It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEED ADVICE. What should I do?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by jeenyus2008

and just a "for what its worth"
the 4 biggest items in accuracy are

(maybe not exactly in this order)
Sight Picture
Grip
Trigger Pull
Breathing

I could expand on these.....but I fear I simply would be creating a multi page post that no one wants to read.
(my wife's biggest issue was with her grip, and after that...some issues with trigger pull)

I am not truly a firearms instructor, but with 11 years experience as military police, I have a pretty good grip on it.

If you have questions after your initial firearms training, feel free to ask, I'll be glad to assist.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
60 hours a week, can barely afford the house you're in, can't move due to the breed of dog you have. Simple logic is to realize you can't afford the dog with it's living requirements. Give your dog to a friend or a rescue group. Move to a nicer part of town, a good, secure apartment or share a large condo with someone. Without the dog you have more options.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Hi, I have one more thing.
If you intend to use a handgun for self-defence it might ever be necessary to use it in closed quarters or semi dark lighting.
So do not train the normal way, shooting cards or bowling pins.
If you are new to shooting, the better it is, because there is a far better way of of learning how to hit a target in those difficult and stressful circumstances.
This way is easy and totally depends on your own body scheme. In the dark you are perfectly able to touch your nose with your fingertip. You are also perfectly able to point your finger at the source of any sound in the dark.

So start learning how to shoot with your middle-finger at the trigger and have your index finger aligned with the barrel. This works great, just point and shoot without using the time consuming aiming points.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by seentoomuch
60 hours a week, can barely afford the house you're in, can't move due to the breed of dog you have. Simple logic is to realize you can't afford the dog with it's living requirements. Give your dog to a friend or a rescue group. Move to a nicer part of town, a good, secure apartment or share a large condo with someone. Without the dog you have more options.

Dude....really.
No way man....the two dogs I have are part of the family. They provide companionship, and unconditional love. Giving them up would be almost as difficult as asking me to disown my children.

This is the one who sits and watches football with me, who keeps my feet warm at night, who can sense when I've had a bad day at work and comes up and licks my face.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pokoia

Hi, I have one more thing.
If you intend to use a handgun for self-defence it might ever be necessary to use it in closed quarters or semi dark lighting.
So do not train the normal way, shooting cards or bowling pins.
If you are new to shooting, the better it is, because there is a far better way of of learning how to hit a target in those difficult and stressful circumstances.
This way is easy and totally depends on your own body scheme. In the dark you are perfectly able to touch your nose with your fingertip. You are also perfectly able to point your finger at the source of any sound in the dark.

So start learning how to shoot with your middle-finger at the trigger and have your index finger aligned with the barrel. This works great, just point and shoot without using the time consuming aiming points.

S4U.....
Good point dude!
Yes, "point shooting" is another good training aid.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join