It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama administration secretly preparing options for aiding the Syrian opposition

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Obama administration secretly preparing options for aiding the Syrian opposition

As the violence in Syria spirals out of control, top officials in President Barack Obama's administration are quietly preparing options for how to assist the Syrian opposition, including gaming out the unlikely option of setting up a no-fly zone in Syria and preparing for another major diplomatic initiative.

No big surprise there.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
NOW they are preparing options?
I don't get it ... they rushed into Libya (where they had no business being) in order to 'save' civilian ... but they wait months and months and months to start planning options for Syria (which we have no business being in either)?? INCONSISTENT to say the least.

BTW .. a good administration would have had plans for dealing with each country and each option planned ahead of time .. not at the last hour like this.
It looks like amature hour.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Yeah and ive been seeing no-fly zones are imminent threads on here for months......

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I image that the tentativeness to moving swiftly on any plans regarding Syria has a lot to do with Syria's close ties to Iran. Libya had no friends of power, hence it was easy to get involved. That and the oil fields in Libya were ripe for the multinationals, who I think we all left right and center agree ultimately call the shots in much of the governments decision-making.

Obs out
edit on 29-12-2011 by observer because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join