Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Ben Breedlove Passed Away Christmas Day, But Not Before Sharing His NDE With The World

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicEgg
reply to post by AuranVector

...Their father was unwilling to have more children. It took five years to convince him to have the last one. His contracts were not honored and he will be reminded of this lapse later on, I'm sure.

Considering how hellish life on Earth appears to be, it takes a lot of courage for intelligent people to bring children into this world. Go easy on the guy for not wanting any more. God understands.

There is just so very much that we don't acknowledge. Our lives will be much easier when we finally do see the signs and heed them again. We're so blind as it is and we simply blind ourselves further by demanding rational thinking and scientific method. It precluded too much. True knowledge will never be found that way.

I agree. Full realization is not something that can be contained within a logic circuit. It does not compute. Understanding what is real transcends reason.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frith
For Ben Breedlove's sake I would hope what he reported witnessing was real in some sense. His report of seeing somebody who was still alive brings more doubt into that, but I can't claim to know how an afterlife would work if it exists at all.

If what he was reporting on was something that was actually happening in some fashion then I can only guess he saw an apparition taking the form of somebody he was familiar with to put him at ease in an unfamiliar setting. Not the actual still-living person.
edit on 31-12-2011 by Frith because:

I think you're right about the apparition. Ben's experience was real.

But I think the reason Ben saw Kid Cudi (who still has a living physical body) is that Kid Cudi was an important symbol for him. He wrote his favorite song -- and the lyrics of "Mr. Rager" seem very apropos to Ben's life. Ben must have felt some connection with Kid Cudi, that KC would understand him; be a natural "friend" to him -- even though they had never actually met.

I suspect the reason so many NDE'ers report seeing loved relatives and their favorite angel or god figure, is that the Light conforms itself to the consciousness of the individual. So a Christian sees Jesus, a Hindu would see Krishna, etc.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtraeme
reply to post by FAQAmerica

Your wormfood, it's hard to get angry at people who believe this crap though as its understandable to be scared.

Isn't it just as comforting from the atheistic position to imagine that upon death there's nothing? And because nothing else exists therefore all pain, anguish, and responsibility ceases. So in a way, in the atheistic scenario, isn't the same underlying emotional motivator at play as the one that's being used to slander theists? The orthodox atheist wants his position to be true because the idea of having to go on-and-on, in what's perceived to be something of a crapshoot, is now advocated not because it's more logical but because of an emotional investment in a particular outcome due to as you put it, "[because] people will believe anything to make themselves feel better about what happens after your dead." The only difference is the atheistic mindset wants everything to come to a close and to finally have an end. Whereas the theistic mindset desires continuity. In my opinion both groups are advocating beliefs. Each group has a rather inconclusive series of facts to support their argument.

A really simple way to prove this to yourself, about how little we know about the nature of consciousness (and how this might relate to its permanence) is to ask, "How can the human brain in a dream construct extremely detailed environments in real-time of places and locations a person has never seen before?" Spend a day as an animator, a 3d modeler, or as a game developer and you'll quickly realize something perplexing and unknown is going on in the mind. The ability to generate that amount of detail and information in real-time is not only anomalous but bizarre. Imagination isn't enough to explain such a thing because in a sufficiently detailed dream all 5 senses are fully engaged, no different than when a person is awake. Try closing your eyes and using your imagination to feel the heat from the sun, feel the touch of a rocky surface, and then draw in mountains and people hiking. Using your imagination you'll only get the vaguest picture of what such an environment might look and feel like. In a lucid dream it's all there as if it actually exists. Modern human understanding is pathetically inadequate to account for these sorts of oddities.
edit on 31-12-2011 by Xtraeme because: (no reason given)

A highly intelligent, thoughtful post, Xtraeme. Lucid dreaming is fascinating. Have you read "The Holographic Universe" by Michael Talbot?

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Adyta
reply to post by CosmicEgg

You lost all credibility when you claimed that you are a "healer". If you can heal people as you say, go to your local hospital and heal the entire cancer ward.

It's obvious you're not familiar with psychic healers or you would not have made such a remark about Cosmic Egg.

There are many different kinds of psychic healers: different methods, different aptitudes or skill levels.
Most healers work with energy (life force) transference. Many psychic healers will not take on a cancer patient because the patient needs so much energy, it will drain the healer dry.

Even a spiritual Master like Jesus probably would not go into a cancer ward to heal everyone.

There are karmic limitations. Some people have unconsciously chosen to work out karma through cancer. Some do not want to be healed. Some have chosen cancer as a way out, as a way to die.

Are you getting any of this? It's probably a waste of time. People are ready to understand when they're ready to understand. It cannot be forced.

There's been quite a bit of scientific research done on psychic healing. Read.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by AuranVector

Just what I expected. An "it's not like that" comment. The fact people think they're "healers" is nothing more than delusions of grandeur.

It's insulting people claim they can "heal" people, but only people not too sick (thank god we finally have a cure for the common cold!).

I know cosmic egg is crazy, I just hope it isn't the dangerous kind.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Adyta

You know, do you? Please do elaborate. I would be ever so interested to know how I could possibly be dangerous.

There are so many things humans don't understand and aren't willing to see. Some will never see in any case. Many are catching glimpses and hopefully many more will as well. But I'm here for those who are ready for this type of healing. I think you have a lot of misconceptions and have leapt to quite a few conclusions with no information. It would be interesting to see what it is you believe you know about me.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by JanJamboree

Good luck since science lacks a cure for most deadly deseases so when that time comes I hope science has caught up. But hey if it hasn't you can always rely on that nurse to get you a cup of ice water as your brain melts to mush...

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
There was a good science link, given: www.cfpf.org.uk...

The only problem was, he lacked the appropriate scientific knowledge, including whitewashing Einstein and delegating him as his own critic/skeptic when that is certainly not true. Einstein knew exactly what he was doing, and was dancing on his strings, a puppet to a hidden hand that did not want the true science to be outed to the public. Now the truth about the multiverse and the infinite channels, what they called ether, makes things a little different, and 100% supports the scientific research into NDE's and their repeatable findings.

But Science follows its own postulates they enthrone and scientists are its priests. Note a postulate is a theory that they entrench, though its often, erroneous, and the main backbones of our science are erroneous. They're just opinions.

Here is some notes on that wrong fork and what was truly already known, so it was done deliberately.

www.levashov.info...

This language is more scientific than the above link, for the author is a physicist and his credentials are like this:

www.levashov.info...

You can tell when you read it.

Statements of prominent scientists confirm this. They assert that in order to be called a scientist one must have a healthy skepticism and not trust his eyes, ears, data or proof, but firmly stand on the positions of science. It is a striking example of how science transforms into religion... ....

If any group or individual works this carefully to impose false concepts on a planetary scale about the nature of the Universe, it is a sure sign that they are hiding something of great significance, not only for physicists and philosophers, but for every inhabitant of planet Earth. ...

As a result, human civilization followed the wrong path that ultimately leads to self-destruction. It means only one thing: the correct path of civilization’s development is dangerous for those who were behind Einstein and who still continue to back his theories.

Those, who remain in the shadow, fear only one thing: loss of their power and control over the masses. They know that once enlightened by knowledge, every single individual, as well as mankind in general, would be able to see and understand what is happening on planet Earth—and this ultimately spells goodbye to their power, influence and wealth.

The parts about Einstein and especially Dayton C. Miller, and Tesla are right to the point.

en.wikipedia.org...

If we had gone down the right path with science into free energy and the multiverse, there wouldn't even be a debate concerning this young man's NDE.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightbringr
This is your quote exactly:

Originally posted by Mizzijr
'___' is greatly connected with lucid dreaming, OBEs, and NDEs. The difference between the 3 is how much '___' is released from the pineal gland. '___' is released in profound abundance during NDEs and OBEs.

You stated this as a fact, when in fact it is not. I simply wanted correct your erroneous statement. No one knows if '___' is produced in the pineal, or if it causes NDEs.

Oh really now? You, Mr. Guy, have just set yourself up. It is clear you are trying to force your hand by leaving things out. Either that, or you didn't bother to read the entire post.

That is NOT my quote exactly, that is you partially quoting of what was exactly said. This is my quote exactly:

'___' is greatly connected with lucid dreaming, OBEs, and NDEs. The difference between the 3 is how much '___' is released from the pineal gland. '___' is released in profound abundance during NDEs and OBEs.

So to the guy who was in a ":freezing void" yes, still '___'. and this kid and many others have released '___' as well. Obviously NDEs and OBEs are real as stated in this thread. Is it spiritual? very much so. Quite mysterious too.

It is also said that the pineal gland is where the "3rd eye" resides. It really isn't a surprise that we experience much during events such as OBEs and NDEs or even while dreaming. Is what I'm saying 100%? No. But I'm 100% sure that it all ties together in some sort of fashion. This is just how I see it cause it makes sense.

So stop fighting and work together. The truth is out there. And show respect for the kid don't be rude.

R.I.P.

I'm not sure if you seen read those weird markings in bold letters. You get my point. I FEEL it is connected in some sort of fashion. How I explained it is how it makes sense to me. Therefore it is not misinformation. Another thing, you say there is no proof it comes directly from the pineal gland, I don't feel like researching the interwebs on that right now, but even if it doesn't so what? '___' is within us and the levels can't be checked during NDEs and that's that.

I'm not the bad guy here. People will have opinions and personal theories especially on the unknown. Even your opinion on the CO2 article could be feasible, but don't try to force your hand to make people believe in what you believe. It's not right bro.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
What a wonderfully inspiring story told by a beautiful young man. I am speechless, at this man's courage to tell everyone his story, his compassion to want to let others know, to having continued a normal daily life even with a serious medical condition, there are so many factors of this story that make it simply amazing. All the evil in the world but there are many beautiful people.
Lets spread the love,
Thanks for sharing.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicEgg

If you really claim to be able to heal people, do the world a favor and announce you are going to prove it. Invite scientists and a news team to one of your healings. Offer to make the process transparent by allowing the scientists or press team to pick who you shall heal, and have the results independently verified.

But of course you won't do that because it would expose the scam. I hope to god you are not charging people for your false hope.

And yes, I have researched online about "psychic healers". They are all frauds. If you have somthing to link to me that apparently shows a legitimate healer, I'd love to see it.

This kind of thing is no different than Harold Camping thinking he can predict the end of times. Leaves nothing but shattered hopes and empty bank accounts.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by nightbringr

You will not find anything about me online because I don't do this for money. I don't do anything for money. It's not about ego or validation by external parties or anything mainstream thinkers would comprehend. Why do you even comment on things for which you have simply not the first glimmering of understanding? Energy healing is not passive. It's soul to soul communication and energy balancing/refreshment/correction. It is not something that can or will be quantifiable by science as we practice it now, any more than we have physics right. We don't. You can't use those ideas and equipment to demonstrate something far beyond their ability to register.

Your mundane demands really don't interest me. The healing I practice isn't for everyone. It's for those who are already awake and aware. Don't start on the rubbish about how healers are this and healers are that. You don't know the first thing about it. Do not start prescribing what I should be with your small closed mind. Talk to me again if you wake up. It would be really nice to hear from you then.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Adyta

I think that the fact Kid Cudi was there confirms this was a just a dying man's dream. You ever notice it's always the grandparent, parents, or in this case a rapper that greets them in the afterlife? Why is it never "I didn't know who he was, but he said his name was Michael (or Gabriel)".

I believe that our own perceptions and personal lives are what we experience in the "afterlife"...atleast for the initial crossover. I imagine all our memories that are stored in our brain are released at the onset of death, and the result could be our own unique experiences that we bring with us. Maybe that is why it is so important for a believer to find peace within themselves before they die, and to be able to let go of guilt, and ill-feelings towards others. If we die with anger and self-loathing, then how can we experience the peace that is expressed by so many others who've had NDE's? Of course this is according to my own belief that there awaits some form of afterlife for all of us. In my religion, this is what I believe Jesus tried to teach us...to be born-again. Very simple to understand for me.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
God Bless him.

I absolutely believe in God. My daughter was born premature, in 1986. The night she was born she was put into a neonatal intensive care unit, and given a 52 percent chance of living. She weighed 2 lbs 14 oz. I sat with her all night, her hand was so small it went around my little finger barely. The funny thing is, all night long, she would smile and laugh from time to time and there was like a light around her face almost like a glow. A hospital light was above her, but it was like a miniscule amount more light was reflecting off her than was shining on her. I will always believe that God was with her, and making her laugh. I did a lot of praying, and after 17 weeks we took her home. She is 25 and will finish college in June. I know for a fact that she is only here by the grace of God. We are here as long as God wants us to be here, and we go when He calls us. There is nothing to fear.

edit on 1-1-2012 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by openminded2011

It's nice to hear that she is ok and living life. Best wishes to you and your family. ~SheopleNation

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

ok not 2 sound offensive. but.

why hold up queue cards. instead of just speaking?
Is he mute as well as sick?

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by R0B3RTF1SH3R

Dude. Weren't you paying attention? He lost his ability to speak after his third time "cheating death" on December 8th.

And they are not queue cards, they're cue cards.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

I hate to burst your bubble. What he experienced was his brain releasing '___' upon death. '___' is a very strong hallucinogenic. It is released to make death a more bearable experience.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by TheEndisNigh

How many times do we have to hear this canned response in NDE Threads?

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by kazanoom

He's obviously a neuroscientist. He wouldn't presume to come into public and spout absolute, definite knowledge of something he had only seen a tv documentary on or perhaps glimpsed an article in New Scientist (the quintessential professional journal of all serious scientists). After all, science has our bodies figured out from head to toe.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join