It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China Reveals its Space Plans up to 2016: (courtesy of Bill Clinton)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk
It's nice to see another country try to take over where America failed...

America failed? Of course when you say 'America', you mean the United States do you not?

The United States failed in space? The United States is the only nation that sent man to the moon on 9 different occasions and landing on the moon on 6 of them...OVER 40 YEARS AGO!

The United States sent probes that are on the verge of entering intergalactic space.

The ISS would've never came into fruition if the Uited States hadn't footed a large portion of the expenses.

Maybe we should pull back and quit baby-sitting the entire planet...until someone comes crying for our help again.
edit on 31/12/11 by Intelearthling because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Intelearthling

Why don't you be good boy / girl, and go back over the thread and read it properly, you may just find out why I used the term "failed".

I'm not explaining my reasons again when I have already wrote why.

I'll break it down, the rest is up to you.

Did the US give us some remarkable breakthroughs, especially Hubble, yes.

Did they also fail to give us a safe and reliable method of getting into space, yes.

Did they become impatient and forgot about safety resulting in the deaths of a number of astronauts, yes.

As I have said, hopefully the Chinese can take the US failures and improve them.

Happy new year.

edit on 31/12/11 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Good for them. Only thing I see with this is that now that China is rapidly growing, everyone's need to compete for fossil fuels is also rapidly growing.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I love America and I am extremely proud of our achievements in space...that being said:

The United States and Russia do not own space. The rocket isn't a top secret technology. The Indians, the Iranians, the Brazilians, the Israelis-all currently have launch capabilities. Did they 'steal' the science behind space travel?

China has the money, the gumption, and less bureaucratic red tape. They want to recreate the last 50 years of the space race-go for it!

If anyone wants a history lesson, let me know

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by NuminousCosmos
Did they 'steal' the science behind space travel?

Technically the US stole it from the Germans, "OI Mr Nazi scientist, it's the chair for your war crimes, or the lab, take your pick"
edit on 31/12/11 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

True, we did steal the cream-of-the-crop of Nazi evil scientists...Dr. Von Braun and his slave labor workshops.

Dr. Goddard did of course build the first liquid fueled, gyroscopically stabilized rocket...which the American government ignored and in many cases ridiculed.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by NuminousCosmos

Your post probably added to my failure list, lol. well pointed out. Dr. Goddard 1 0 NASA

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join