It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Iran is a Tiny Country".....Not so Much

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   

(Watch video for Context)

Iran is a tiny Country?

With an area of 1,648,000 square kilometres (636,000 sq mi), Iran ranks eighteenth in size among the countries of the world. Iran is about one-fifth the size of the continental United States, or slightly larger than the combined area of the western United States (Arizona, California, Oregon, Washington, Nevada, and Idaho).

Population 76,923,300 (July 2010 est.) / 70,049,262 according to Iran's 2006 census.

Not exactly tiny. Iran Wiki

Hey everyone we have this all wrong. Iran is no threat to anyone. Obama has it under control.

Well according to President Obama we just have to ask nicer...

Didn't the Iranians start the Arab Spring?

I realize in the big scheme of things Iran is a tiny country. I hope talking works.

The people of Iran are an amazing and beautiful. I wish they could win their own freedom.

However, when a Country acquires a nuclear weapon.

They are no longer considered "Tiny". At least in my mind.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Iran has not started a war in over one hundred years. I think that in the great scheme of things they pose no threat. Irans crimes are simple they have oil and they do not have a rockafella central bank...

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

That may be true, but in the last three decades Iran has fermented discord and hatred both as tool for internal repression and foreign policy. Hezbollah for example.

Regards

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by paraphi

That may be true, but in the last three decades Iran has fermented discord and hatred both as tool for internal repression and foreign policy. Hezbollah for example.

Regards

That is true.

But if I were them. I watched America hang the leader right next door...I would be paranoid.

Like anything else in this region. It's way more complicated than I can really grasp.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
He said Iran is tiny "compared to the Soviet Union", which is true.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by paraphi

Regards

Well Hezbollah wouldn't have been created in the first place if Israel hadn't occupied Lebanon. So yeah.

And if we want to talk about who's creating discord and repression, let's look at all the dictatorships and terrorists groups and false-flag attacks the US government has created/funded...

Iran's government is bad, but that is no reason to attack Iran and kill a few million Iranians.

As for Iran being a tiny country... yeah right... 3 times the size of Iraq and 3 times the population... and it wasn't weakened by 12 years of sanctions.
edit on 29-12-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
Iran has not started a war in over one hundred years...

They are in proxy wars in Syria, Palestine, Iraq, ... they support international terrorists, and they have a very close relationship with North Korea, which is a proxy agent of China. They've been in a proxy war against Israel for a long time. They are in a covert cyber war against the USA from Central and South America. And no .. the government of Iran isn't some lil' innocent bunch. They give as well as they take.

Starting a war these days isn't a matter of having uniformed troops cross a border with a gun.
It's much more complex than that.

ABC News

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147

That's why I wrote the note about context.

It really wasn't my intent to misquote.

I was just really surprised how large Iran really is.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

they support international terrorists, and they have a very close relationship with North Korea, which is a proxy agent of China. They've been in a proxy war against Israel for a long time. They are in a covert cyber war against the USA from Central and South America.

Just wanted to get this straight. You quote ABC News as the source for the truth?

I am sure Iran are not perfect, but I would prefer to have data from a reliable source and not the MSM. This is ATS after all.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Okay lets all get this straight. Iran is a tiny country compared to the US or former Soviet Union but is large compared to say...Kuwait. Just for perspective.

Originally posted by whyamIhere

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147

That's why I wrote the note about context.

It really wasn't my intent to misquote.

I was just really surprised how large Iran really is.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Everything that Iran/Persia is doing today...is for self preservation...

they want to be self reliant instead of under the thumb of western powers, western money,
western military adventures, western dominance in all aspects of world trade-law-finance-arms, etc

Persia-Iran is not doing anything but reacting to zionism, vulture capitalism, total spectrum dominance by the USA led powers, like NATO, IMF, etc

edit on 29-12-2011 by St Udio because: yeah-yeah stuff

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Funny.

That's the same thing the US does.

Um...$hit, I forgot who the bad guy is...

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by purplemer
Iran has not started a war in over one hundred years...

They are in proxy wars in Syria, Palestine, Iraq, ... they support international terrorists, and they have a very close relationship with North Korea, which is a proxy agent of China. They've been in a proxy war against Israel for a long time. They are in a covert cyber war against the USA from Central and South America. And no .. the government of Iran isn't some lil' innocent bunch. They give as well as they take.

Starting a war these days isn't a matter of having uniformed troops cross a border with a gun.
It's much more complex than that.

ABC News

Just tell me you are kidding…

Name a country with 52 wars, tens of thousands of assassination, murdering of at least 10 million of innocent civilians around the globe since WWII ?

Do I hear the name of Iran..?

Last army invasions by the Iranian was almost 300 years ago by shah Nadir-e-Afshar, invading the India because of their coward rulers and connections with the Mongols which left the Iran devastated by their earlier invasion.

Anyone..?

I rest my case.

edit on 29-12-2011 by amkia because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by amkia

Any country with the power to do so.

Good and bad are perceptions, not reality.

Our side is 'good', their side is 'bad'.

Any, and every, country that has the power to swing the balance in their favour is currently doing so.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

Ask how many times has Iran invaded other counteries in the last 100 years and then ask how many counteries has the US invaded in the last one hundred years. (The 1980'2 ware between Iraq and Iran was the work of the US. Iran simply defended itself against a US proxy.)

Then ask how close is Iran to Israel. Answer = ?

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by bussoboy
reply to post by whyamIhere

Ask how many times has Iran invaded other counteries in the last 100 years and then ask how many counteries has the US invaded in the last one hundred years. (The 1980'2 ware between Iraq and Iran was the work of the US. Iran simply defended itself against a US proxy.)

Then ask how close is Iran to Israel. Answer = ?

I have no desire for any war.

I know the Iranian Army has started no formal war.

We have a horrible history in the region.

As for Israel....I guess I'm the only one who thinks they can defend themselves.

top topics

join