It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ok just want solve a mystery please all ! Lava flow or not ?(first post)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
ok just i want show you something...

is it lava on this pictures near the epicenter of siberian quake ?

And there is the same in Venezuela...

Is it lava flow ? and if no, what is it ?

edit on 29-12-2011 by maritimo69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
red weed from war of the worlds ???????

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
looks like iron ore maybe? when it rusts.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
looks like this intense color comes from post-processing the data to enhance it somewhat.

from what i think this is done by some algorithm due to the vast ammount of images, so that noone actually has a look on every single image to correct that.

lava looks somewhat different, it would glow some more if its still hot, or black/grey/dark when its cold. Also you would see layers which look like it has floated in some way

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I don't think it is lava. the white areas in the Siberian shots are pretty obviously snow accumulation, and there are a few places where the white seems to be covering the reddish areas. Snow cannot exist next to lava; it would instantly melt and almost as instantly vaporize.

I'm thinking what we are seeing is red clay. It does bring up the question of why are those areas bare of vegetation (green), but there are numerous explanations for that... previous lava flows, deforestation, poor soil, climate variations, etc.

TheRedneck

link   
It's not lava. Look at Google's satellite images of Hawaii Volcanoes National Park. Flowing lava is much brighter and dried lava is much darker than the stuff in your pictures. It also flows in well defined streams downhill which isn't what your images show.

I think you've found some dying trees. In your second image, if you look at the left most point of the main orange area that the picture is centered on, there are areas in which the green plants and the orange color are mixed. If it were lava, the green stuff would be burned and wouldn't still be green. There would also probably be a lot of smoke. I would guess it's a seasonal change in the plant life that you're seeing, or maybe they have a disease, or maybe it's too dry near the tops of those ridges, or maybe it's too cold up higher where you observer the orange color.

link   
Duplicate post...
edit on 12/29/11 by OnceReturned because: delete duplicate

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

Snow cannot exist next to lava; it would instantly melt and almost as instantly vaporize.

Wrong ! iam very bad in english for explained but very wrong ...
Just look in Iceland ...
Under the earth in Siberia there is a reservoir of 2 million square kilometers of lava ...

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
The Siberian traps is located far,far to the east of where the earthquake originated.
as to the red stuff.. who knows..lol

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
What the hell are we even looking at? This looks like magnified spinach.

Do you have the original?? How could snow co-exist a top of lava anyway?
I mean, I know times are a-changing but I'm pretty certain the rudimentary laws of physics remain the same.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by maritimo69

Look very much like mineral deposits, we have ares like this in Nevada and California that I have seen myself.

Lava can't flow uphill, if this were lava it would be spewing from numerous ridge tops like slits and running down...don't think that happens.

Do a search on mineral deposits Google and look at photos the colors change very suddenly in these places.. look at the lat two shots on this page for instance.
stevenbell.blogspot.com...
edit on 29-12-2011 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Your first image looks like an area that has been burned in a forest fire to me. Here is an area I'm familiar with that burned a few years back. Look similar?
As someone else mentioned above me, the bare soil looks red because of a high Fe (iron) content; in this case, a serpentinite soil. No lava.
I'm not certain about the Venezela map, but again, it looks like iron-rich soil. I can't get your second russia map to open.
Hope this helps.
edit on 12/29/2011 by Olivine because: to fix messed up link--hope this works

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

sigh - please review the image date - GE is not real time

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

but if u look thats not the same ... its not that..

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

2011 (terrametrics, mapabc.com, etc ...)
very ignorant ^^

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

fook - are you soo clueless ??????? i will say again - check the image date

PS - te software copyright is irrelevant

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Maybe the soil in Sibirea has high clay content? That has the same hue (just a guess)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Images on Google maps from that far away are artificial color. You have to get down to the point you see brown earth to start seeing natural terrane color. Like this below image illustrates.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Just gonna say because this is your first thread...Well done dude

Don't get downhearted because of some comments and welcome to the best community on the web

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   

The key there is "under the earth". Soil is a thermal insulator; it slows heat transfer. Lava can exist underground and there be snow atop that ground because the soil between the two restricts the flow of heat. It's the same phenomenon that makes geothermal energy possible.

Remove the earth between them and the water will flash to steam instantly. Even where lava reaches the ocean, a huge amount of steam is produced before it can cool enough to stop flashing the water. What we are seeing in those photographs exists above ground.

I repeat: lava cannot exist next to snow. Either the snow will melt/flash to steam, or the lava will be far too cool to flow (in which case it is no longer lava, but igneous rock strata). That's elementary physics.

TheRedneck

top topics

<<   2 >>

join