It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS allows you to discuss issues, but not create change.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun
reply to post by ConspiraCity

I personally alert those threads because 1 its against the t&c and 2 I don't like being solicited for someones issues...its annoying,just like people fishing for stars and flags on this site for garbage threads.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.
edit on 29-12-2011 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

Ctpn Not So Mod, alerting the staff because you have looked at something you dont like...

oooo

But im guessing as much as you felt the need to report it, you neeeeeded to see what you was reporting, right?

I dont mind people fishing for stars, because the features there for that to happen. But your not a mod, and there aint no feature that gives you benefits to go tell on people, especially when you had no business reading the thread.
edit on 29-12-2011 by n00bUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ConspiraCity
They don't allow any "petitions, or any kind of solicitation for political action, social action, letter campaigns, or related online and/or offline coordinated actions of any kind."

Well.. looks like I ought to look at new websites since this one only aids the destruction rather then assist the resolution.

What, you have to pick one website?

ATS is a great place to learn about and discuss paranormal, conspiracy related, or otherwise unconventional stuff. It's not great for everything you may want to do online, but that's why you have the whole rest of the internet. You can take advantage of the things ATS is good for, and go be an activist on a site that's for activism. Doesn't that sound like a good idea?

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
How can you create meaningful change when you don't know hardly anything about what is really going on here at Earth in the first place?

We need information right now, a lot of it. Many people don't have a clue about history, science, philosophy, logic, etc.

I will point people towards what I have been into recently. And it's extremely deep with countless facets of information available for us to gain great understanding.

Antiquarian wiki

An antiquarian or antiquary (from the Latin antiquarius, meaning pertaining to ancient times) is an aficionado or student of antiquities or things of the past. More specifically, the term is used for those who study history with particular attention to ancient objects of art or science, archaeological and historic sites, or historic archives and manuscripts.

Books on antiquarian topics covered such subjects as the origin of customs, religious rituals, and political institutions; genealogy; topography and landmarks; and etymology.

By the end of the 19th century, antiquarianism had diverged into a number of more specialized academic disciplines including archaeology, art history, numismatics, sigillography, philology, literary studies and diplomatics.

Comparitive mythology

Comparative mythologists come from various fields, including folklore, anthropology, history, linguistics, and religious studies, and they have used a variety of methods to compare myths.

The reason I am hoping people will get involved in these varied topics is because it is incredibly important to building context from which to approach the issue of creating meaningful change.

How can we solve our problems when we don't even understand the source of these problems?
How can we make a good future if we don't understand our past?

Also I highly recommend using a combination of approaches to looking into these things. Compare and contrast things and analyze what you discover. Look for the origins of our problems and seek understanding, ask questions and seek answers, then ask more questions and seek more answers, and keep digging.

Avoid specializing and seek to become versatile. Cast a wide 'net' so that you may increase your 'harvest'.
edit on 29-12-2011 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

Why do you think we have alert buttons....for decoration??
I might have even alerted a few of your posts in the past.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinfoilTP
What are you talking about?
They violate their own T&C every second this site is live by all the members having Ron Paul bumper stickers for his election as their banners and avatars.
Every member is constantly bombarded with vote for Ron Paul whether they like it or not.

Edit to add: Haven't you noticed by now that there are so many people supporting Ron Paul because of what he stands for and who he is. His support is growing by the day and people like you can't stand that his message is catching on.

--------------------------

I find that quite ironic...

edit on 12/29/2011 by freakjive because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by freakjive

He has a Ron Paul avatar. (Tinfoil...)

I'm just saying.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea
reply to post by freakjive

He has a Ron Paul avatar. (Tinfoil...)

I'm just saying.

My avatar is of a polarizing modern figure. In no way is it soliciting anything.
It is not a bumper sticker at the bottom of every post soliciting a vote.
But I don't expect any of the Ron Paul for president campaigners here to ever agree, and don't care. You should be happy that some recognize him as a polarizing figure even if they would never advocate voting for him.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

Actually, that is not true. Recruiting and Solicitation is not allowed on ATS in posts or private messages.

15e.) Recruitment/Solicitation:

i) You will not use your membership in the Websites for any type of recruitment to any causes whatsoever. You will not Post, use the chat feature, use videos, or use the private message system to disseminate advertisements, chain letters, petitions, pyramid schemes, or any kind of solicitation for political action, social action, letter campaigns, or related online and/or offline coordinated actions of any kind.

ii) You will not Post, use the chat feature, use videos, or use the private message system to collect or ask for the personal information (data mining) about forum members, including email addresses and "real life" names, in any manner whatsoever, or for any reason whatsoever.

iii) You will not Post, use the chat feature, use videos, or use the private message system to solicit members of the Websites on behalf of another message board, online community or competitor. You will not attempt to use your membership to encourage or lure other members in any way to other websites or discussion boards in competition with TAN. Doing so will result in removal of your Post(s) and immediate termination of your account.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
By coming on here and posting/reading topics. news that otherwise wouldn't see the light of day and disscussing it with fellow ATSers aren't you creating change? While you may not be able to make petions and whatnot you are still effecting other people opinions and also seeing all sides of whatever is being discussed I honestly don't see why you find it that big of a deal your not allowed to solicit or post petitions,

on a side note I can also understand where the site is coming from there are a lot of topics discussed on here that are way outside the mainstream, and all it would take is one person organizing some crazy rally or miltia meeting and they would shut the site down no questions asked they are covering their behinds and I don't blame them

so
to you
edit on 29-12-2011 by RN311 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join