It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Human Technology is Inspired by Nature.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I was watching Animal Planet today, and there was a show about big cats. There was a leopard, and there was a scene where it blended in perfectly with its surroundings. It was amazing. Later on there was a show about reptiles, and there was a lizard that blended in perfectly with its surroundings. Also amazing.

It got me thinking, us humans borrow a lot of ideas from animals and use it in our technology. For the first example, think of camouflage gear. We use that to blend in with our surroundings, and camo is something borrowed straight from nature.

It also brings to mind planes. They are based on the aerodynamics of birds.

Can you think of other technology that is inspired directly from nature?

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by SolarE-Souljah

I watched a programme where they listened to a locusts brain when it saw something approaching it and they say they hope to use that technology to alert motorists when something comes close. Weird huh?
Technology is copying nature because nature is the most intelligent.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Technology should be inspired by nature, I think it's absurd to think of something that hasn't been.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by SolarE-Souljah

There is a camera drone now that looks exactly like a hummingbird.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Evolution has been going on for a long time so animals can be perfect for their surroundings, so we look at what nature has made and expand on it.

www.youtube.com...

here is a new design of a plane which mimics a real bird, which would mean better aircraft.

it's great isnt it this world and all the living things

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I think to be more specific, it is more that technology is inspired by the laws of nature. Its all really just applied science. When I think of a locomotive, no animal really comes to mind. Just the understanding of friction brings about a lot of innovations for engineering. However, I think in the avenue of robotics we are looking more and more at insects and animals to introduce more useful methods of movement.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Yes you have touched upon the Laws of Nature....Technology is based on many laws and not just nature.

In the end....Nature rules...technology is a distant cousin or step child...

If you continue your research into the universal laws you will come to see that.

new topics

top topics

join