It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I saw a star moving...?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I'll have to watch the skies for this
not sure what it is but I think you saw something other than the obvious, it's hard to tell someone you know what it wasn't because they can only picture in their head stuff they have seen. Seems interesting good luck finding out.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by againuntodust

i have seen the same thing the object looked like a star it moved acroos the sky then stopped the damb thing blended in with the other stars i have spoke of this in another thread but it is my only UFO type exsperiance i will never forget it i wish these things would be explained to us some one somewhere knows what these are

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beldy
They would appear to move about in a random fashion being blown around by the upper level winds.

Not necessarily, and I'm sure the pilots on this forum will back me up on this. Whilst there can sometimes be lots of turbulence, that's not always the case, especially at high altitudes. Have you ever flown on a plane? Were there any signs of stormy (turbulent air) at the time when you saw your UFO?

Although air currents at "high" altitude can be strong, that does not necessarily equate to turbulence.

It's surprisingly hard to find a good "high altitude" example, but I did find this low altitude example, which is quite neat. Whilst it's nothing like your object (which IMO is likely balloons tied together), I'll bet this balloon gave rise to a few UFO sightings.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I'de love to share this one with all kind people:

www.teesdalemercury.co.uk...

The Wetherills said the UFO, which was shaped like a flying saucer, was dark on top but glowed underneath and made no sound.

I’m a realist, but I know what I saw and it was unbelievable.

“If I lived to 200 I would never see anything like it again,” Mr Wetherill said.

Mrs Wetherill, who is also convinced about what she saw, said the UFO had steel-like tentacles hanging down.

edit on 27-1-2012 by voyger2 because: quoting (:

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by C.H.U.D.

Thanks again for your response C.H.U.D. I'm pretty familiar with upper level winds and airplanes as I deal with airplane ops in my job.

However, I concede it could have been balloons, although I'm not convinced. I really don't know what it was. It was mysterious though and I enjoy mysterious stuff. I enjoy thinking about it and puzzling over it.

Thanks again.

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Beldy

You can be familiar with a subject, and it can still surprise you, as I have found on many occasions. The only real danger is thinking there is no more left to learn IMO

It's also worth keeping in mind that there are many aspects of our atmosphere that are still not fully understood. New and unusual phenomena are still being discovered - jumping sundogs for example was very recent, and its only been a few years since elves/sprites/gigantic-jets/etc were documented by science.

I think there will be plenty more to puzzle over for a while yet.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
One night on Feb 2012, i was sitting along the Swan river in Perth and decided to look at the stars. I swear i saw one star move horizontally in a very straight line towards the right (really fast)and ended up combining with another star. All this happened in about 5-6 seconds. I dont know what it was.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
One night on Feb 2012, i was sitting along the Swan river in Perth and decided to look at the stars. I swear i saw one star move horizontally in a very straight line towards the right (really fast)and ended up combining with another star. All this happened in about 5-6 seconds. I dont know what it was.

blade211

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Same issue..the whatever it is follows me to work. I have not seen it for several days. UFO?? Who knows..but I have noticed it..its really brighter than a star..and moves around..then goes back to same position. I made a report with MUFON.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I have seen something like this before, but it didn't go in circles, But i just dismissed it as something orbiting earth.

But now its making me think again that other people have seen the same thing.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Three nights ago I went camping in Geraldton at a place called cliffs edge. I was lying in my Swag (Aussie Water Proof Sleeping Bag) watching a perfect night sky with no light pollution. My GF was lying next to me. Looking up suddenly a bright star started to move and it slowly moved down, then up then it picked up pace. This thing must have been moving at 30k km and hour. We both looked at each other and said. that was a ufo wtf. Then another star appeared an hour later and started to move again not just in a straight line but up and down and around. It then got faster and got really bright and glowed and flashed like it was heating up and entering the atmosphere. The night after I was lying in the swag and the same thing happened again. This time it had a redder glow around it and it moved across the night sky then really took off. The second time this happened I grabbed my camera a 5d mkII with 24-105 f4 and I shot but I didn't have a tripod with me and wasn't setup right. I'm going back to shoot it with the tripod. People in the ATS forum trying to come up with justification that these are not UFOs, in many cases, should drive to the middle of no where and watch the sky. Light pollution hides the truth as much as the powers that be. I'd just put it to my fellow UFO truth seekers, for their private consideration, that there are UFOs entering our atmosphere more often than we think.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by blade211

Hey I'm from Perth also and saw these lights exactly the same. WA is a UFO hot spot I reckon.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Yes, I was observing the sky one night, watching the moon and next to it was what looked like a star. I observed them both for a good 10 minutes before the star decided it would start moving towards the moon, park behind the moon and stay there. I was expecting it to pop out the other side but it never did. to this day, I don't know what the hell I was looking at. It was intelligent though.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by COWHUNTER

The scary thing is that they can sit there like stars and unless they move or something, you would tell the difference. I was watching the Orionoid meteor shower last week and I swear I seen another one.. A very slow moving light at the top of Orion but I guess it could of been a slow moving meteor at the same time.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

Totally we sat there looking at thousands of stars in the sky in my swag and it was only after maybe half an hour at the right time one just started moving in different directions then zoomed really quickly across the sky and glowed like it was heating up entering the atmosphere. So glad I finally saw a UFO. Just been testing the 5d now taking it out to shoot some stars really soon.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy
The scary thing is that they can sit there like stars and unless they move or something, you would tell the difference..

Depends on your level of familiarity with the sky.
There an awfully large number of amateur astronomers who have spend so much time looking at the sky that they could INSTANTLY spot an extra or out of place star.

I'm no expert but can just instantly without thinking about it, know when I see a planet... because there is just no star of that brightness at that place in the sky.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Yeah people who are watching constantly would notice out of the ordinary things in the sky..But very weird, it was like it wanted you to see it move

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Yes, it was about 2:30 am and had just put my son back to bed after a nightmare. I was looking out and watched one star have four more come from it, equidistant from each other, the 4 new stars performed similar acrobatics for about a minute and they all shot off in different directions and disappeared. This happened about 2 weeks ago.

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
For the past year or so, thanks to the Occupy Movement really, I have met tons of people like myself who like camping in the woods, so I have been outside late at night more often than ever before...

Anyway, I have seen these things and even though I could always know what random things are (Google Sky helps) or logic to work it out... I simply can't explain these "star looking" UFO's.

It looks like a star, sure... but why is it moving? I have seen satellites moving around before and this is not a satellite, is not really the brightness that gives it away is the thickness of the source of the light, satellites look like small lights moving, a bit similar to planes really, but this looks much bigger and is just a single light, I would normally just think of the space station but there is no way that can move like this.

The best sighting I had was when one was coming from one direction for like 2-3 mins, it instantly stopped for like 5 seconds then it changed direction moving slower for like 20 seconds.... then it instantly stopped again for like 2 seconds before accelerating to unimaginable speed directly upwards towards the blackness of space... I even noticed that it seemed to stretch about twice it's length during the acceleration.

These things are out there and so many friends have seen them as well... there is no way it is a satellite, plane, reflection, meteor, asteroid, space junk, solar activity related, a planet, the moon or a moon of another planet, distant star, space station, weather balloon, helicopter.... doesn't leave much left, does it?

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   
this sounds completely insane.

i live in a rural area and i have excellent vision (and can ace a color blindness test). i am wondering if anyone else sees this, because its so faint i feel like its my imagination. pretty much any clear night in a dark rural area, when i lookat the largest and brightest stars, it looks like they are shooting tiny lights at eachother very rapidly. usually there are between 3 and 6 stars shooting at eachother. for a long time i thought it was an optical illusion, but if i see 2 stars doing it i can triangulate their beams to other bright stars i didnt see before. if it was some weird illusion, why would it point to something out of my line of sight?

if i get brave enough, i will spend a few weeks listing the actual stars if anyone is interested and wants to look for themselves. it looks like thin (almost spider-web thin) faint lines of very rapidly flashing light, predominantly of a pale whitish fuschia tone. if i can see dim stars i can see them. they never stop.

pure speculation here, if im not insane and what i see actually exists, it cant be any sort of spacecraft superhighway because they would be moving star to star in seconds. maybe communications signals?

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join