It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you help a Lady with: Some Insight on 'Christian' behavior...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

not directed at anyone.. its based on a lifetime of experience in reply to the query by the op.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by occrest

When did I ever say I was HIS mentor? Never. I am not, lol. Your reading skills need brushing up on it seems.

HE is a MENTOR to OTHERS - People he talks disparagingly about behind their backs.

I am no one's mentor. I'm not held to the same standards as he (should) be.

Also, I did in fact 'call him out' on his foul mouth the moment it happened - as I've said before. Believe me, I have no problem confronting others but NOT to judge him, but to DEFEND the guy HE slandered.

My reason for asking for other people's opinions? So I get a better idea of how others might view the situation.
I'm not above taking a good close look at how I react to situations and possibly using information gained from others as a guide to how I should absorb or process information in the future. That's called growing and learning.

peace

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Is this funny to you? Rude? Reprehensible, talking that way behind someone's back like that? How would it make you feel if he was talking about YOU?

It's a bit rude, but we're kind of missing the TONE hear on the Internet also. There's a lot to that part of it.

Do you think the person would ever say these things to his ‘friends’ face? (NOT)!

If he's a guy, and they're good friends? Absolutely. Because, we guys are cool like that...we don't go vindictive behind each other's backs...and we usually do so in a joking manner (and you have to be able to take it, just as much as you dish it out).

My buddies make fun of my issues, I make fun of theirs, it's male bonding.

Now, if he said these things directly to another woman...THEN he's broken the Bro Code. (specifically, Part III, Article 116 which states.... )

116) A Bro shall not kill another Bro or that Bros’ chances to score with a chick.
edit on 30-12-2011 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Also, I did in fact 'call him out' on his foul mouth the moment it happened - as I've said before. Believe me, I have no problem confronting others but NOT to judge him, but to DEFEND the guy HE slandered.

I totally understand the feeling of wanting to defend someone who is being slandered, and accused of things before any proof they are true.

I also know what it feels like to be judged in anger for defending someone against slandering , and called many unkind things because of it.

I am learning and growing as well.... learning that prayer in the true love of the Holy Spirit is very powerful, and it is the Holy Spirit that actually makes someone see and repent of their wrong doings.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
reply to post by akushla99

Dear akushla99,

The subject is important and I take you very seriously, so I must admit I'm a little concerned by your response. Concerned because I do not understand it and I think understanding here is important. You mention non-personalization, may I try again?

At some point, everyone's deeds and "heart" are weighed. Some consequence for their "good" or "evil" will occur. It is not for any individual to make that judgment, we have not the power to do that.

Do you find the above statement, offensive, intolerant, in error, or in any other way unworthy? If you do, please explain it to me. And remember my signature "I'm not the sharpest bulb in the drawer."

With respect,
Charles1952

Thanx for the reply Charles1952. I do not find the last statement, in any way, offensive, intolerant or unworthy. Apologies if my response sounded as it it did to you...I make no judgement on my percieved sharpness or dullness of 'tools'...you may be the Buddha in disguise
...or a poet, who doesn't know it...

Cheers to you
Akushla

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Now see that's really interesting - the male bonding thing.

Yes, I'm learning!
Thank you for the insight.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join