It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ben Breedlove Passed Away Christmas Day, But Not Before Sharing His NDE With The World

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
My father was a hard man, 2 tours of Vietnam with boots on the ground in the jungle.

He had 2 heart attacks, open heart surgery when he was a bit younger, 1 working lung, diabetes and god knows what else not, probably from the freaking agent orange or something....

About 5 years before his death, he experienced an NDE in his walk in wardrobe when he blacked out from respiratory problems, saying that there was a very bright light and a voice telling him its alright and not to be afraid. He then remembers our family Rottweiler licking his face which in turn bought him back and he made his way to the hospital..., hard man, but it changed him.

When he finally kicked the bucket he said he isn't afraid to pass over to the "other side" that he saw.
edit on 30-12-2011 by Sypher209 because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-12-2011 by Sypher209 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by FAQAmerica
Hahaha... people will believe anything to make themselves feel better about what happens after your dead.

Your wormfood, it's hard to get angry at people who believe this crap though as its understandable to be scared.

And for the people having a go at science for not endorsing this nonsense, grow up, it's funny how you pick and choose which hearsay bollocks with no solid evidence that you want to believe and blame science for not following.

Dude, death is undoubtedly frightening when you don't know. It's kind of like believing in UFOs or God, faith without proof. Once you have an experience true to the soul, there is no more doubt or fear (depending on your perspective). Either way, you KNOW there is life after death. It's not a comfort zone or anything like that, it's just like knowing 2+2=4. The knowing is that strong. Now I'm not saying everybody is like me, I'm sure there are others who have that comfort zone you speak of. And honestly speaking, when I was younger I was in that comfort zone, but not anymore.

I've had an experience many times. You can't tell me anything and I'm sure other people feel the same way.
edit on 30-12-2011 by Mizzijr because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightbringr
*** THERE IS NO PROOF '___' IS PRODUCED IN ANY QUANTITY OF SIGNIFICANCE IN THE BODY ***

Originally posted by Mizzijr
'___' is greatly connected with lucid dreaming, OBEs, and NDEs. The difference between the 3 is how much '___' is released from the pineal gland. '___' is released in profound abundance during NDEs and OBEs.

NO IT IS NOT! '___' HAS NOT BEEN PROVEN TO BE PRODUCED IN ANY QUANTITY LARGE ENOUGH IN THE BODY TO EFFECT THE BRAIN!

Please stop spreading misinformation!

Dr Rick Strassman, the foremost worlds authority on all things '___', and author of "The Spirit Molecule", has bebunked this himself time and time again. The sad thing is, people CREDIT him for these false statements.

And i quote:

Originally quoted by Dr Rick Strassman
Addendum by Rick Strassman
"I did my best in the '___' book to differentiate between what is known, and what I was conjecturing about (based upon what is known), regarding certain aspects of '___' dynamics. However, it's amazing how ineffective my efforts seem to have been. So many people write me, or write elsewhere, about '___', and the pineal, assuming that the things I conjecture about are true. When I was writing the book, I thought I was clear enough, and repeating myself would have gotten tedious.

"We don't know whether '___' is made in the pineal. I muster a lot of circumstantial evidence supporting a reason to look long and hard at the pineal, but we do not yet know. There are data suggesting urinary '___' rises in psychotic patients when their psychosis is worse. However, we don't know whether '___' rises during dreams, meditation, near-death, death, birth or any other endogenous altered state. To the extent those states resemble those brought on by giving '___', it certainly makes one wonder if endogenous '___' might be involved, and if it were, it would explain a lot. But we don't know yet. Even if the pineal weren't involved, that would have little overall effect on my theories regarding a role for '___' in endogenous altered states, because we do know that the gene involved in '___' synthesis is present in many organs, particularly lung. If the pineal made '___', it would tie up a lot of loose ends regarding this enigmatic little organ. But people seem to live pretty normals lives without a pineal gland; for example, when it has had to be removed because of a tumor.

"In both these regards--the pineal-'___' connection, and endogenous '___' dynamics--we ought to know a lot more within the next several years due to the efforts of a research group being led by Steven Barker at Louisiana State University. He, with his grad student Ethan McIlhenny, are developing a new super-assay for '___', 5-MeO-'___', bufotenine, and metabolites. This assay will be capable of detecting those compounds much more sensitively than previous generations of assays. They're looking at endogenous levels in awake sober normals, to assess baseline values of these compounds. We should have some data from those samples within a year. They also will be looking at pineal tissue. Once we have some baseline data in normal humans in normal waking consciousness, comparisons can be made between those levels and levels in endogenous altered states, like dreams, near-death, and so on."

So there we have it. Stop the misinfo PLEASE!

www.erowid.org...

DENY IGNORANCE, PEOPLE!
edit on 30-12-2011 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

Ok then, what is your explanation of these experiences. Help us understand. If that isn't the reason then what is the reason?

You say there is no proof. Well no duh, cause when somebody is traumatized on the brink of dying, the medics are too busy trying to save the patients life. They don't care about '___' levels. So where is the proof of no proof? Find a traumatized person and check their '___' levels, it is a challenge. Nobody can check like that sir. It is only an assumption by many due to what happens when we are dreaming. Many feel as though that it is released exponentially.

Don't talk as if you know the unknown more than everybody else.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by JanJamboree

Just another case of ego here. You don't like it, yet you keep viewing it. Because secretly you like putting others down.

All NDE'S are usually similar. It is assimilation back to the source energy. You stare at a big torus, you walk/float into it, and the cycle repeats itself.

Unless, that is, you are in denial that you exist after death. The basic scientific principle of energy is that it never dies, it just changes form

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by AuranVector

I've never had the "white room" experience, but I know someone else who experienced something like it. He was a meditation teacher who had spent decades exploring the metaphysical.

In yoga one can reach a stage where one can see the entire phenomenal world dissolve into an endless field of White Light. This is not in the dream state however. It's in the waking state.

I was told the "endless field of White Light" is what is really here behind the appearance of separate objects.

Your mentioning a "thick, gray cloud" just reminded me of a dream I had last night (no kidding). In this dream, I felt that I must tell someone that I love him before it's too late -- before he dies. I looked outside the house and noticed a low-lying, unusually thick, dense gray cloud. It did not look right. It looked like an almost solid mass. I felt uneasy and sad -- then I remembered that he was already dead and it was too late.

I meditate but it's totally free form. I have never learned a method, nor have I wanted to. It's all come to me so easily that there's been no need. But I don't understand what you mean by "the appearance of separate objects." Is that to say that I had crossed out of this 3D reality into another place or what? When I meditate, I never direct it. I just go. Today, New Year's Eve, is usually spent in a particularly deep and long meditation. This year will be extraordinary because I will have a few hours entirely to myself at home. That's almost unheard of on any day of the year!

My gray cloud event was during the birth of my first daughter. The umbilical cord was wrapped around her neck three times so I had to "stop pushing" (or so they ordered me to do) once her head was out. The placenta was being ripped off the uterine wall and she was being strangled and they were shouting at me to halt my involuntary contractions. Well, that was all a bit much to bear with no medication whatsoever, so I just left up there to my little cloud. I was there about 10 minutes and thought that maybe I should get back and see what's going on. My now ex-husband said I had a nap. Yep, a nap. Perfect time for it, really. Almost stoic of me, don't you think? lol My daughter was born quite a lovely shade of blue. She has suffered dysphasia and still has a good bit of trouble with languages. And she is clairvoyant as well as being quite beautiful. Sometimes it takes a lot to land on this dear Earth of ours.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Sometimes I believe that we are better off just staying away from doctors for certain things. His heart condition was complicated after the addition of the pacemaker, and also after the tonsillectomy. This story really touched my heart and gave me a wonderful insight to unconsciousness and medical response. What a sad, sad story though. I feel like I want to have met that young man named Ben. It's almost like he knew he was going to die considering the time the video was posted (12/18) and the time he died, what was it, like one week later after he made the video that he died on Christmas day? Truly bizarre and an incredible story that I will never forget.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I think that the fact Kid Cudi was there confirms this was a just a dying man's dream. You ever notice it's always the grandparent, parents, or in this case a rapper that greets them in the afterlife? Why is it never "I didn't know who he was, but he said his name was Michael (or Gabriel)".

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by hoonsince89
reply to post by nightbringr

Did you break through, I say it separated my spirit from my body because it did. I watched my body slowly fade away as i rose up and up, past the heavens and landed in another world with no body, free to move around. I had a consciousness and i could see although i had no eyes and no form. I met other beings who also had no form who spoke with telepathy and vibrations.
When i was here, i thought i had killed myself, my body was gone, not even in the same dimension.
Usually on other substances i can bring myself back into my body at will or at least no where it is or see it.
But here, it didn't exist.
And i assure you this was not just in my mind, I can understand if you where to say that, as i know how much things can change inside your head. But i swear, i was no longer on earth.

I can understand why you thought that. I have felt such things while under the influence. Let me assure you though, it is simply a hallucination.

Simply because you believed it to be true is no more different than an insane man thinking he hears voices. He too is completely convinced they are real, yet we both know they are not.

Again I ask you this. You saw your body, the universe and beyond. So have I on trips. But have you also seen heaven and hell like I have? If you did, would you also assume your spirit was really there so it must be true?

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Ok then, what is your explanation of these experiences. Help us understand. If that isn't the reason then what is the reason?

This is your quote exactly:

'___' is greatly connected with lucid dreaming, OBEs, and NDEs. The difference between the 3 is how much '___' is released from the pineal gland. '___' is released in profound abundance during NDEs and OBEs.

You stated this as a fact, when in fact it is not. I simply wanted correct your erroneous statement. No one knows if '___' is produced in the pineal, or if it causes NDEs.

Unlike you, i dont pretend to know the reason. I suspect as a popular study shows, its due to a very high level of CO2 being in the blood, as this study shows.
news.nationalgeographic.com...

You say there is no proof. Well no duh, cause when somebody is traumatized on the brink of dying, the medics are too busy trying to save the patients life. They don't care about '___' levels. So where is the proof of no proof? Find a traumatized person and check their '___' levels, it is a challenge. Nobody can check like that sir.

Agreed. In which case i have no idea why you make up a story about '___' being in their system at death. If they cant check for it, where did you ever get such an idea from? Why '___'? Such a bizzare idea.

It is only an assumption by many due to what happens when we are dreaming. Many feel as though that it is released exponentially.

Thank you for using the word "assumption". Since that is all it is.

Don't talk as if you know the unknown more than everybody else.

That certainly is the pot calling the kettle black! I simply wanted to point out that there was no proof whatsoever of '___' causing NDEs.
edit on 31-12-2011 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Adyta
I think that the fact Kid Cudi was there confirms this was a just a dying man's dream. You ever notice it's always the grandparent, parents, or in this case a rapper that greets them in the afterlife? Why is it never "I didn't know who he was, but he said his name was Michael (or Gabriel)".

This is a very good point.

If we are to assume that he was really there in spirit, why would he have been greeted by someone who is still alive?

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Adyta

Just a dying man's dream? I had one of these white room "dreams" and my grandmother (deceased at that time some two or three years) came to me. I wanted to hug her, I missed her so much. She just looked at me and showed me a sort of linen cabinet - the only thing in the room besides us. She opened the top doors and said "They don't open this way," then she opened them inward, so the hinges were set on the center of where the doors met rather than on the outside, as we normally do here, and she continued "they open this way." I never understood it until just recently. Very cryptic and very profound. At that point in my life, I was all about rational things. Science and rational thinking was all I understood. Now it's a foreign language.

Another dream I had in the famous white room was how I discovered that I'm a healer. Very profound, that one. Curious then though because I was still unaware that I am a healer at that point, though I had always wanted to work in Medicine.

It's not just a dying man's dream. It's a lot more than just anything. There's no "just" about it.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicEgg
It's not just a dying man's dream. It's a lot more than just anything. There's no "just" about it.

Well we cant claim it was "real" unless you want to believe that Kid Cudi can astrally project and went to meet him in heaven.

So what is it then, something in between?

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Adyta

This is a very good point.

If we are to assume that he was really there in spirit, why would he have been greeted by someone who is still alive?

Kid Cudo had already passed away. And sang a song that was angelic in origin, his favorite song. One of the light workers.

NDE's include your Family and Friends. King Cudo was his Friend.

The song about having wings.

Light as a feather, overcome the gravity of guilt.
edit on 31-12-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Well we cant claim it was "real" unless you want to believe that Kid Cudi can astrally project and went to meet him in heaven.

So what is it then, something in between?

I know it was real, but your belief system is in your hands.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
For Ben Breedlove's sake I would hope what he reported witnessing was real in some sense. His report of seeing somebody who was still alive brings more doubt into that, but I can't claim to know how an afterlife would work if it exists at all.

If what he was reporting on was something that was actually happening in some fashion then I can only guess he saw an apparition taking the form of somebody he was familiar with to put him at ease in an unfamiliar setting. Not the actual still-living person.
edit on 31-12-2011 by Frith because:

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by FAQAmerica

Your wormfood, it's hard to get angry at people who believe this crap though as its understandable to be scared.

Isn't it just as comforting from the atheistic position to imagine that upon death there's nothing? And because nothing else exists therefore all pain, anguish, and responsibility ceases. So in a way, in the atheistic scenario, isn't the same underlying emotional motivator at play as the one that's being used to slander theists? The orthodox atheist wants his position to be true because the idea of having to go on-and-on, in what's perceived to be something of a crapshoot, is now advocated not because it's more logical but because of an emotional investment in a particular outcome due to as you put it, "[because] people will believe anything to make themselves feel better about what happens after your dead." The only difference is the atheistic mindset wants everything to come to a close and to finally have an end. Whereas the theistic mindset desires continuity. In my opinion both groups are advocating beliefs. Each group has a rather inconclusive series of facts to support their argument.

A really simple way to prove this to yourself, about how little we know about the nature of consciousness (and how this might relate to its permanence) is to ask, "How can the human brain in a dream construct extremely detailed environments in real-time of places and locations a person has never seen before?" Spend a day as an animator, a 3d modeler, or as a game developer and you'll quickly realize something perplexing and unknown is going on in the mind. The ability to generate that amount of detail and information in real-time is not only anomalous but bizarre. Imagination isn't enough to explain such a thing because in a sufficiently detailed dream all 5 senses are fully engaged, no different than when a person is awake. Try closing your eyes and using your imagination to feel the heat from the sun, feel the touch of a rocky surface, and then draw in mountains and people hiking. Using your imagination you'll only get the vaguest picture of what such an environment might look and feel like. In a lucid dream it's all there as if it actually exists. Modern human understanding is pathetically inadequate to account for these sorts of oddities.
edit on 31-12-2011 by Xtraeme because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   

I meditate but it's totally free form. I have never learned a method, nor have I wanted to. It's all come to me so easily that there's been no need. But I don't understand what you mean by "the appearance of separate objects." Is that to say that I had crossed out of this 3D reality into another place or what? When I meditate, I never direct it. I just go. Today, New Year's Eve, is usually spent in a particularly deep and long meditation. This year will be extraordinary because I will have a few hours entirely to myself at home. That's almost unheard of on any day of the year!

I've used different meditation techniques over the years. Some just sit and watch their breath, etc.

What I mean by "the appearance of separate objects" -- is just that. It's an appearance or mirage. What is real is the endless White Light. There is only One Being (Endless Light) in the universe and it became everything here. We appear to be separate beings communicating thru electronic hardware, but this is more illusion than anything else. When we remember who we really are, we are the One. God alone is eternal and became the universe to play with itself. It's so easy to forget this, to become embroiled in the Cosmic Melodrama -- the eternal play of Light and Darkness. Are you groking this?

My gray cloud event was during the birth of my first daughter. The umbilical cord was wrapped around her neck three times so I had to "stop pushing" (or so they ordered me to do) once her head was out. The placenta was being ripped off the uterine wall and she was being strangled and they were shouting at me to halt my involuntary contractions. Well, that was all a bit much to bear with no medication whatsoever, so I just left up there to my little cloud. I was there about 10 minutes and thought that maybe I should get back and see what's going on. My now ex-husband said I had a nap. Yep, a nap. Perfect time for it, really. Almost stoic of me, don't you think? lol My daughter was born quite a lovely shade of blue. She has suffered dysphasia and still has a good bit of trouble with languages. And she is clairvoyant as well as being quite beautiful. Sometimes it takes a lot to land on this dear Earth of ours.

You gave birth without pain killers? Brave girl. Dysphasia -- I can understand that. I did not speak until I was four years old -- my mother thought I was mentally retarded (I can't remember the politically correct term used for "mental retardation" that is used today).

I strongly suspect most children are clairvoyant to some degree -- of course, some more than others. I have a clear memory from age 3 of seeing "beings of light." That a clairvoyant child would be born to you (a healer too) is not surprising.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicEgg

You lost all credibility when you claimed that you are a "healer". If you can heal people as you say, go to your local hospital and heal the entire cancer ward.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by AuranVector

Grokked in full.

And yes, the first two were done without any anesthesia, the third time I decided to not suffer quite so much, particularly as it is to a great extent unnecessary. They have us give birth in such awkward positions that it complicated things beyond all reason.

My daughter is now 21 and still fully clairvoyant. She is part of the reason I awakened to the fact that there is more to life here than we acknowledge. More by leagues.

I recently had another of those "white room" dreams/visions (since it's a waking thing) where I saw two more children I was meant to have - or so I assume. One was a daughter, maybe 4 or 5 years old and the other was a son who was maybe 3 and talked incessantly but was just so amazingly lovely that my heart broke that they aren't here with us.

Incidentally, I never told anyone about the dream but my youngest daughter, who is 16, said a couple of days later that she has felt lately an acute presence/absence of someone missing from our home. She couldn't explain it. I did. Their absence was not my doing. Their father was unwilling to have more children. It took five years to convince him to have the last one. His contracts were not honored and he will be reminded of this lapse later on, I'm sure.

There is just so very much that we don't acknowledge. Our lives will be much easier when we finally do see the signs and heed them again. We're so blind as it is and we simply blind ourselves further by demanding rational thinking and scientific method. It precluded too much. True knowledge will never be found that way.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
it only took 109 flags for the crazy to come out.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join