Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Ben Breedlove Passed Away Christmas Day, But Not Before Sharing His NDE With The World

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   
I had no idea there was such a distinct difference between a '___' session and an NDE! Thank you all for sharing what you know. This is the type of data that we need to be collecting if we are to understand our blip of life in the eternal nature of the cosmos. As a psych grad I can tell you noone really understands the brain and there is more evidence suggesting our brains are receptors like radios that tune into a universal energy. I personally believe our physical bodies are the manifestations of our spiritual reality. We are the imaginings of ourselves. We have all power and knowledge within, it is up to us to tune into the higher frequencies.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by FAQAmerica
Hahaha... people will believe anything to make themselves feel better about what happens after your dead.

Your wormfood, it's hard to get angry at people who believe this crap though as its understandable to be scared.

And for the people having a go at science for not endorsing this nonsense, grow up, it's funny how you pick and choose which hearsay bollocks with no solid evidence that you want to believe and blame science for not following.

get you, yours is nothing more than a belief, maybe one day your arrogance will temper and you will realise this

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by JanJamboree
'___' hallucinations provoked by physical distress. Next...

Except even Dr Rick Strassman, the worlds leading authority on all things '___' has even debunked this ridiculous theory.

There is NO proof '___' is produced in sufficient quantity in the body to cause hallucinations. Care to challenge me on this?

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by FAQAmerica

Originally posted by FAQAmerica
Hahaha... people will believe anything to make themselves feel better about what happens after your dead.

Your wormfood, it's hard to get angry at people who believe this crap though as its understandable to be scared.

And for the people having a go at science for not endorsing this nonsense, grow up, it's funny how you pick and choose which hearsay bollocks with no solid evidence that you want to believe and blame science for not following.

The Scientific Proof Of Survival After Death

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by BIGPoJo

There is pleny evidence it involves chemicals and none to support spiritual. Its been proven that spiritual experiences involve brain chemistry. Saying there is spirit is no different than declaring its all a computer program.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
The only problem I have with NDE's is that they can now be reproduced in a lab using magnets stimulating/targeting a certain part of the brain. Even though this is accepted as fact in the medical fields, many sheeple would believe this video

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Asking a nurse for help is science. Belief in angels is fantasy. When my health is on the line, I'll go with science. You can try and pray away your thyroid condition, but I'll take hormone supplementation.

And to the person who called me a jerk, why make it personal? I didn't say anything about the character of the young man. I'm sure he was a brave and loving individual.

Because you dismissed this on a bold claim, the hubris is amusing.

A Nurses approach is holistic care. Spiritual, Physical, Cognitive, etc. etc. We work on the person as a whole. I say we because I hold a BSN (Bachelor's of Science: Nursing). I started as a CNA (Aide), became an LPN (Practical Nurse). I've seen things that can't be simply explained, I've seen miracles. I've seen people with Pancreatic Cancer survive for 10+ years (Mind you, it has a 1 year Survival rate of 20% while the 4 year survival rate is 5%). I've seen people on what would be their death beds, I've seen people find religion and "get that second chance" being snatched back from the brink of death. The greatest thing I've seen so far, is a man who was thought to be paralyzed, walk again, to hug his wife..and I'll tell you now, it wasn't Science that did it for these people as the Cancer patient was on a Hospice program. Hospice is a form of palliative care, care for comfort only, to treat the symptoms and not the illness.

Regardless, you keep on living in your petty bubble, do whatever the hell makes you happy, but do us a favor and keep your bull# to yourself and let us have these little victories that help get us through each day with a bit of hope because you haven't seen the horrors I've witnessed, from crack addicted babies to innocent people dying, with so much more in between.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by THEDUDE86

Can veridical NDE's be reproduced in a lab bij stimulating/targeting a part of the brain??

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

There is plenty of evidence it involves something other than the physical.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing OP.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by TheBandit795

This is why I love ATS, Thanks Bandit I'll be reading up on this information.

Looks like I will need some time to digest it too.

Not many topics on the net get a bookmark from me, but this sure looks like it will be one of them.

edit on 30-12-2011 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by JanJamboree

'___' isn't even proven to be produced in the pineal gland. There isn't a scientific explanation for everything, in fact science can answer MAYBE 10% of what is going on with everything. That is a very generous estimate. Spirituality definitely exists, and can be seen in examples right in us, such as the power of our mind to know things which are in fact impossible to know based on our experiences, i.e. psychic experiences.

Open your mind and your eyes shall see.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by JanJamboree

Please come back and post once you have done more research. Thank you.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
*** THERE IS NO PROOF '___' IS PRODUCED IN ANY QUANTITY OF SIGNIFICANCE IN THE BODY ***

Originally posted by Mizzijr
'___' is greatly connected with lucid dreaming, OBEs, and NDEs. The difference between the 3 is how much '___' is released from the pineal gland. '___' is released in profound abundance during NDEs and OBEs.

NO IT IS NOT! '___' HAS NOT BEEN PROVEN TO BE PRODUCED IN ANY QUANTITY LARGE ENOUGH IN THE BODY TO EFFECT THE BRAIN!

Please stop spreading misinformation!

Dr Rick Strassman, the foremost worlds authority on all things '___', and author of "The Spirit Molecule", has bebunked this himself time and time again. The sad thing is, people CREDIT him for these false statements.

And i quote:

Originally quoted by Dr Rick Strassman
Addendum by Rick Strassman
"I did my best in the '___' book to differentiate between what is known, and what I was conjecturing about (based upon what is known), regarding certain aspects of '___' dynamics. However, it's amazing how ineffective my efforts seem to have been. So many people write me, or write elsewhere, about '___', and the pineal, assuming that the things I conjecture about are true. When I was writing the book, I thought I was clear enough, and repeating myself would have gotten tedious.

"We don't know whether '___' is made in the pineal. I muster a lot of circumstantial evidence supporting a reason to look long and hard at the pineal, but we do not yet know. There are data suggesting urinary '___' rises in psychotic patients when their psychosis is worse. However, we don't know whether '___' rises during dreams, meditation, near-death, death, birth or any other endogenous altered state. To the extent those states resemble those brought on by giving '___', it certainly makes one wonder if endogenous '___' might be involved, and if it were, it would explain a lot. But we don't know yet. Even if the pineal weren't involved, that would have little overall effect on my theories regarding a role for '___' in endogenous altered states, because we do know that the gene involved in '___' synthesis is present in many organs, particularly lung. If the pineal made '___', it would tie up a lot of loose ends regarding this enigmatic little organ. But people seem to live pretty normals lives without a pineal gland; for example, when it has had to be removed because of a tumor.

"In both these regards--the pineal-'___' connection, and endogenous '___' dynamics--we ought to know a lot more within the next several years due to the efforts of a research group being led by Steven Barker at Louisiana State University. He, with his grad student Ethan McIlhenny, are developing a new super-assay for '___', 5-MeO-'___', bufotenine, and metabolites. This assay will be capable of detecting those compounds much more sensitively than previous generations of assays. They're looking at endogenous levels in awake sober normals, to assess baseline values of these compounds. We should have some data from those samples within a year. They also will be looking at pineal tissue. Once we have some baseline data in normal humans in normal waking consciousness, comparisons can be made between those levels and levels in endogenous altered states, like dreams, near-death, and so on."

So there we have it. Stop the misinfo PLEASE!

www.erowid.org...

DENY IGNORANCE, PEOPLE!
edit on 30-12-2011 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by TheBandit795

This link: www.cfpf.org.uk...

Its really interesting. It shows the control that a select group have over the majority, how they block real information, and freedom to express and share knowledge, and philosophies, except for the current politically correct model, so that radio shows and media outlets have lists of those they are to not provide air time to.

They don't want people, except for the few who seek, to ever think along these lines.

So anyone who steps out of line of this official statement or contributes evidence to the contrary or opinion/philosophy, is censored (this would apply especially to anyone with some good credentials in their background, they don't mind any fringe group that won't be believed speaking)

1. Paranormal Phenomena Do Not Exist

The mind and the brain are the same. This is the official teaching across all scientific disciplines. The parapsychologist Dr. Susan Blackmore has been given complete freedom of every radio and television programme that is meant to be examining the subject. This is because she is the establishment mouthpiece and can be relied upon to never mention what is revealed in this pamphlet. Dr. Blackmore protects the scientific establishment's adopted stance, which only gives a materialistic model of the universe. Professor J. Wheeler, a top physicist, stated in 1994 that acceptance of survival or paranormal phenomena would destroy the basis of science as taught in our universities.
2. Paranormal Phenomena Do Exist

The mind and the brain are separate. This pamphlet carries on where Crookes, Lodge and Logie Baird left off. This is what we are never allowed to hear on radio and television or read about in scientific magazines and large circulation papers.

"The suppression of uncomfortable ideas may be common in religion and politics, but it is not the path to knowledge, it has no place in the endeavour of science."

Carl Sagan. "Cosmos" 1980

This of course is a violation of what Science is, which is inquiry and should be without any credo.

My uncle was a physicist, and like my father an athiest. Physics brought him to adopting more of Buddhist belief in the end, he no longer could maintain the accident of life. Of course there is an understanding of infinity, that anything accidental, or finite would have passed long ago. If it begins it ends. Infinity, in the eternal now, is endless and infinite in variety.

Of course sharing critical thinking and suggestions of examining deeply any subject, is not something the control group wants to start instructing children with in school. They make a real challenge to seek, for the few.
And censor the rest.

Philosophy and critical thinking, should begin in elementary school, not university.
edit on 30-12-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Thank you for posting this! Very very touching! That beautiful child is in heaven now! How sad though for his family, as I can't even begin to imagine how much they miss him!

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
www.cfpf.org.uk...

THE EXPERIMENTAL PROOF OF SURVIVAL AFTER DEATH

We have had the experimental proof of survival after death ever since Sir William Crookes published the results of his experiments in the leading scientific journal of his day - The Quarterly Journal of Science - in 1874. These were repeatable experiments under laboratory conditions. International teams of scientists then repeated the experiments and obtained the same results. People who had once lived on earth came back and proved to these scientific teams that they had conquered death and were still very much alive. This is what Professor Charles Richet, the French Nobel Laureate for medical science, said about the experiments:

"There is ample proof that experimental materialisations should take definite rank as a scientific fact."

The purpose of this pamphlet is only to bring to peoples' attention these exciting discoveries in subatomic physics. My job is easy, all I have to do is point to the books that have been published, but suppressed. The main reason why this incredible scientific discovery did not cause a revolution at the beginning of this century is because these experiments lacked the backing of any detailed mathematical theory. This is what Sir Oliver Lodge said in 1929:

"We have to be guided by the facts; and if the facts seem incredible as the they do - we have first of all to assure ourselves that they are facts, and then conclude that there is a department of knowledge to which we have as yet not got the key."

At the end of the century we now have the key, the missing mathematical theory to back up these revolutionary, scientific experiments.

The missing mathematical theory to back the repeated laboratory studied conducted internationally, is Quantum Physics.

This article discusses the criteria science uses, repeatable experiements, obtaining the same results and in many people's hands, but it had one missing element that made it true science to some, the mathematical formula to back the outcome/observations/experiential up. They were contacting the deceased who were alive and well.

Quantum Physics, String Theory, Super String Theory, etc has given the necessary math for the multiverse.

Also it did more, for it showed there wasn't really alot of matter here to matter much, more energy waves, that could solidify. The Double Slit experiment is very interesting.

Holograms have creators. In a laboratory (there are advanced forms where they can make them in the sky now, research in Japan and even touchable, solid state holograms, so this is their beginnings, not the limits on this) required several lasers or strong points of light to erect 2d pictures into 3d.

Do we have strong points of light in the universe to do such a thing?

www.sciencedaily.com...
Holographic Universe: Discovery Could Herald New Era In Fundamental Physics

biophysics.50megs.com...
QUANTUM BIOHOLOGRAPHY (dna holography)

This all pertains to the nature of reality itself. We are not our bodies.
edit on 30-12-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Very touching and compelling story, I enjoyed watching the videos. I'm glad he was able to smile.

I hope he is having a lot of fun out there in the cosmos!

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Death, NDE's. Who knows. All I know it could be a humans greatest adventure. But that pales into insignificance when watching this video. I wish I knew this young man and his family so that I could convey how this video moved me. The sorrow felt for his family is immence but his family can only come to terms with this enevitabiliy and be very, very proud of him. If anyone on here knows them please give them my heartfelt condolences.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   

'___' hallucinations provoked by physical distress. Next...

who who created the '___' in the human body? evolution? god?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join