It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Facts About GMO's - We Are Contaminating Our Planet!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
A friend found this site and the information on it about GMO's is eye-opening:

www.responsibletechnology.org...

From the site:

GMOs contaminate―forever.

GMOs cross pollinate and their seeds can travel. It is impossible to fully clean up our contaminated gene pool. Self-propagating GMO pollution will outlast the effects of global warming and nuclear waste. The potential impact is huge, threatening the health of future generations. GMO contamination has also caused economic losses for organic and non-GMO farmers who often struggle to keep their crops pure.

Also...

The biotech industry uses "tobacco science" to claim product safety.

Biotech companies like Monsanto told us that Agent Orange, PCBs, and DDT were safe. They are now using the same type of superficial, rigged research to try and convince us that GMOs are safe. Independent scientists, however, have caught the spin-masters red-handed, demonstrating without doubt how industry-funded research is designed to avoid finding problems, and how adverse findings are distorted or denied.

(Although tobacco, in pure form, has NEVER been linked to cancer in over 50 years of tests... See:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com... )

So... How many of You are willing to support GMO's?

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
NOT ME!
I have been talking to my neighbors who are farmers. They are not even offered seed's that are not GM around here. How depressing is that? At least they are now starting to question the seeds and the effects.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

Glad that the farmer neighbors are waking up. This scourge is just another NWO effort to sicken Us, to Their profit through pharmaceuticals.

We MUST fight this! Thanks for Your input.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
like many other subjects, sometimes there is power in a boycott.
if people refused to purchase any gmo products they would not be able to get away with this.
but the general rule is that people don't even look into whether or not their food is gmo.
i mosly shop at trader joes, which promises all products are gmo free.
as long as there is a market for these products, the industry will expand and take over.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

Good catch.

Bump.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
With all do respect, How else would you propose we feed 310,000,000 people?

Im open to suggestions. Thats a lot of corn and grain y'all

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by rubbertramp
like many other subjects, sometimes there is power in a boycott.
if people refused to purchase any gmo products they would not be able to get away with this.
but the general rule is that people don't even look into whether or not their food is gmo.
i mosly shop at trader joes, which promises all products are gmo free.
as long as there is a market for these products, the industry will expand and take over.

I'm a die-hard Trader Joe's customer. And I check labels in detail, buying nothing with corn, soy, etc. that does not say it is non-GMO.

Hail to TJ's, eh? [smile]

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by truthinfact

It turns out that:

1. Organic food yield is the same as GMO (sometimes better...)
2. We distribute by profit, not need (supermarkets ALONE throw out hundreds of thousands of tons of food A MONTH!)
3. We are paying "farmers" (corporately owned) to NOT produce food...

How about if We farm ALL our land organically and distribute by need... That would feed Us 2 times over.

(To eliminate profit motive, We can eliminate the need for money by releasing free energy technologies such as electrogravitics from black ops. See My thread here for more info: www.abovetopsecret.com... )

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   

yup. hail to trader joes.
the sad thing is, some of the time t.j.'s in not available if i'm on the road. there are times i'm forced to ignore the products gmo ingredients because nothing else is available.
then the cost of organic products at other grocery stores is so high i just walk by.
i mena come on now, 6 bucks a pound for organic tomatoes?
then other companiers like whole foods have been caught a few times selling gmo products as gmo free.
they blame the producers and distributers for lying.
either way, when it comes to gmo, once consumed, even if you didn't know, it's already to late.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Their have been several studies come out which prove organic farming produces higher yields of crops than using the GMO seeds.

Let's not underestimate how much we lose in vitamins and minerals and TASTE with mass gmo farming either.

So... how does GMO help again? It doesn't.

Do a little googling to learn.

Harm None
Peace

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   

yup. hail to trader joes.
the sad thing is, some of the time t.j.'s in not available if i'm on the road. there are times i'm forced to ignore the products gmo ingredients because nothing else is available.
then the cost of organic products at other grocery stores is so high i just walk by.
i mena come on now, 6 bucks a pound for organic tomatoes?
then other companiers like whole foods have been caught a few times selling gmo products as gmo free.
they blame the producers and distributers for lying.
either way, when it comes to gmo, once consumed, even if you didn't know, it's already to late.

I agree. And actually... There have been times I have gone hungry for DAYS because I have no access to non-GMO. I would rather starve for 3 days than put GMO in My body - than give My money in any way to the GMO producers.

Just sayin'.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   

hell, i've literally eaten cactus and other things i've gathered in order to avoid gmo.
prickly pear is quite good actually.
but, i get dizzy if i don't eat, so i do admit to eating gmo on rare occassions instead of passing out.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
First THANK YOU for starting this discussion. I wish MORE people would become informed and aware of the harm GMO crops have on us. I have long believed that this was the cause and reason for the upsurge of Autism and a multitude of other diseases that are increasing. It is, it will be, a fact of the almighty dollar that will control this industry. Monsanto will bring this about, please check out this link at how they tried to BIPASS ENVIORMENTAL STUDIES....... I will ALWAYS BUY ORGANIC NO MATTER THE COST, and if I can't afford it, maybe I should start growing my own vegetables and supporting my neighbors to do the same. here's the link news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   

hell, i've literally eaten cactus and other things i've gathered in order to avoid gmo.
prickly pear is quite good actually.
but, i get dizzy if i don't eat, so i do admit to eating gmo on rare occassions instead of passing out.

We had prickly pear in Our back yard when I was a kid and My mom made jelly out of it. I get dizzy, too, but I wait it out. My dizziness goes away eventually. Your experience may differ... [smile]

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by depeche
First THANK YOU for starting this discussion. I wish MORE people would become informed and aware of the harm GMO crops have on us. I have long believed that this was the cause and reason for the upsurge of Autism and a multitude of other diseases that are increasing. It is, it will be, a fact of the almighty dollar that will control this industry. Monsanto will bring this about, please check out this link at how they tried to BIPASS ENVIORMENTAL STUDIES....... I will ALWAYS BUY ORGANIC NO MATTER THE COST, and if I can't afford it, maybe I should start growing my own vegetables and supporting my neighbors to do the same. here's the link news.bbc.co.uk...

Awesome link! I'm going to quote some from it to add interest in clicking the link for Others:

Monsanto fined $1.5m for bribery

The US agrochemical giant Monsanto has agreed to pay a $1.5m (£799,000) fine for bribing an Indonesian official.

Monsanto admitted one of its employees paid the senior official two years ago in a bid to avoid environmental impact studies being conducted on its cotton.

In addition to the penalty, Monsanto also agreed to three years' close monitoring of its business practices by the American authorities.

It said it accepted full responsibility for what it called improper activities.

Also:

Bribes were falsely entered in the books as "consultancy fees"

I am all for saving heirloom seeds, growing what We can, and avoiding GMO like the plague it is.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
What I know.
7 billion souls to feed.
Growing Demand.
Growing Shortage.

This time next year, food prices will be 33% more expensive than in 2010

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
This is just over the top that Obama would appoint Monsanto's VP to headline the FDA
www.davidicke.com...
I know and still believe that money talks, Monsanto will lobby and pay to get ever foot in the door, and our Congress laughs as they invest in this company......one hand washing the other.
It is sad that our children - their children - and generations will suffer over the consequences of the poisons that will contaminate our farmlands.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
AP wire yesterday, quoting a few scientists and 'Center for Science and Public Policy'.

Bugs may be resistant to genetically modified corn
RICK CALLAHAN, Associated Press

www.seattlepi.com/news/article/Farming-practices-threaten-widely-grown-corn-crop-2429107.php

One of the nation's most widely planted crops — a genetically engineered corn plant that makes its own insecticide — may be losing its effectiveness because a major pest appears to be developing resistance more quickly than scientists expected.

The U.S. food supply is not in any immediate danger because the problem remains isolated. But scientists fear potentially risky farming practices could be blunting the hybrid's sophisticated weaponry.

When it was introduced in 2003, so-called Bt corn seemed like the answer to farmers' dreams: It would allow growers to bring in bountiful harvests using fewer chemicals because the corn naturally produces a toxin that poisons western corn rootworms. The hybrid was such a swift success that it and similar varieties now account for 65 percent of all U.S. corn acres — grain that ends up in thousands of everyday foods such as cereal, sweeteners and cooking oil.

(...)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by xecoybh

Scientists are BLAMING this on Farmers not rotating their crops - they must be inhaling the poison. Well this seems like another job for MONSANTO - to produce another poison to compensate for the bugs becoming resistant. I wish someone would start their own country - and run it for the good of people - for the people - I'd move their in a heartbeat. I remember my father telling me that dogs fed tablescaps in his time 30's and 40's were healthy - never getting the diseases they do now. As we have moved towards poison (MONSANTO) as an answer to increasing (FALSE) crop production - we are instilling our future suffering.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

What I know.
7 billion souls to feed.
Growing Demand.
Growing Shortage.

This time next year, food prices will be 33% more expensive than in 2010

What I know:

Organics are equal or better in yield, definitely better in nutrition and taste.
We distribute by profit, not need, with supermarkets throwing out hundreds of thousands of TONS of food a MONTH.
We pay corporate "farmers" to NOT grow food.

And if We eliminate the need for money, food would be free. This planet can produce enough food to feed ALL of Us 10 times over. IF We distribute by need, plant organically and fully and get rid of the need for money...there will be no problem.

(See My thread to get rid of the need for money: www.abovetopsecret.com... )

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join