It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Get Ready For A Obama-Clinton Presidential Ticket

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by kawika

You are assuming all morons vote for the same person.

Each candidate has it's own group of morons.

Your analogy doesn't work.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

And costs would go down, not quite third world, but things would be awfully more affordable, So how's that sticking it to the middle class? This would balance the market, IMO. And no, I think that rich people would have a lot more things as well, since they will be cheaper to buy, but along with this artificial scarcity also has to be resolved, and I really don't know where RP stands on that or if he's even acknowledged it...the only scarce thing we have right now is Oil, but if there were more alternative fuels created there would be no issue with that either. Plus I hear hybrid cars are going down in cost too, so this could be a start, JMO.

How would costs go down???

Everything becomes way more expensive over night...costs more to make things, costs more to ship things and cost more to make a profit.

Costs would go up...income would stay the same or drop.

If you decrease the amount of money (this is effectively what the Gold Standard would do)...things become more expensive. Companies have less money to work with...they still have to pay their employees pre-conversion incomes (until those adjust), and then they have to try to make the same pre-conversion profits. Prices would skyrocket.

Besides that...loans would stop over night...most companies run off of loans...that means companies close down overnight.

PLUS...unless the whole world switches over to the Gold Standard....WE CAN'T. Because once we do, anyone holding an American dollar can ask the US government for it's value in gold...meaning China can request payment on all our debt in gold.

The Gold Standard is never going to return...not in the foreseeable future...it's just not possible.

Please...go look into it for yourself...don't just listen to what Ron Paul and his supporters are trying to sell to you. THey are selling a utopia that doesn't exist.

link   
This is why I support the Fed being closed down this puts it in better words than I can:

Today, under Keynesian "monetary policy," the money supply is easily expanded through open market purchases of government short term obligations - a "monetization of debt" - usually involving nothing more than the changing of notations on financial accounts from government bills to cash - and by shortening the average term of government debt and other modern credit based methods of expanding the money supply. For a detailed explanation of how the U.S. Federal Reserve System was transformed into an engine of inflation, See, Meltzer, "A History of the Federal Reserve, vol. 1 (1913-1951)," Part I, "The Search for Stability (1913-1923)," Part II, "The Engine of Deflation (1923-1933)," and Part III, "The Engine of Inflation (1933-1951). For a broader view of U.S. monetary history, see Friedman and Schwartz, "Monetary History of the U.S. (1867-1960)," Part I, "Greenbacks and Gold (1867-1921)," Part II, "Roaring Twenties Boom - Great Depression Bust, (1921-1933)" and Part III, "The Age of Chronic Inflation (1933-1960)."

Understanding inflation

Now don't get me wrong, a lot of other things would have to be changed to make it balanced...and there would be some pain for a short time, but it would stabalize I beleive.

On the Hillary stuff you posted, all I can say is, I thought she wanted universal healthcare too. Then again it was so long ago (I was a teenager when she was first lady) so I may have misunderstood or she is another shill who flip flops and bends to the will of big business. Great...now I don't like her anymore. Yuck.
edit on 29-12-2011 by ldyserenity because: spelling

link   

Each candidate has it's own group of morons.

That made me laugh. What a great quote!

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

i STRONGLY encourage anyone the least bit attracted to her unroyal lowness, her hideous heinous--Hillary Antoinette de Fosterizer de Marx de Stalin de Pol Pot de Sade

to search out the candid comments of those who've worked around her . . . including Secret Service types . . .

Or even just ask personal connections that might lead to someone who's worked around her.

What such an EFFECTIVE search would discover is someone who's more mean spirited, vitriolic, vengeful, angry, Marxist to the core, ARROGANT TO THE MAX, angry, Gritchy as a default mood, etc. etc. etc.

Anyone who thinks such a mess of a person would be good running for even dog catcher--much less above . . .

is delusional.

edit on 29/12/2011 by BO XIAN because: spelling

edit on 29/12/2011 by BO XIAN because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

I am researching it, and I know there will be some problems until other matters are fixed and until it stabilizes. Who knows if we don't have the gold to pay China? By your own admission, we don't even know how much we have in the US. How do you know we aren't hoarding it and hiding it? I beleive debt based systems were created out of power-grabbing greed, period. Also we have diamonds too, could convert that for gold and I for one, well I would give two rats behinds if the diamond horders closed their doors forever (A BIG portion of the artificial scarcity problem is the diamond market).

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

Things would have to be more than changed...the WORLD would have to follow along. And it isn't in any countries interest to follow along to a gold standard. If the US goes to the gold standard, it would be better for every other country to stay off the gold standard, demand payment from the US government in gold until it is bankrupt and then sell the gold back to the US, who has no money to buy it.

It's easy to go from a gold standard to a FIAT currency when you are an economic powerhouse like America was when they did it...you just tell other countries "Our money is worth this much"...and they have no choice but to agree. They only way to combat that is for them to go FIAT as well.

But going back to the gold standard is suicide for the first country that does it.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Things would have to be more than changed...the WORLD would have to follow along. And it isn't in any countries interest to follow along to a gold standard. If the US goes to the gold standard, it would be better for every other country to stay off the gold standard, demand payment from the US government in gold until it is bankrupt and then sell the gold back to the US, who has no money to buy it.

It's easy to go from a gold standard to a FIAT currency when you are an economic powerhouse like America was when they did it...you just tell other countries "Our money is worth this much"...and they have no choice but to agree. They only way to combat that is for them to go FIAT as well.

But going back to the gold standard is suicide for the first country that does it.

I see. But the debt based system sucks worse. I don't know how to remedy it, but I am sure RP has a plan or he wouldn't be talking about ending the Fed, he's a smart man. He's probably done all the thinking, researching, and planning. Maybe it still would be the current system just not ran by the Fed, and not saturating the government with more fiat money (which causes the inflation). I don't know, but I am sure he knows all that needs to be done, which is more than I can say for Obama. I don't think he's smart at all, in fact he's been reminiscint of Bush's stupidity to me, that's based on whenever I see him talk...I go "WHAT?" "I mean did he just really say Hawaii is part of Asia???"

And we have 53 states? Come on....you don't see it?

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

Anyone who thinks such a mess of a person would be good running for even dog catcher--much less above . . .

is delusional.

"God bless the America we are trying to create." politicalhumor.about.com...

Oh, how bad could she be? I think I am getting jaded as I feel it is out of my hands. Living here, my vote will always be canceled out by my lefty neighbors. Honestly she seems much tougher than Obama, and that would be a good thing.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   

"WHAT?" "I mean did he just really say Hawaii is part of Asia???"

And we have 53 states? Come on....you don't see it?

But wait,Hawaii is Asia, he was born in Asia then?? I thought he was a US nat born citzn?

Usually you only get those kinds of flubs from the VP, comic relief. Remember Dan Quayle. I miss the 80's (and early 90s, darn fact checkers).

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   

If Ron Paul has some master plan...don't you think he should be sharing it with everyone???

This is all he tells us on his campaign website.

www.ronpaul2012.com...

As President, Ron Paul will work for passage of comprehensive audit legislation, and he will also fight to legalize sound money so Americans will have alternatives to the Fed’s inflated paper money.

Ultimately, he will lead the charge to end the dishonest, immoral, and unconstitutional Federal Reserve System, enabling America to take a giant step toward economic security, financial responsibility, and lasting prosperity.

Where is the plan???

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

I am sure it would be too long and drawn out to share with us, and maybe more than difficult for most to understand. The whole intricacies of it, probably aren't in laymen's terms. And really there aren't many people who aren't even interested in it, but from his website you can probably contact him and find out. I am sure he'd oblige if he's got the time, which may be asking a bit much while he's campaigning. I am not going to elect my president based on the frivolities you have listed, that's why I have given the above great consideration. I think Obama sucks for two things Raising the debt cieling and for more bailouts, both of which RP is strictly against. I am basing my choices solely on that and that stupid healthcare bill too which puts me paying half of my check for health insurance as it seems I never qualify for anything the minorities with my same income are getting off with.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   

From the look of Clintion she is in no shape to run for anything, that and another four years of Obama no matter who he chose for VP, there would be no country left to run in 2016.

Hillary is probably not smart enough to stay out of this mess but Slick Willie knows better and would no doubt keep her from makeing a fool of herself..........................or not.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Where is the plan???

More important to know his past, what has he done, what does he think, who is he. Candidates will say anything to get elected. BO was an exception in that he told us what he was going to do to us and then was elected anyway.

Ron Paul is a small govt guy. That is really the choice, you want them all in your business, or you want to minimize govt. Close big agencies. Kennedy was killed because he was going to disband the CIA. It would be foolish for RP to telegraph something like that. RP has discussed things like auditing the FED. Maybe a foolish thing to speak about until just walking in there.

Probably no one can save us. You only have one vote. Vote for the one who is alike in thinking to yourself. Search his history. Pay no attention to what they say to get elected.
edit on 29-12-2011 by kawika because: added quote

edit on 29-12-2011 by kawika because: 84

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Strategically, I think this is idea would be a brilliant move for the Dems and Obama. When thinking about Politics people make the mistake of thinking short term. In Politics the thought process should always be in terms of long term thinking. No one goes into the White House thinking they will a one term President.

So what would a move like this accomplish?

First off all, you are targeting Female voters, Independents etc. You will find people who will vote just for the historical significance of having a female VP. Should this ticket get a win, what does that mean long term?

Well you are lining up Hilary for a run at the White House in 2016. Not only are you lining her up for a run, but you are better positioning yourself for a Democrat to be in the White House in 2016. Thus keeping a party in the Executive Branch for 12-16 years if you include re-election of Hilary. Which you have to account for it, again, no one goes into the White House with a plan for being a one term President.

I can even imagine Obama's speech and endorsement of Hilary Clinton in 2016, it will probably be called the "We have to stay the course" speech. It will be about how are the problems of US did not happen over night and as hard as his Administration has worked for the last 8 years, there is still much to do which his Administration simply has not had the time to accomplish. So we must stay the course, we must be steadfast and vigilant and keep pushing on for a better future. Mrs. Clinton has worked feverishly for 8 years and who better to finish what we started than someone who has been working so hard since day one? Who better to see the America through to the end of this crisis than someone with first hand knowledge of all the inner workings and policies and bring America back to prosperity?

Oh I can hear that speech now... strategically speaking, this would be brilliant.
edit on 29-12-2011 by MrWendal because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Democrats have been anticipating Hilary's announcement. However, the timing and scheduling of her already busy profession has made it clear that she intends to stay on for 4 more under the Obama administration. Fact is that she was offered her position to ease Obama's entrance to the White House. She is a force to be reckoned with. I don't like her at all but one thing we all know is that her balls are bigger than his. I have suspected it from the initial start of the first term that come the second she was going to either run for president or as vice-president. Obama will surely be back in the white house then. I don't see Ron Paul even coming close to making it personally, which in many ways is a shame, but he lacks someone solid for his vp right now. This will be interesting for sure. Let's see how the GOP power struggle turns out first.

link   

Originally posted by kawika

Where is the plan???

More important to know his past, what has he done, what does he think, who is he. Candidates will say anything to get elected. BO was an exception in that he told us what he was going to do to us and then was elected anyway.

Ron Paul is a small govt guy. That is really the choice, you want them all in your business, or you want to minimize govt. Close big agencies. Kennedy was killed because he was going to disband the CIA. It would be foolish for RP to telegraph something like that. RP has discussed things like auditing the FED. Maybe a foolish thing to speak about until just walking in there.

Probably no one can save us. You only have one vote. Vote for the one who is alike in thinking to yourself. Search his history. Pay no attention to what they say to get elected.
edit on 29-12-2011 by kawika because: added quote

edit on 29-12-2011 by kawika because: 84

I totally agree with your assessment.

Also remember there are some things that you won't agree with with every candidate. I am picking the one more closely related to the things I beleive. Although he is against abortion (RP) I am for it. But I still don't get how a party that want less government involvement always wants to get into our pants and decide what we can/cannot do with a fetus?
That still has me guessing. There's always the good and the bad, but in the most important parts of politics where it involves the economy, RP fits what I beleive, also he'd probably never be able to end abortion anyway, none of them even bother trying so I am not scared. LOL. Though what he's trying to take on is probably even harder to get accomplished then the abortion issue. However I see he's got priorities in order and I like that.

link   
Anyone that votes for that duo is insane.

Four more years of Obama and Napolitano? Hell no. You'll have TSA agents on every street corner.

Bush was bad at pissing on American's civil liberties, but Obama is doing everything he can to best old GWB in that department.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Biden is by far the dumbest VP in the history of the USA. Him and his hair plugs have got to go. I feel like this whole current administration has really ended up being so lackluster and disappointing for the democrats. Its sad really, when you think back to how emotionally charged, and excited the natiob was when we first got the "Hope" and " Change"

More like "Nope" and "Lame"

Recently, Hillary was shown on a Poll as one of the most respected and influential women in the world. Although I cant agree with that, I feel like at this point my dog would be a better elected officlal than Obama.

Hillary needs to stop it with those horrendous pant suites.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   

The debt ceiling has been raised 74 times since 1964...it isn't something that only Obama has done.

I don't get this argument...it is a function of congress...it has no meaning. If you don't raise the debt ceiling...you can't make payments on your existing debt and you don't get a downgrade in credt...you lose your credit.

If Ron Paul becomes president and doesn't raise the debt ceiling...we fail as a nation...again...third world country overnight...and tons of federal employees (including soldiers), SS recipients, and medicare recipients go without benefits.

Obama didn't bail out any banks...he passed the stimulus and he did save thousands of jobs by rescuing GM. That wasn't a bailout as much as it was a takeover...and it was necessary.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join