It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ben Breedlove Passed Away Christmas Day, But Not Before Sharing His NDE With The World

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by JanJamboree
'___' hallucinations provoked by physical distress. Next...

I'm not a religious person myself, but I think there is probably more to existence than this material realm.

A couple things I imagine most people with your viewpoint don't consider. What is the evolutionary advantage of a release of '___' upon death? Also, how exactly would that trait be passed on to offspring after said death?

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
what a beautiful video

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
It is NOT '___'.'___' last around 15 minutes.From my own experience,my NDE lasted over a span of 8 hours but was timeless in nature I was in the void/earthbound realm for what seemed was going to be forever unless I had found the error of my ways and change my path...from all of the psychedelics and hallucinogens I have experimented with I can safely say that NONE of them were anywhere close to what I had experienced.I don't know what psychedelics can produce multi-dimensional awareness and experiences...

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I'm really glad this beautiful, young man took the time to share his thoughts with the world in this way. He, who was afraid of death did not want to come back after being in the "white room'. Wow to watch your life in review and know you did it right. That is some kind of wonderful!

I do believe in Angels and God and I will be praying for his family.

What a beautiful smile.

Believers will believe, doubters will doubt and some people will spend alot of time thinking about this and change for the better because of it.
edit on 12/29/2011 by sad_eyed_lady because: s

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by JanJamboree
Belief in angels is fantasy. When my health is on the line, I'll go with science.

Belief in Angels and God is faith, not fantasy. It is an insult to call what a person holds most near and dear a fantasy.

"When my health is on the line, I'll go with science." Yeah, me too.

And when my eternity is on the line I'll go with faith. How about you?".

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Wonderful messages.

Thank you OP for posting this.

This should get 500 flags.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Just wondering how you explain NDEs when a person sees the gods who they grew up believing in, such as Hindus seeing Hindu deities and Christians seeing Christian deities?

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

you still have to be careful though because some people, all they want is something to cover themselves about. Whats good does your experience do for someone else? its best just to point the way and only speak about what is within their living experience

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman

That's an interesting aspect to question..perhaps the Heavens and Hells we create are unique to how our mind chooses to perceive them.Maybe such deities appearing in NDEs are just how the brain interprets the events preceding the NDE.Such NDE accounts I have read some people have seen what they described as Light Beings and I'm presuming some others interpreted the Light Being(s) to be Jesus.However I have not read any NDEs from other countries or with other religious backgrounds although I would be interested.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Very inspiring post, I'm blown away particularly as I was only 2 houses down from where this happened. I was enjoying Christmas dinner with my girlfriend, her aunt/uncle and cousins, when we saw the ambulances and fire trucks all outside his home. It wasn't till the next day we heard what happened, so so sad but what a touching post and intriguing video, thanks so much for sharing!

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBassistant
Very inspiring post, I'm blown away particularly as I was only 2 houses down from where this happened. I was enjoying Christmas dinner with my girlfriend, her aunt/uncle and cousins, when we saw the ambulances and fire trucks all outside his home. It wasn't till the next day we heard what happened, so so sad but what a touching post and intriguing video, thanks so much for sharing!

It's a small world after all. Must seem very strange to read about this on the net when you saw it happen.
I know he will be missed.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
All fluff aside, I am impressed by this kid because he knew he was physically inferior, living on borrowed time and accepted it wholeheartedly. Personally, I would be thankful of the time that I did get here and I am. He knew it was going to happen and I believe he even knew when it would. It shows immense strength in my eyes when somebody knows that they are on the losing end of nature and accepts it. We all can learn from that. Its hard for me to feel bad for this kid when it seems to me like he wanted to die. His family is where I'll put my empathy.

I am all for the weak to be NATURALLY weeded out of this planet instead of inheriting it. The beauty is in the acceptance as nature is beautiful. Not exactly rainbows and unicorns, but I see it.

Oh yeah, just to be clear, I am not a nazi so don't even go there with me again. I understand that my opinion questions some of your preconseived ideas, superstitions, and religions, but you may find bits of the above in each and every one of them.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
earlier in this thread, a poster compared a near death experience to '___'. i had to look up '___'. for those like me who don't know what it is:

from wikipedia:

Dimethyltryptamine ('___')

en.wikipedia.org...

Dimethyltryptamine ('___') is a naturally occurring psychedelic compound of the tryptamine family. '___' is ubiquitously found in plants[3] and also in trace amounts in mammals, including humans, where it may putatively function as a trace amine neurotransmitter[4]. It is originally derived from the essential amino acid tryptophan and ultimately produced by the enzyme INMT during normal metabolism.[5] The natural significance of its widespread presence remains undetermined. Structurally, '___' is analogous to the neurotransmitter serotonin (5-HT), the hormone melatonin, and other psychedelic tryptamines, such as 5-MeO-'___', bufotenin, and psilocin (the active metabolite of psilocybin).

In some cultures '___' is ingested as a psychedelic drug (in either extracted or synthesized forms).[6] When '___' is inhaled or consumed, depending on the dose, its subjective effects can range from short-lived milder psychedelic states to powerful immersive experiences, which include a total loss of connection to conventional reality, which may be so extreme that it becomes ineffable.[7] '___' is also the primary psychoactive in ayahuasca, an Amazonian Amerindian brew employed for divinatory and healing purposes. Pharmacologically, ayahuasca combines '___' with an MAOI, an enzyme inhibitor that allows '___' to be orally active.[8]

-subfab

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
ATS is becoming so evil and dark and full of haters. I'm ashamed at 94% of the posters in this topic.
A brave teen suffered this heart condition, cheated death three or four times, and succumbed right before Christmas. Whatever happened to him, does it REALLY matter who alive here is right or wrong? What ever it was that happened to him, what ever he saw made him not scared to pass on. It gave him reasons to smile and not be scared. It comforted him. It made him feel everything is going to be all right. I don't care if it's NDE or '___' or what; the point is, it took his fear away and made him fine about facing that time.

The OP posted one beautiful message passed from someone who was no doubt braver than most people. One message now from the beyond that should bring us hope, and things to ponder - NOT to argue if A, B or C is correct. NO one knows what the truth is.

Yanno, sometimes you just have to sit there and just... believe. Not put science into stuff, not put imagination into stuff: just believe. Whatever this kid and many others have seen, seems beautiful and calming and amazing to me. If I believe in Heaven, Reincarnation, or Nothing with its eternal blackness, I'd rather just pass on believing that it's going to be all right and I'll feel love. I don't care what causes it: Angels, '___', the Afterlife. I don't care. I just know that enough people have said whatever is going on is euphoric.

No one can claim to have all the answers, but if an idea brings hope and peace and lessens the terror of dying, death and leaving everything behind, what is the harm? Love the kid for sharing that with us, for leaving something behind for his loved ones to watch and get peace and hope from, and let's just leave the whole 'Is it a NDE or '___'' out of it. He saw and felt love.

Love.

That's more than good enough for me.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by sarra1833

I shared my sons NDE too, and he had spent all day on the couch, extremely ill, and collapsed, when he made it to his bed, but within minutes perhaps was 100% well, which was more than enough for me, aside from the fact he is one of the kindest gentlest boys I'd ever have the privilege of meeting. This video tore my heart out for Ben's family, kind of relived what I could have awoken too that day, but at the same time there is a message of hope, trust, faith, knowing in this, and its a real tribute to the person he was, and his wish to share his nde, what he knew.
edit on 29-12-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I don't know anything about NDEs or what he experienced, but all I can say is that as a mom of four boys when I look at him I feel loss and sadness. Yes there is happiness in him, but looking at him he doesn't look much older than my oldest son and I can't even begin to imagine losing one of my boys. It's a terrifying thought and all I can feel is sadness and loss while I watched that. He sort of looked like my second son actually maybe that's why I had that reaction to it.

Either way I hope for his sake that it was indeed the afterlife is exactly as he wanted it to be and I wish for peace for his family during this.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I've seen the story around. Made me think a lot, NDE relation to and of pre cognitive feelings, coincidences and gut feelings, then the regret when they come true and could not be prevented(in the case of trying or recognizing them before hand).

Sympathies for his family, friends and self.
edit on 29-12-2011 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
Let me tell you all something, I don't know if I 'died' or had a near death experience, but what he and many others have said is true. I was there in 2003.
There's this place, so bright, so warm, so filled with love, words can't even begin to express or explain it.

I no longer feel sad when one passes away. Not for them anyway. I feel the loss but I know they are in a place that I can't wait to experience again.

So for what it's worth, do not fear death. It's a graduation for sure.

I died three times at birth I don't recall anything out of these, I had complications during a medical surgery I was 5-6 years old and when I woke up I asked my mom why the doctors were freaking out when I was floating in the room above them. She went and asked them and the dude turned pale like a wall and asked her how she knew these had been complications.

I will always remember this moment, I could see both ceilling, floor and all the walls around me at the same time yet I could focus on specific areas like we do with our eyes but still see the rest at the same time I can't explain it... colors were much brighter and vibrant as if everything surrounding my was alive. Everything seemed deeper and so peaceful... I've experience this once through OBE I walked through the corridor in my house and I was concious I figured I was going to go take a look at the clock on the microwave and then try to get back in my body then run to the clock to see if the time was the same.

I remember having seen 9:30 but I had to get very close to see the number because they look SOOOO much brighter and greener than they normally do from there I though I was going to go back to my body and instantly woke up... by the time I managed to awake enough to realise what had happen and get on my feet I bolted to the microwave and it was 9:36ish It terrorized me yet I couldn't wait to do it again...

Second thing that happen is a dude that tried to "get rid" of me... I don't know the details of what was given to me but it was enough apparently to kill me a couple times over... to this day I think he succeeded I won't go into details with this one its pretty personal but all I can tell is that "pure peace" moment I left is now constantly with me and I can feel it in my chest like it was going to explode I can't really explain it but there's no drug in this world on nothing that even compares it... if this ever leaves me I'd rather shot me a bullet between the ears than live a second without it...

The guy in question will not even get close to me anymore since this, he literally will change of sidewalk if he see me coming on the same as he is... I have no clue why he never spoke back to me and every time I happen to cross him somewhere I can see the fear in his face and eyes... I know he feels like screaming "how" I made it... I don't know but I know that soon after it happen and I had this strange feeling of perfect peace all I could do was forgive him cause after this I was left with the most insane and greatest thing that ever happened to me...

I can't explain this feeling but Its just "pure" there's no other way to describe it... Imagine a constant state of bliss, happiness and love for everything that surrounds you and everyone even your worst enemies... the people you would of once slit their throat in a dark corner you just feel like hugging them because you feel you owe them for what you've learned from their actions... And having this strange yet amazingly great feeling like if your heart was on fire and the flame was just like a tiny sun slowly growing...

I know it sounds weird and F'ed up but its been 3 years and this feeling has NEVER left me and I SWEAR i rather die than lose it... and I know its no chemical imbalance if I do bad # it kinda "dim"s out a bit for awhile and it scares the # out of me.. I swear I'd do anything not to lose this feeling...

Its like pure peace, happiness and not being scared of anything not death or nothing because as deep as you can look into yourself you know there's more to this feeling than the eye can see or some dudes running test in laboratories can explain...

I see things so differently now in a light I would of ever imagine I ever would before and I understand things I once thought I understood and realize how much of a blind fool I was... If something similar happened to someone here i'd like to know cuz really... I feel blessed... I wasn't religious before but this... this is a whole new level...

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
This kid in the video, I know where he's been, I know how he felt when he made this video when he was recalling his experience... I can't stop smiling neither when I think of mine and the peace in his eyes and his smile... I can tell he felt the way I feel now and believe me everything isn't the same anymore you don't see death as the end but as a liberation literally... now call me cheesy but ever since this happened I NEVER stop seeing 1111, 222, 333, 444, 555 EVERYWHERE... cash slips, game timers, clocks, car millage and I can't explain that neither I'm not the type of guy that keeps track of time as a matter of fact I'm 28 and didn't wear a watch since I'm about 16 cuz I break them all by accident..

but somehow its like sometimes I feel compelled like an impossible to resist impulse to glance at the clock and when it does this its ALWAYS one of those numbers... I'm actively trying to avoid it now but made its even worst..

Other time I'm just walking around thinking about codes or work related material I do this alot it seems like walking around helps me think... anyways... and I'd be really deeply focused and thinking literally in "the zone" and all of a suddent what brings me back to "reality" per say is I find myself standing infront of a clock displaying these numbers and I DONT EVEN KNOW WHY IM THERE! Its like my subconscious hypnotize me and walks be infront of a clock just to bring me back in time to see those numbers...

edit on 29-12-2011 by _R4t_ because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-12-2011 by _R4t_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
This brave young man gave us some information under circumstances none of us would want to be in.
I am going to embrace it.

God bless you Ben.Breedlove.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join