It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS allows you to discuss issues, but not create change.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
They don't allow any "petitions, or any kind of solicitation for political action, social action, letter campaigns, or related online and/or offline coordinated actions of any kind."

Well.. looks like I ought to look at new websites since this one only aids the destruction rather then assist the resolution.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ConspiraCity
They don't allow any "petitions, or any kind of solicitation for political action, social action, letter campaigns, or related online and/or offline coordinated actions of any kind."

Well.. looks like I ought to look at new websites since this one only aids the destruction rather then assist the resolution.

They never said they did?

If you think this is a place where you can affect change and make a difference and campaign and do something, then you're wrong..... this is merely entertainment.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

guess that's just what I would expect from any person discussing these issues.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Argument for change is the start for change. That is the platform ATS affords us.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
You know what I’m excited to discuss? Anything other than Ron Paul!!!

This website has become nothing but a poster board for Ron Paul.

When I first came here this was a great site that showed multiple views. Now?

It’s a disgrace of favoritism towards one candidate.

You decide.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ConspiraCity

Are you on drugs?

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Ozvaldo

Are you? ...

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I completely understand the point you are making. We have an excellent group of like-minded individuals here and it would be an easy place to garner support for your cause.

The problem with that is...

Where does it leave ATS? ATS could be seen as supporting some ideas that might go against what their advertisers stand for and it would affect the bottom line.

On top of the money thing, there are some real kooks on this site that could attempt garnering support for anything from cannibalism to assassination attempts. Just read through some of the threads.

I understand where ATS is coming from.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Yes, I have a cold..

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I would understand removal of outlandish information. but some of it isn't outlandish at all, we all can agree something isn't right in this world.. but I guess we cant discuss how we can fix it.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   

I'm sure that they are looking to keep "spammers" out. Whether they political (and most are) or otherwise.

But if you want to hear yourself shout and be echoed...sure, go to other sites. Those are lonely places.

But I have followed your threads and posts, and even though many may disagree with you. There is still room for a dissenting voice.

Myself? I want to hear the opposing side. If anything, for grins and giggles.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   

This matter has always angered me.

We can discuss everything here, from political leaders shafting us, to the galactic federation of poo poo...But we're not actually allowed to start a petition to stop this # and bring REAL awareness to the people in office - only awareness between our selves, who are already aware. . .

Before people start saying "well if one person comes here and starts a petition, then it will just become a board of petitions" well, thats good in my eyes, start a whole new section dedicated to this and actually start doing some good, because at the moment, your very user generated, we have the brains & skills, you have the people power - use this power and start a petition board. Do something, change something, theres nothing stopping you guys other than fear.
edit on 29-12-2011 by n00bUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Good luck on finding another website.

Goodbye.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
You can start any kind of action you want. If people are interested in what you're saying they can PM you, and from there you can communicate more directly using other means that are not directly affiliated with this site. The PM option is just as secure as the rest of the site and it's one of the options that are displayed under your avatar when you scroll over the word "member". You just can't do anything of this nature "officially" via one of your threads. I'm not a member of staff so I can't say if this advice is 100% correct, but this is what I've gathered after reading their terms and conditions.

If you had a website that dealt with the kinds of issues that are dealt with here, everything in other words, with the kind of membership numbers this monster boasts, would you want to be seen as endorsing any one particular movement? It would be defeating your whole purpose of having a website like this if you did.

My advice? Start a thread that is worded in such a way that suggests starting a grassroots movement without coming right out and saying it. Say it without saying it in other words. You won't be violating any T and C rules, you'll just be voicing your opinion, and the members you want on your side will be smart enough to read between the lines.

Doing it this way keeps the staff here safe from any legal issues, it helps you get your point across, and it helps others see that there are other people who want the same thing. Everybody wins.

Trust me when I tell you that subtlty works. People aren't stupid.

youtu.be...

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

You speak of petitions. How many names would need to be seen on a petition before it carries weight? 500,000? 250,000? Could you get change with 100,000? I ask because ATS got about 25,000 members visiting in the last four months. Will you leave up a petition for four months? Will all of the members who see it sign up?

What I'm curious about is the best way to coordinate between two members. U2U? Build from that base.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by freakjive
I completely understand the point you are making. We have an excellent group of like-minded individuals here and it would be an easy place to garner support for your cause.

The problem with that is...

Where does it leave ATS? ATS could be seen as supporting some ideas that might go against what their advertisers stand for and it would affect the bottom line.

On top of the money thing, there are some real kooks on this site that could attempt garnering support for anything from cannibalism to assassination attempts. Just read through some of the threads.

I understand where ATS is coming from.

Petitions not to go to war, against companies like Monsanto, petition to get disclosure on things the government's are purposely holding back, petition to have referendums - the list of good means which dont effect ATT's advertising revenues goes on

Originally posted by charles1952
reply to post by n00bUK

You speak of petitions. How many names would need to be seen on a petition before it carries weight? 500,000? 250,000? Could you get change with 100,000? I ask because ATS got about 25,000 members visiting in the last four months. Will you leave up a petition for four months? Will all of the members who see it sign up?

What I'm curious about is the best way to coordinate between two members. U2U? Build from that base.

No, i mean bring awareness to certain petitions - yes we can start them also, but it would be stupid to confine them to ATS, wouldn't it

Originally posted by caladonea

Good luck on finding another website.

Goodbye.

I dont see why people post if that all your going to contribute.
edit on 29-12-2011 by n00bUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Politics aside - ATS can be a tool for change insofar as you have the ability to influence others here.

I don't mean that in a negative or subversive way, although the potential definitely exists, but rather that you have the ability to present evidence and opinion that can open minds to see things from new perspectives.

I can understand ATS' desire to remain neutral in regard to supporting any one political stance - not for the sake of their advertisers but for the sake of their users. If gathering direct support for a petition or movement were allowed here, the potential would exists for ATS to become very slanted and I think something important would be lost if that were to happen.

There are other forums both virtual and physical to actively seek support on an issue.

ATS is a place for sharing ideas.

I had a thought, and I don't know to what extent if any this would be allowed here, but if you really were looking to get people to sign a petition take some time to find and meet like minded people here on ATS. If you were to at some point exchange another means of contact information you would be free to say anything at all there. I'm not saying you should actively do this, but it is something to keep in mind and accomplish organically, over time, if you should decide to keep your account active.
edit on 29-12-2011 by TinkerHaus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
reply to post by n00bUK

Face Book is an excellent resource for starting petitions. I've signed many from there. From Green Peace to political ones.

ATS is good for what it does. Leave it if you want...but that's kinda like shooting yourself in the foot. As I see many FB petitions linked here in various threads with no problems.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   

I personally alert those threads because 1 its against the t&c and 2 I don't like being solicited for someones issues...its annoying,just like people fishing for stars and flags on this site for garbage threads.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.
edit on 29-12-2011 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
What are you talking about?
They violate their own T&C every second this site is live by all the members having Ron Paul bumper stickers for his election as their banners and avatars.
Every member is constantly bombarded with vote for Ron Paul whether they like it or not.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join