It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Technology Allows For Manipulation Of Gene Structure!!! Must See!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Hey ATS, came across this and thought it was worth a share with you all. A realtively new system (starting in the 90's) has recently been found able to cut certain parts of ones DNA to implement another 'code' in it's place, effectively allowing the 'patient' to become better from things like cancer.

Now the brain in me yells sweet, another way to get rid of unwanted diseases and negative gene effects. However the conspirational mind states what if the government is already using this to create super soldiers or genetically modified people? You must watch the video included:

blogs.nature.com...
edit on 29-12-2011 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

edit on 12/29/2011 by Mirthful Me because: All Caps Title.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
If this is true,then wow. This has potential to cure every single disease,and to augment us,humans.
I just hope it will not get into wrong hands.,.. which may have happened already :/.
edit on 29-12-2011 by Farnhold because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I believe they have been capable of it a while it started with glowing crops so I can imagine they have played god with all sorts since, a quick google search and I found this
news.idg.no...
also the US made a breakthrough at being able to create 'synthetic' life here's a bbc report on it
www.bbc.co.uk...

makes you wonder where it will all end up and what they have already done in secret, super soldiers do spring to mind though
edit on 29-12-2011 by RAY1990 because: spellcheck

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Once again they come up with something that could help us yet will most likely be used against us.

Technology will be indeed be our downfall it seems.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Viking9019

Agreed

All these things are amazing yet can and will probably be used to keep society inferior.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
This is fantastic. I'm not concerned about super-soldiers or mutants personally, and I don't agree with restrictions on science and medical advancement. I'd expect the churches to sort the mess out, maybe an addendum to their pro-life and anti-harry potter campaigns

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Farnhold
If this is true,then wow. This has potential to cure every single disease,and to augment us,humans.
I just hope it will not get into wrong hands.,.. which may have happened already :/.
edit on 29-12-2011 by Farnhold because: (no reason given)

On Earth, are there REALLY any "right" hands? I'm leaning towards probably not.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I know I would want to augment a couple of my body parts.

My biceps!!!!

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Viking9019
Once again they come up with something that could help us yet will most likely be used against us.

Technology will be indeed be our downfall it seems.

Rise of the Planet of the Apes.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Watts

I'd say probably not but the possibilities of this technology is endless photosensitivity in animals for example but I'd doubt it would get used for good... not until the military has had it's fun with it atleast

edit on 29-12-2011 by RAY1990 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

Did you ever wonder how we can have so many old men in Congress yet none of them ever seem to get sick like the people their age that we know? Why Presidents like GHW Bush still seem healthy and active while our parents are dying off like flies? You know the answer and they are only telling us this as a carrot on a stick so we can have hope that one day they will have a cure when we get sick. It will be far too expensive for any of us to afford should it even be publicly available some day.

I have often wondered if they have indeed been breeding "super soldiers" and I believe the answer to that is yes, they have. With so many underground bases and so much money it would only make sense that they would create their own Praetorian guard of genetically modified soldiers implanted with microchips to ensure their obedience. They wish to kill off all the unwanted, excess population so that all the world's resources will be under their control.

This is one technology that will never be available to the 99%.

new topics

top topics

join