It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NOOOOoooo! Ron Paul is taking over BTS!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
After getting my blood pressure good and worked up this morning reading all the fine stories posted here on ATS, I decided to switch over to BTS for a little light hearted reading to cool off for a while. When I got there I found that something horrible had happened.

Ron Paul was everywhere.

[size=10]AAAAAARRRRGGGHH!!

It looks like someone decided to move the whole damn Politicians and People forum over to BTS and they've been throwing everything Paul related into there.

I understand that many people have complained that there are too damn many Ron Paul threads out there and they're tired of looking at all of them every time they come to ATS but, moving them over to BTS is a crime against nature IMHO. There has got to be another solution to this problem that doesn't involve crapping up BTS with political garbage.

BTS is the place we go to GET AWAY FROM all that political BS, unwind and try to regain what little bit of sanity we have left after trolling ATS all day.

Please ATS, reconsider this decision. I don't want to have BTS screwed up with political bull crap. That is the place we go to get away from it all and discuss things that don't really matter to anyone and have a few laughs.

Please keep the political crap out of BTS for the sake of the sanity of the members here. Give us at least one place we can go to escape the madness!

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
What are you going to do if he's elected? There won't be any escaping his name then. It will be on the news. He'll be on your favorite late night talk shows. He'll be on CNN, MSNBC, FOX, ABC, NBC, CBN, and any other alphabetic platform besides ATS.

I just don't understand why it gets under your skin so much. We go through this every four years. Were you this way when Obama was being discussed on ATS four years ago?

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

This is Operation Mindcrime and I approve this message.

Peace

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   

I understand (Ron Paul)and I sympathize. It is (Ron Paul)the political season and many(Ron Paul) members here(Ron Paul) have chosen (Ron Paul)someone that(Ron Paul) they truly believe(Ron Paul) in. It'll (Ron Paul)pass eventually. Perhaps(Ron Paul) a new comet (Ron Paul)Elenin, or 2012(Ron Paul) will take over (Ron Paul)for a while.(Ron Paul)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Please let me know if you experience fainting, shakes, chills, seizures, clammy palms, night sweats, vertigo, dry mouth, insomnia, incontinence, memory lapses, itching, flaking scalp, dry eyes, teeth grinding, or any other abnormal bodily reactions during the following test:

Ron Paul, Ron Paul, Ron Paul, Ron Paul, Ron Paul, Ron Paul, Ron Paul, Ron Paul, Ron Paul, Ron Paul, Ron Paul, Ron Paul, Ron Paul, Ron Paul, Ron Paul, Ron Paul, Ron Paul, Ron Paul, Ron Paul, Ron Paul, Ron Paul, Ron Paul, Ron Paul, Ron Paul, Ron Paul, Ron Paul, Ron Paul, Ron Paul, Ron Paul, Ron Paul, Ron Paul, Ron Paul, Ron Paul, Ron Paul, Ron Paul, Ron Paul, Ron Paul, Ron Paul, Ron Paul, Ron Paul, Ron Paul, Ron Paul, Ron Paul, Ron Paul, Ron Paul, Ron Paul, Ron Paul, Ron Paul, Ron Paul, Ron Paul, Ron Paul, Ron Paul, Ron Paul, Ron Paul, Ron Paul, Ron Paul, Ron Paul, Ron Paul, Ron Paul, Ron Paul, Ron Paul, Ron Paul, Ron Paul, Ron Paul, Ron Paul, Ron Paul, Ron Paul, Ron Paul, Ron Paul, Ron Paul, Ron Paul, Ron Paul, Ron Paul, and, finally, Ron Paul.

If you experienced any of the symptoms mentioned prior to the test, please consult your doctor immediately.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

What gets under my skin is that now they're putting all his threads into BTS where we go to get away from politics for a while.

I really don't mind the Paul threads but, they don't belong over in BTS. People who support Paul should also be upset by this move because its taking him off of the main forum and hiding him away in a part of the forum that many people don't visit that often.

When people come to ATS looking for political subjects, they should not have to look on the off-topic section in order to find threads about Ron Paul. Its almost like ATS has decided to start hiding all the Paul threads.
edit on 12/29/11 by FortAnthem because:

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   

You actually have a valid point.

If I were a Paul supporter, I'd be really steamed that ATS might be er. . . . . throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   

I just don't understand why it gets under your skin. People see Ron Paul as someone who can reverse the damage that's been done and I don't blame them for being excited. Someone has to be the one to clean up the mess and put America back on track. I hope and pray that Ron Paul is who he claims to be.

If he's not, there will be hell to pay and a whole lot more threads about him and what a horrible monster he is will begin to cover the ATS/BTS boards.
edit on 29-12-2011 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I feel ya OP. pretty tired of half the posts being about ron paul. For or against both are equally as annoying. I might aswell be watching TMZ

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
"switched over to BTS".. What? Guess it is a differant way of enjoying ATS than me.. I just watch the firehose totally oblivious to there even being a BTS at all..

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   

You don't get it. I support Ron Paul and I like his policies.

I just don't want to read about him, or any other Goddamn politician for that matter, when I come over to BTS. BTS is the place we go to get away from all the political BS.

Political stuff should stay over on the ATS side where it belongs and we should be able to chill out over here on the BTS side without the political bickering when we get burned out on the ATS side.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I'd like everyone to do a search for 'Obama' and tell me what you see. It's no different.
Just like the other common topics on ATS such as earthquakes, 2012, and dream explanations. If ATS/BTS started censoring Ron Paul topics, then everything could be as well. That isn't good ground to walk upon.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Hold on a second!?!?!?!?!

Who's Ron Paul???

~Heff

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Don't you see that, by putting Paul threads into BTS instead of ATS, that ATS is, in a way, censoring their content?

They are taking his name away from their main forums and putting him into the off-topic forums instead.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   

I get it just fine.

I don't like the fact that creative writing is on the ATS side instead of in BTS. I just simply skim past these threads.

Conspiracies abound in politics, which is why it's talked about a lot on here and, right now, Ron Paul is a talking point. Conspiracy theorists will always be keeping a close eye on politics. There are plenty of chit chat websites besides ATS that one can go to. The thing is, if you don't like the temperature of the pool, you can always go swim in the ocean.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought
I If ATS/BTS started censoring Ron Paul topics, then everything could be as well

I believe what FortAnthem is trying to say is that it belongs on ATS, not BTS.

It like when you store your socks and underwear on the top-left shelve of the kitchen cabinet, your pants in the attic and the rest of your clothes in the basement, nothing wrong with it, just a little weird (and annoying). Best to keep all your clothes in one place...(which isn't BTS)......
??

......I'm not making any sense again, am I??

Nevermind, Viva la BTS!!!!

Peace

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

If I were a Paul supporter, I'd be really steamed that ATS might be er. . . . . throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

That is one OLD baby!

What was that movie where the guy was born old and grew younger as time went by?

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

You're right. I don't get it.

I don't understand why anyone wouldn't want people just chit chatting about Ron Paul. Keep him on the crazies' side because it's obviously one big conspiracy.

Excuse me, Mr. Skeptic Overlord and Pals. Could you please move the Politics and People Forum to ATS? Nobody has any right to discuss Ron Paul in a conversational manner. Everything about Ron Paul is obviously classified information and should be considered Above Top Secret.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

Originally posted by beezzer

That is one OLD baby!

What was that movie where the guy was born old and grew younger as time went by?

The Curious Case Of Ron Pau- Benjamin Buttons.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I get the concern about Ron Paul supporters (myself included) missing out on some threads because it's not in ATS...but what I don't get is what's the problem with people complaining about the threads whether it be in ATS or BTS? It's election season and Ron Paul has more support than ATS knows what to do with.

If you don't like all the RP threads be it in ATS OR BTS, why don't you just skip past the RP thread and open the thread you would rather read, like "What is your idea of the perfect date/relationship?" or something? Way too much complaining going on here. The subject is popular right now and there's nothing any nay-sayers are going to do about it. Just deal with it and move on.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join