It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China Reveals its Space Plans up to 2016: (courtesy of Bill Clinton)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

BEIJING — China plans to launch space labs and manned ships and prepare to build space stations over the next five years, according to a plan released Thursday that shows the country's space program is gathering momentum.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6d35987550e9.png[/atsimg]

China has already said its eventual goals are to have a space station and put an astronaut on the moon. It has made methodical progress with its ambitious lunar and human spaceflight programs, but its latest five-year plan beginning next year signals an acceleration. By the end of 2016, China will launch space laboratories, manned spaceship and ship freighters, and make technological preparations for the construction of space stations, according to the white paper setting out China's space progress and future missions.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7829acdbfc93.jpg[/atsimg]

In 2003, China became the third country behind the U.S. and Russia to launch a man into space and, five years later, completed a spacewalk. Toward the end of this year, it demonstrated automated docking between its Shenzhou 8 craft and the Tiangong 1 module, which will form part of a future space laboratory. In 2007, it launched its first lunar probe, Chang'e-1, which orbited the moon, collecting data and a complete map of the moon. Since 2006, China's Long March rockets have successfully launched 67 times, sending 79 spacecraft into orbit.

Source: www.newsmaxworld.com...

Bla bla bla... good for them... Now, here is where former POTUS William Jefferson Clinton gets the credit..blame for helping the Chinese Space/Rocket program get off the ground.....

Back when Clinton first became POTUS, foreign technology sales had to be approved by the US State Department.

January 7, 1994: Ron Brown wrote a briefing document for Bernard Schwartz titled "Background Information." The document states among other things "Last August (1993), the U.S. imposed sanctions on China for an M-11 missile-related transfer to Pakistan. On January 7, 1994 it was decided that although communications satellites licensed by the State Department are covered by the sanctions law, export licenses for communications satellites licensed by the Department of Commerce may be approved. Two such export licenses for communications satellites were recently approved by the Department of Commerce."

WorldNetDaily 6/1/99 Charles Smith The JL-2 explains why the Chinese were so interested in American space contractor, Hughes, upgrading PLA rockets with "nose-cone" or "shroud" technology. The Cox report details Chinese Lt. Gen. Shen Rougjun and his penetration of Hughes through his son, Shen Jun. In May 1994, Shen, was second in command at COSTIND -- the Chinese Commission for Science, Technology and Industry for National Defense. Shen served underneath the PLA spy-master, Gen. Ding Henggao. In 1994, COSTIND Gen. Shen attended several business meetings with Hughes. During a 1994 visit, Shen's son, Shen Jun, attended a business lunch with his father and Frank Taormina of Hughes. Taormina later assisted Shen Jun in obtaining a job at Hughes. The Cox report details "son" Shen played a significant role in the interaction between his PLA general-father and the highest of Hughes executives, including CEO Michael Armstrong. In 1994, Hughes executives were scrambling to avoid a major expense. Hughes helped PLA engineers after the failure of a PLA Long March rocket carrying a Hughes-built satellite. Hughes, anxious not to see a hike in their satellite insurance rates, eagerly pinned the failure on the PLA nose-cone "shroud" design and not on their satellite. The help included Hughes proprietary software for nose-cone design and analysis derived from years of ballistic missile tests in America. Although, Shen Jun was hired at Hughes in August of 1994, according to the Cox report, "a division of Space Systems/Loral was also considering hiring Shen for a position that would have allowed him access to classified information." In August 1994, Lt. Gen. Shen also met and consummated a series of satellite deals with Bernard Schwartz, the CEO of Loral. The Beijing meeting was arranged by President Clinton and included Commerce Secretary Ron Brown. The technology obtained from Loral is also detailed by the Cox report, including rocket guidance and encrypted satellite telemetry systems...."

".The United States has helped to build the Chinese military space telecommunications network, a system that is so sophisticated that it can be used without interception. In 1994 President Clinton boasted that building a mobile cellular-phone network with American technology for the Chinese people was good economic policy. That was White House spin, say critics, and it has come undone. According to recently released Commerce Department records, the White House knew for some time that this state-of-the-art system was to be hand-delivered to the People's Liberation Army, which had become partners in a massive telecommunication business enterprise with China Telecom, a government- controlled company. . . . Clinton initially painted it as a humanitarian deal. A cellular-phone system for China not only could save lives in emergency situations, improving communications during floods or other natural disasters, it would be an economic boon for U.S. corporations that want a piece of this billion-dollar venture. Not surprisingly, a host of U.S. companies led by Loral Space & Communications jumped on board. Beijing then tapped the U.S. bond market to finance the deal, never telling individual investors that their retirement savings would be used to fund the project. After all, under current law such disclosure is not required. . . . . The PLA was involved in the deal through China Telecom, says Eric Harwit, associate professor of Asian studies at the University of Hawaii, who is working on a book about the Chinese telecommunications industry. "The PLA had frequencies they didn't need for military purposes, so they decided to use it for commercial purposes and do the joint venture." . .

And, so it goes on from there... How the deals were all for money and how China got it to the Clintons/DNC, Ron Browns death/murder etc-------a bit before some of our members and readers times-I know but... the rest of this story can be found here:
Source: www.alamo-girl.com...

So anyway, thanks to the efforts of Mr. Clinton and his "Humanitarian Aide Packages".... the Chinese got the top rated gyro-guidance and control technology it needed. They then reversed engineered it to fit their needs and put it to work on the Space and Military applications that became evident.

In other words.... Clinton and the Democratic Party sold out the US back then... and they are still covering it up to this day...
And, when you are all done getting into that part and wondering if Clinton could be so cold and whatnot.. watch this one:
Clinton leaving Ron Brown funeral

edit on 12/29/2011 by anon72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Things are changing fast. China will soon out perform the west with technology. They will take what we have copy it and take it further....

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I blame Nixon. He started all this be nice to China crap. Slick Willy just continued what Nixon started.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
america can't even get into space. if that doesn't sum how broke america is, nothing will.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

I fail to see your point.

I don't recall space being the exclusive domain of the United States.

China has as much right to develop a space program as any other nation.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Your upset because they are doing what we did 50 years ago?

Do we have a monopoly on space travel?

Did they use the Star Trek insignia for their space program symbol?

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

There is no longer a need for manned space flights, for the time being. The program is now focusing on charting deeper space territory.
And letting the private sector take over the fun flights.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
So...America is the only country "allowed" to go into space?

What are you getting at here?

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
It's nice to see another country try to take over where America failed, and Russia is struggling.

Someone needs to get man further into space. If the Chinese can do it, I salute them (and Bill Clinton for keeping the dream alive).

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

I agree, does it matter who does it? The sooner we get up there the better.

I hope I'm still alive when it comes to us normal people being allowed to go up there

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Sick to death of reading posts that, in a nutshell, America has dominion over EVERYTHING.
Bull $&!t.
If another nation wants to go into space, let them, nothing to do with the US.
If another nation wants cheese in a can, let them.
America and unfortunately alot of Americans on this site act like spoilt brats and hate to see others making achievements of their own.
Grow up, you are certainly not the centre of the universe.
Before I get attacked, I have many many American friends and have spent alot of time in various parts of the US.
I have not met an American yet who has the attitude of some of the guys on here.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
lol there is no need to hate on china , nor bill for getting up to space.

There is ALOT of space up there we can share :p

You know a ship is sinking when it hurts some members to read about some other countries advancements

Suck it up ! and be happy that were doing space exploration as a world , not by country basis. Silly superficial nationalists

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
It should be the ultimate goal of all humanity to build as many space stations as possible. Looks like China finally gets it. I think it's wonderful news.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Finally! Somebody's going back to the Moon!

The Moon ffs!

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I'm all for this, and many other people should be too, especially here on ATS.

I have read so many threads about disclosure and ETs, I think the more people we have exploring space, the more chances we have to see something that the US Gov. would never show us.

It's sad that we havn't met our neighbors yet, but that day will come soon, I hope.

Peace

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I think I'll move to China...maybe I can get the job of
"monitoring space debris and small near-Earth celestial bodies and build a system to protect spacecraft from debris." - www.msnbc.msn.com...
Thats what China says their gonna do
How cool would that be...I'm thinking non-tactical lazers (right..yes I know what I'm saying) to destroy space debri and asteroids...of course they would never be used against another countries satelites or space vehicles. These are peaceful tools...not weapons...besides someone has to clean up space, its a junkyard up there these days.
I want that job.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcouncil=wisdom

I have to say that China will most likely be the place to get good employment in the Space sector.

He who has the money... wins..-for now.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Wow. The hypocrisy. Simply AMAZING! The Chinese did not develop these advancements. They stole them and were inexplicably given them. Do you really believe the Chinese are doing this for posterity? The same people on ATS that insult and abase this country as an Imperialist Empire, and refer to Americans that happen love their country, it's accomplishments, and its security, as " Silly superficial nationalists," are in the same breath touting the 'successes' of an Imperialist Empire who's military leaders are aligned with a stated desire to "demolish" the U.S. This should get you started...

Chi Haotian

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by anon72
reply to post by Xcouncil=wisdom

I have to say that China will most likely be the place to get good employment in the Space sector.

He who has the money... wins..-for now.

This is the point for the next economic future.

At this time we are like Europe before the discovery of the America.

The Super Powers of the XV sec. bet on The new frontier. So we must do the same.
Space is the next frontier, for the Good ones and Bad ones.....

Who rule the moon rule the world.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

Failed at what?

The pedestrian SE crowd is once again cluttering up the forum with tangent bias and irrationalities.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join