It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama is Watching You ... DHS is Watching You

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by trustnothing
run across this one too in relation to datamining, U.S. Supreme Court Strikes Down Vermont Prescription Data Mining Law

"Armed with data about particular prescribers (doctor) and their prescribing habits, a pharmaceutical sales representative can more effectively target physician marketing and education efforts through the process known as “detailing.” This is the practice specifically that Vermont was seeking to limit."

www.uslawwatch.com...

Absolutely !

In fact, I know someone that works at the largest mail order prescription company.

They tell me that this company has current and past records on over ..... GET THIS...

100 million Americans !

All the drug store outfits are on the national system.

The bigger companies do phone targeting and drug brand name switching by contacting doctors without patient knowlege !

They get a fee for every "success hit".

This is happening.

It will get worse.

And how about all the data "theft" ?

It seems every time we hear about some big data breach of personal information,

we get slammed with ads that sell ID theft insurance

[color=cyan]5*

keep digging.

edit on Dec-29-2011 by xuenchen because:

edit on Dec-29-2011 by xuenchen because: we get burned at the stake, they eat steak and lobster

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bobaganoosh
I was just going to write a short story about an illegal immigrant who suffered a back strain using a drill, which caused him to collapse. While in recovery, he dreamed of a trojan warrior that could turn from human to animal. Then hewas awakened by the tv in his room, so he watched Virus, followed by Outbreak.

I think it would have been a good story, but now the thought of writing it scares me to death.

you my friend are obviously "on the list"

[color=cyan]2*

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen
How is watching what people say a violation of freedom of speech? I don't see the connection here.

If you don't want anyone to know it, you don't put it on the net. If you wouldn't shout it from the courthouse steps, then you shouldn't put it on the net.

The opposite can be said, that the government is actually listening to people's concerns.

But that takes away your excuse to flame them.

I wonder why people think they are so important that the government is using large amounts of resources to watch them.
edit on 29-12-2011 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

People unaware would be having a breach of privacy.

Its the internet, nothing is private. If people who use the internet don't know that by now, then it is their fault.

Not everyone is aware, many are innocent kids.

Why would the government care what kids have to say?

We can not assume.

But your assuming from some slanderous blog.

People who are aware may "voluntarily" be limiting their comments.

That "could" be a free speech violation..

Do you even know the exact parameters of freedom of speech? Or freedom of the press in some cases?

People censoring themselves over a hypothetical situation that the government is reading twitter is not a violation of free speech, lol.

And who says that it is DHS or the WH that is doing this? Other then the radical anti-obama crowd?
Any number of the alphabet agencies *could* be doing it.
But I am pretty sure that the people who these agencies are worried about, are not posting on twitter.

The genuine violation comes when what you say can and will be used against you.....even if they do not read your rights to you.

Exactly what rights are you referring too?

The use of the internet and your activity is regulated state by state. Some allow internet evidence, some don't.

Public internet forums and accounts do not guarantee an expectation of privacy !

No kidding.

That's the whole issue with "spying".

It is not spying if its a public forum. Just like your trash is open for scrutiny the moment it leaves your curb.

Do not assume all people know what you know or think.

Or use common sense apparently.

You have any idea how many companies collect that data and use it? It is reported constantly on the news what is trending, what people say, and they know it in minutes.

I would be more worried about how much the corporate conglomerate is using the information against you.

After the east coast earthquake, they immediately reported that a million or so comments were made on twitter about the earthquake being felt. It wasn't the government reporting it.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

If I didn't want other people to know what I was thinking i wouldn't post it in the first place.

Just dayin.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought
reply to post by havok

I liked your analogy. It's spot on.
"But, ... but, ... how can we be friends in real life if we aren't friends in cyberspace?"

I think only an X class flare will get people away from Facebook.

Can you or anyone explain to me why MySpace didn't catch on like Facebook has? I wasn't on MySpace either, but I knew people who were and I don't understand why Facebook crushed MySpace when they were basicly the same thing. Was MySpace a test?

edit on 29-12-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen
reply to post by nixie_nox

The opposite can be said, that the government is actually listening to people's concerns.

But that takes away your excuse to flame them.

The only way to determine that is to ask direct questions about issues.

You think the only way to mine data is to ask people questions?

They are not doing that.

Ok, so people are volunteering all kinds of information on the net, your worried that the government is watching and mining the information, yet the only way they can get information is to ask people questions, which would mean that the original information is useless, so why would the government mine it?

Which brings me back to the original point. Why would the government care that 20,000 people claim to be abducted by aliens, when people have been claiming this for a century before the internet even came along.

It could also be coersion.

Your concern is that the government is spying on twitter, and no one knows about it, but now the government who know one knows is spying on them, is using coersion?

Again, most people have no idea what this is.

Because it doesn't exist, lol.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

I'm truly sorry you don't see the dangers here.

I hope you can see the problem later.

Good Luck.

Please reconsider your positions.

I hope you won't become an innocent victim.

Just stay safe.

Thanks anyway, your opinions are fine.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by 46ACE

Bebo was huge and was pretty straight forward.

Myspace was huge too but took a bit of tech savvy to get looking nice, eg you had to create html or get skins from somewhere and import the code into your page in editor mode.

Facebook came along and everything was in your face, for instance the news feed. People are nosy so this appealed to them such is human nature. This is basically how Facebook changed peoples habits.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Security's Top 4 Social Engineers Of All Time

www.darkreading.com...

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
One of the terms in the OP was "human to animal." I was curious about this term, and thought perhaps it was code for some kind of covert drug operation or hip Twitter terminology for having a grenade launcher in one's gym locker -- so I searched it.

One of the few results that I found made me want to hurl. Then it made me laugh. And now I am just shaking my head at the apparent corner that the Senate recently painted themselves into.

US Senate legalises human to animal sex

In a move that is likely to harm the United States government’s relations with African countries, a US Senate at the weekend approved a bill that will make legal under military law sex between human beings and animals, while also legalising sodomy.

The bill which won a 93-7 motion automatically triggers the repealing of a statute that barred acts of sexual contact between people of the same sex...

In the United Sates, Family Research Council President, Tony Perkins, said the effort to remove sodomy from military law stems from liberal Senate Democrats’ and President Obama’s support for removing the military’s Don’t Ask Don’t Tell policy.

‘It’s all about using the military to advance this administration’s radical social agenda,’ Perkins told CNSNews.com. ‘Not only did they overturn ‘Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell,’ but they had another problem, and that is, under military law sodomy is illegal, just as adultery is illegal, so they had to remove that prohibition against sodomy.’ Perkins said removing the bestiality provision may have been intentional-or just ‘collateral damage.’

So, what's the deal? Is the US Government so deeply embarrassed at having to declare a US citizen's having sex with the neighbor's Weimaraner legal that they'll now put you on a list for tweeting about it?

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by graceunderpressure

it also has to do with this;

www.abovetopsecret.com...

part of that controversial NDAA legislation.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Governments have ALWAYS done this, it is just now it is easier with FB & Twitter.

Look @ all the tentacles Hoover had put out.

Carnivore.

How many of the Space Shuttle launches were classified? What do you think they were launching, satellites to keep the bankrupt & former USSR in check?

The fact that people are getting dumber is what is making it easier for TPTB to keep tabs on them.

I have an FB account, I never put on there anything that I've done and the pics uploaded are only by request of friends to see my animals. I do snark as much as possible on FB and I have no fear of running my yap. NO government will cause me to cower in fear, NO government as I was born with liberty.

Derek

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I am gonna plaster all those words on my FB page LOL. My family will be like WTF?

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by DJDigitalGem

LOL thats what I was going to do! Followed by up yours DHS!

Anyhow I wonder if DHS has the man power to monitor all this stuff 24 hours a day, does it route through echelon or say china?

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
First, who friggin' cares. Don't be so afraid/paranoid of big brother/sister! Second, there are LOTS of dummies/psychos online using alleged "key" phrases/words they do NOT fully understand. Ingrish might NOT be the primary/first language. Third, watching activities online is one thing. But assuming what is going in with thoughts/notions of dummies/psychos can be rather [fill in your favorite phrases/words here]. [/end thinking]

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Here's what I posted on FB......

It was recently reported by the US Justice Department that there was an OUTBREAK of ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS carrying DRILLS and infected with an unknown STRAIN of the flu VIRUS. The FDA has also reported that RECOVERY may be possible if you have a more mild STRAIN of the VIRUS. The number of DEATHS this may cause could cause Mexico's drug cartels to COLLAPSE. In lighter news, the US is trying to pass a law saying if you wear a TROJAN, you can have HUMAN TO ANIMAL..... Well, I'd rather not say....

**All of the words in BOLD are on a new, secret, government witch hunt list. They are using fake Facebook and Twitter accounts to scan for these words. Come and get me!!! ROTFL**

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   

LOL, but thats false and some nut job is gonna take you seriously or worse yet, the DHS is going to arrest you for telling a monumental fib.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by trustnothing

I never joined Facebook or Twitter...and I am glad I didn't. I keep in touch with people the old fashioned ways....telephone calls (where I actually speak to a person) and letter writing...where I actually write a letter and mail it.

However....I am sure they have other ways of knowing what I am up to...if they so wish. I am sure they are bored though!...lol...

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   

You got me thinking though.

We could string these words into a more realistic scenario of a false flag event that is planned.

Like say for instance, Al Qaeda is using Illegal immigrants to smuggle drugs and weapons across the border. These terrorists are plotting to spread a virus, through human to animal contact. Meanwhile there is a nasty trojan that threatens a US financial collapse, the ensuing violence coupled with a outbreak of a deadly strain of the h1n1 would result in millions dead. FEMA and Homeland Security will be doing disaster preparedness drills in the coming weeks in which they will practice a quarantine of an entire city to stop the spread of the deadly virus.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
sorry i couldnt resist

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join