It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I saw a star moving...?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by againuntodust

Two years back on my birthday, I saw the exact same thing. I remember it so clearly. I was at an outdoor show where a few bands were playing, and I was sitting on the grass with a group of friends. I leaned back and stretched and looked up at the sky. It was dusk so a few stars were out but not many. Then I noticed one that was moving, so immediately I assumed satellite. I kept watching and it was heading straight West if I remember correctly. After a solid 30 seconds of traveling in a straight line it begin going left, right, up, down and everywhere, but not rapidly. Think of the game pong. It looked like it was bouncing back and forth. It then proceeded in the opposite direction and disappeared as it passed behind a building. The same thing though, it looked to be a star so would have been traveling at extremely high speeds. Also, I wasn't the only one to see this because I asked all my friends if they could see it too.

edit on 29-12-2011 by PlanetaryDuality because: Forgot to write information

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by CharonIncarnate

Sounds like a ufo. Depending on how tight the circles were. But i am sure the skeptics will find some ridiculous thing to blame it on. Ive seen lights that were floating there and in a second them zoom straight down into the earth..
edit on 29-12-2011 by CharonIncarnate because: Swear to god the ipad is horrible for typing.

So Have I Charon-

I grew up in South Florida and when on the beach in the wee hours of the morning I would see stars that looked like planes lining up for a landing pattern, then just out of nowhere turn into shooting star looking things... Still in my mind I am not sure what I saw.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Cool i am not alone, i too experienced same many times in 2007

what i saw that night cannot be any conventional aircraft, satellite or any other stuff because the flight movement simply does not match
edit on 29-12-2011 by snowlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   

I've also seen 'stars' move, but I'm pretty sure they're sattilites....not in circles although.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   
I saw something very similar in (I think) '94 when going out for a smoke. I used to always look for satellites in the sky. Canberra being a small city doesn't have a heap of light pollution.
I saw something that looked like a satellite until it left it's path with a right angled turn, travelled for a short time, another right angled turn travel for a short time and then another and another until it was back on close to it's original path. Sorta like this

imgur link

I almost fell over from surprise.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Hi everyone, I'm new here. I have been receiving email updates for a few months but I actually became a member today after reading this post. So hello, nice to meet you all.

I have seen lots of “moving stars” over the years, they look like stars if they keep still. They can be seen best where there is no light pollution, and I have seen loads when camping out of the towns and cities. I was camping in Cumbria (North-West England) about 8 years ago, at a campsite which allows fires. As I was laid by my fire watching the “travelling stars”, another camper joined me and asked what I was doing, so I told him, “Oh, I'm just watching the UFO's”. He laughed and muttered things about me being slightly crazy and then he laid down by the fire and looked at the sky. There were lots of “travelling stars” on this particular night, one or two could be seen every time I looked at the sky. “See that?” I said to him, “and that, see how it zig zags, its not a star or a satellite”. The stranger looked and after a while he let out a loud gasp, looked like he'd seen a ghost and said “Thats amazing, that's the first time Ive ever seen a UFO, wow, gosh, its true”. I cant remember every word but I do remember how shocked he was as there was no denying it and he saw several that night. I go camping a lot and so this has happened a few times with different friends and strangers, I find it amazing that they have never seen them before.

I have seen a UFO very close up – well it was three large silver balls in a triangle formation, but I think that will be for another thread,

Thanks for reading.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by C.H.U.D.
reply to post by Gumerk

I've explained how this could easily appear to be the case in this thread here.

men why are you always dening what people saw...geeee's ... take a brake men

note: about the dark sky it was an advice not a priveleg...

edit on 30-12-2011 by voyger2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   

I spend excessive time with my Telescopes and Dishes, I've seen that behavior.
Focusing in on one can be difficult but when they stop you can make out a swirl of colors, but the form is obscured.
Don't be surprised if one "winks" at you. It'll look like a camera flash from a good distance, and you'll be looking directly at it wondering "Starkle, Starkle, little twink...what the heck you are ya think" and then one flash that you'll know was sent to you from some joker flying a predator drone, or something so much more exotic that one would be seriously crazy to believe your darned old lying eyes.
If you do, don't tell anybody...it tends to color their opinion of you in unflattering ways.
I'm hoping all the "Oh That Was Just a Lightning Bug"...yeah, just below the "low earth orbit exclusion zone", in freezing weather people who think you were "On Something" get the Anal Probe soon, Cartman Deluxe Edition too.
My kid gets lights flying through the forest on his trail cams, they are motion detectors on the snap a shot of whatever has been scraping and tearing up ground hoping for the "turdy point Buck" and he gets Zephyrs.
I have no idea what they are but I seriously doubt they are swamp gas here in the mountains, not ball lightning, I've seen it float through a room and then flash burn a hole in the wall when it makes contact. Like popping a balloon, except for the hole.
Baptist Preacher had one hit his bedstead headboard, he thought for a minute he was having a devine encounter with some angelic boogawooga, but it was Lucy Furr, shore nuff!
I'd tell ya a secret 'bout his missus, but that'd be outta school I figure.
You ain't unsane.
KthxBai!

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   

I have a problem with this part...

I researched online and others have seen this same thing.

Really? How so? Why not post those results of your research, here?

Instead, you immediately follow up with...

Has anyone else experienced this and do you have any explanations?

I'm not saying I don't believe you. This is just an extermely weak way to attempt to garner support.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Curious, I had the same experience some weeks ago! It was a clear sky night and was watching the stars from my studio. I have 3 windows next to each other so it provides a great view of the sky. I often look outside because the sight is just stunning. That night, I was watching a star in the east. I was wondering about it, because I hadn't seen it there ever and seemed out of place. Suddenly, it started moving to the right. Just like you said, OP, from that distance it had to be really fast. It was beautiful to watch, no sense of acceleration or deceleration. Just started to move at a seamlessly constant speed. All of the sudden, it just stopped and stood there again for about 15 minutes. Then, I noticed a slight movement to the left, but at a very little angle and it seemed to come a bit closer as the light grew a bit intenser. So it had thrust a bit forward towards earth. Then, another stop. After a while, I went to make a quick coffee, came back and it had just disappeared. Gutted!

Your thread got me thinking about this again. I'm sure it wasn't an optical illusion like a user suggested, the movement was too distinctive to be that. I was thinking it maybe was a satellite, but I wonder if they can make such quick changes in direction?

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Luminaught

What? Haha.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
YES! I've finally found someone who saw the exact same thing as my friend and I did last year. We were at the balcony staring at the sky having a beer and all of the sudden I saw a star falling, literally. It was up in the sky and suddenly started moving down as if it was falling. I told my friend to look but by the time I could show him where the falling star was, it had already disappeared from our view point. Then, about a couple minutes later, he was the one that told me to stare at a bunch of stars that according to him were moving, and they were!!!!! They looked exactly like stars but different from others because they moved! And fast.... (well, like someone here said, as fast as in the game pong, not fast like missiles I guess, they were moving relatively fast for their altitude but wasn't really fast like you see in some 'ufo videos' out there which objects seem to fly lightspeed) I remember seeing this one star that would 'lead' a group of other six or seven that would follow it everywhere. It was amazing seeing this. I had never seen anything like that before. The second sighting which happened a couple minutes later as I said, was much better than the first one that only I saw because it was actually a bunch of stars dancing around haha. It lasted for about six minutes and my friend and I kept staring at them the whole time as they were sort of drawing pictures or simply moving around randomly in the starred nightsky. I'm glad I found people who have had same experiences! I don't know what those 'stars' were but obviously weren't really stars. UFO's, maybe?
edit on 30-12-2011 by Roger Dat because: Correcting mispellings

edit on 30-12-2011 by Roger Dat because: Adding a bit of information

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Luminaught

Man what does this have to do with the topic we're on? I thought this was the topic of 'star-like UFO's'.
Not some long weird story about a magical squirrel who loves snakes lol.
edit on 30-12-2011 by Roger Dat because: Correcting mispellings

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   

I saw Jupiter blink. I was driving home from work about midnight, Wednesday, the 28th DEC, 2011. I am thinking there must have been a large black object fly in front of Jupiter such that from my point of view it blinked. There were no lights visible so it was not an earth aircraft. Could have been far out in space, no way to know.

To see strange things one only needs to look, up...
edit on 30-12-2011 by kawika because: We can do that; we don't even have to have a reason. All right, let's do the same thing, but with gophers -!

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by starchild10

Well a UFO is just something that is unidentified right?

Yup that's right, but people seem to think UFO means alien. I have no idea why

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Had a very similar experience about 15 years ago, i was in my back yard smoking a cigarette, it was in the summer at about 4am, I noticed a star that just looked a little odd, slightly yellow/orange tint to it but it wasnt moving so I just assumed it was a star. Then about 5 minutes later it started to move to the right, it would stop at times and then continue, it moved a long way to the right out of my sight and 5 minutes later it came back into view and was moving left, then it paused and disappeared while i was looking at it, no streak or trail, just gone, it was amazing. I hadn't been drinking or on any drugs either. Glad to see a lot of other people have seen this too.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evanzsayz
reply to post by starchild10

Well a UFO is just something that is unidentified right?

Yup that's right, but people seem to think UFO means alien. I have no idea why

The term UFO was coined by the Air Force when they couldn't ID craft that didn't/did appear on radar. So if the Air Force can't ID it , good chance is it is other worldly...Or super secret craft.

-SAP-
edit on 30-12-2011 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Well I had a similar expirience not so long ago. I went outside of my house for a nicotine break then looked into the low sky when I saw at first glance a very bright star, moving up n down, left to right, changing colors red, blue, bright yellow, when I couldn't believe I'm expiriencing my first UFO. I stood almost an hour staring. So I needed to look at WWT to see if there are anything I could hook up that thing with something.
And to my disappointment: SIRIUS.
But nevertheless it was so real.

OP thanks for sharing.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by SquirrelNutz

I have a problem with this part...

I researched online and others have seen this same thing.

Really? How so? Why not post those results of your research, here?

Instead, you immediately follow up with...

Has anyone else experienced this and do you have any explanations?

I'm not saying I don't believe you. This is just an extermely weak way to attempt to garner support.

What? Look on google, you'll see what I read. No one knows what it is. So I'm asking here, a forum *I* visit, with people who are INTO stuff like this. Why would I want to garner support? Look at the replies, reading about other people having this EXACT thing, trying to figure out what it might be. That's the purpose of this thread.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join