroying evil.....go team...

.roses are red violets are blue......kill all the heathens because uncle sam wants you------just lovely----indeed
edit on 1-1-2012 by newyorkee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Our manly men never doubt they are supreme.....they are like gods in their furry and never relent......

they have no reason to feel anything but pride for being super duper manly men.....
all others that feel any form of remorse are sissy girly men.....they are anti-(insert country).......

they should be killed with the heathens that are trying to occupy their countries instead of committing ritual suicide before the super duper might of the awesome allied forces that are just great....

.I mean they are just great in ALL they do......their men never feel remource or have maladjustment when returning to the scum world family life and the scum world of civilian employment.....

they are super heroes......they are like mini jesus's killing all the heathens with their ar15´s.....our world needs not for them to know their human side...no, no....they need to finish the job and just never doubt that killing everyone is the only way out......

they become our enemies when they try and feel anything but pride for killing like no other....this is their purpose....feeling anything is just.....gay...

INDEED

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by newyorkee

You might try actually talking to one? Either one who is currently serving, or has. You might be surprised at how human they are.

But then that would kind of alter your agenda, wouldn't it?

Not a bad poem, by the way... The sentiment, however, is something else entirely. MHO, of course.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   
I made the mistake to originally write something creative on a paranormal /conspiracy site. I saw it as a public forum where people of different backgrounds met and shared culture.....

I did speak to people who knew what they were talking about....I am currently in Spain and .....a country where a bloody civil war ravaged and splintered this country......spit families in 2.....my own included.....a time where brothers would kill each other....sons their fathers.....a time that filled this land with mass graves of countless nameless people, put there by other people that differed only in political ideology......

Not one person I have spoken to here since my childhood up to now......has ever been ok with the things they did to each other.....rapes......murders.....it all tore us apart.....you assume I speak from an American point of view because my name says newyorkee.....I am very much Spaniard and half of all I am is this part of my identity......In my own family we lost loved ones to the worst of men in the worst of ways......I hate war.....I won't hide that......but don't think for a second that a civil, sensitive person, can in any way try and hurt people based on an "agenda".....I am not sick and maladjusted.....I live a perfectly normal life....I am not bipolar or schizophrenic....I am a normal person living a modest life.....

I speak of my friends that were normal too and came back different....they didn't form part of elite units.....they didn't get special treatment for doing their job well.....they were as good as they could be...the best they could be....but they came back to very dull, meaningless lives.....stock boys, waiters, they didn't get much for their sacrifice.....meaningless wars......that makes things harder.....makes it allot darker a world for them....

I just want to say that for some one that dislikes something written with the hopes of a creative interpretation.....you are taking quite literally my writing style and commenting in too many ways your dislike of it....just ignore it.....look at how many times you try and express your dislike of this......yet you can't let it go and have to attack the validity of my point of view.....just go......you have ruined the conversation I wanted to offer someone that didn't see it like you....maybe they would have just wanted to speak their mind on the subject and move on...maybe they would have wanted just an ear to listen about this.....who knows.....but any chance of that is ruined when people like you.....intolerant people....try and impose your "superior" understanding.......

who says NO SOLDIERS feel like this .you don't ,fine .leave .someone else might. Instead you have to just KNOW this is not correct, valid, sincere. Whatever .(agenda) really. grow up .I am not as deluded as you to think anything we post here has more than passing value to anyone or anything .get real MR.hollywood...(as I call you)

this is where I can speak my mind .I made not argument...stated no claim to anything.....I just wrote something .yet you have to try and silence it.....why? you don't agree......you remind me of the friends i lost not to war in that they died....just that they ended up screaming at me at some point.....If you don't like America...THEN LEAVE!!! Like when bush was on his way to Iraq......when I suggested 911 was an auto attack....I was humiliated by people I loved. because they couldn't disagree.....it would mean all they lost to this way of life was lost for nothing......it was easier to deal with if it was all really for freedom....if it really was for democracy....if it was for any damn word you could name. I think of the wars MY COUNTRY is in....and I look to what it has done

SO what if in your eastern European country you have become desensitized by all the war you have seen....91 huh......long time to still understand what a person who has less than a year of actual combat might feel....MAYBE, you have grown too professional a soldier to understand what we.....normal people might feel because of war....we aren't maladjusted...we aren't schizophrenic....we try and stay normal.....it is WHO WE ARE.....not what an army or a war made us....but rather what and who we were before we go in.....It's harder to try and live by who you are after you have become same one new.you are a professional soldier....anything after that is still down that road.someone trying to return to being teacher...or a mechanic.....might not just revolve back into his life without addressing the things he saw one set of human beings do to another.....it's not all one road for him.....it's harder....he has to choose who he will be.....that warrior....or who he was before.....for some it's harder.IMO.I am not military...I don't pretend I am.I have close people who are....I do know them....I have spoken to people who have done in ways more sinister and more twisted, things to their own countrymen....that conventional war should never be. no expert. just me

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by seagull

You might try actually talking to one? Either one who is currently serving, or has. You might be surprised at how human they are.

But then that would kind of alter your agenda, wouldn't it?

Not a bad poem, by the way... The sentiment, however, is something else entirely. MHO, of course.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
what leads you to believe I didn't.....? the fact you don't think I would write this, this way if I did....I never said they aren't human.....this is a tribute to their humanity.....as far as my humble inexperience and lack of talent and vision in creative writing permit me....I´ll try harder next time sir.....

Agenda.....sir I am currently ROTFLMFAO....you kid right....yes I am a secret dis-info poet....

oh and you are now an expert on MY SENTIMENT.....you are ridiculous.....and no mediator....just someone who chose a side.....next time try and not silence someone because you disagree....would you go to another poem and express how much you think it sucks....no you would leave it alone as you would then be giving OPINION....who the hell are you to say yours is more valid...or mine is not.....cheap man....real cheap....

serve your purpose.....not your favorite......lame

edit on 2-1-2012 by newyorkee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

actually....Holly Wood gives soldiers the hero mythos and a sense of their above normal strength....it portrays them as being idealistic and gives a sense of legendary "titans" leading to hero worship.....I loved Rambo growing up.....

and by the way......this is a poem....not a literal piece of literature......it's like saying the movie alien gives a bad name to illegal immigrants based on the fact that the natives are being attacked by an alien entity not of their world and is so bias to their struggle for survival.....this whole argument is one of censorship and lameness.......resistance is useful.....I will write as I please and enjoy my freedom to do so.....I say it's a tribute from my point of view.....and you are no one to validate that...just another close minded person who can give his opinion.....but if you don't like it......LEAVE.....

thank you for reading it...but if you don't like a piece of creative writing it is just mindful of manners and considerate to not express criticism unless solicited.....like going to a movie and talking about hot terrible it is during the show so no one enjoys it......would you do that......how is this different....what if I go in to making movies....would you do that at one of my movies....

.you have ruined the chance of a conversation between people who do share my idea of what a soldier could go through....you have to argue its validity like if I made a factual statement......it's my opinion......how dare you try and silence me.....this is not your place to do so....it is MY place to express myself with or without your approval

I will refer you and all others t my last post of this threads sister "angry version"

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

join