It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible UFO over Flamingo Florida

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
This picture was taken a few years back while birding at the State park in Flamingo Florida, which is at almost the southernmost tip of Florida. The day I was there the place was deserted, and I had an odd feeling the whole time i was there. At any rate as it was getting late I took a pic of the barrier islands off on the horizon. Getting home I was awed by the mirage effect that made the islands look disconnected from the water. Then blowing up the image I noticed what appears to be a roughly eliptical object directly over one of the islands. I make no claim that its a UFO, its simply strange. This is an extremely remote area so I dont think it was a helicopter or aircraft, I heard none at the time the photo was taken. There were no birds in flight in the field of view when I took this picture.

Here are some more shots with more contrast

Again, I make no claim that its a UFO, just that its unidentified.
edit on 29-12-2011 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by openminded2011

Its impossible to tell what that faint gray thing above the island because its only a few pixels across. But considering the photograph is of a light distortion effect in the distance it might well just be something to do with that.

Its so small it could have just been spec of dust on the lens.

edit on 29-12-2011 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   

This picture was taken a few years back while birding at the State park in Flamingo Florida

A large bird in flight maybe
,or given the area maybe an insect in front of or on the lens .
edit on 29-12-2011 by gortex because: Edit to add

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

It would be nice if someone that wasn't at work could get a blown up image so the rest of us can take a look. No big if its an unreasonable request. Thanks

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Any chance you can post the original picture, without the enhanced contrast?

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
It's really hard to tell. I mean just seems like a line drawn above the horizon. Well not really drawn but would be made because of the enhanced effects given. Well unless you mean that small dot above that line even then it's really hard to tell to :/

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I wouldn't doubt it after all we have the Bermuda Triangle, AUTEC (whatever they're doing out there) and the Coral Castle mystery.

Florida is a hot spot for USO and UFOs.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I'll take a guess and say its probably a bird which was flying past at the time the picture was taken. It doesn't look to have been cut and pasted so-to-speak and placed in the picture - its more of a 'by chance' photo which the person has mistook for a UFO. It is really hard to tell what it is as the picture is so small and you can't make the object out at all apart from a small shape. Nonetheless I expect someone to pipe up with the old 'THEY HAVE ARRIVED!' comment.

new topics

top topics

join