It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huntsman throws in his two cents and labels Ron Paul...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Unelectable...

WOW...here is a Congressman who has won many elections and all of a sudden he cannot get elected to anything...

Thanks for letting us know Mr. Huntsman...(p.s. WE DO NOT AGREE WITH YOU and neither do the caucus voters in Iowa)

firstread.msnbc.msn.com...

On his first day back on the trail since Christmas, former Utah governor Jon Huntsman stepped far beyond the boundaries of his usually polite stump speech to repeatedly slam Ron Paul as "unelectable" because of "out there" views on foreign policy.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Reply to post by jeichelberg

All I can say to that is if Ron Paul is unelectable what does that make huntsman??? He is lower on the polling totem pole.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   
A lot of people are throwing around the term "isolationist" when referring to Ron Paul. It's just another dirty political tactic. He's non-interventionist, which I really appreciate.

But... so, Ron Paul's opponent says he unelectable... Is this really news? I mean, what is he supposed to say? "Ron Paul is the guy for the job"???

I haven't looked into Huntsman seriously yet, but if Paul doesn't get the nom, I think Huntsman might be my second choice for the GOP candidate. More research is needed.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   
How electable is someone at 6% in the polls?

Huntsman is trying to be relevant. He's failed.

/TOA
edit on 29-12-2011 by The Old American because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
if unelecatble means that you aren't getting elected by your banker buddies like the rest of the GOP and Obama is but rather elected by the people then so be it.

Time for the people to rise up and take back this country!

RON PAUL 2012!!!

edit on 29-12-2011 by krossfyter because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
He's right in terms of a general election.

Face it, Paul can maybe pull out a primary win or two. That's easier to accomplish when the voters are all conservatives. But a general election? When the only way to win is to somehow appease the far right AND appeal to the center? Sorry, but the average American voter isn't going to pull the lever for Paul.

We're talking about an electorate who voted for Bush TWICE.

I'm not knocking Paul here. Just being realistic.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by jeichelberg
WE DO NOT AGREE WITH YOU

Who is we??? Mouse in pocket???

the majority does not agree with you...
in fact, in the real world, ron paul supporters are pretty rare...

polls do not count with ron paul...
before you get upset, let me explain it to you...

Lets say CNN runs a poll...
This poll is supposed to relect the opinion of CNN viewers...

Ron Paul fans, rally everyone, and let them know, today, we need to vote in CNN poll... (i.e. most of his voters are not CNN viewers), so he has effectively made the poll null..
Other candidates no not do this... They let the poll do its job... They do not manipulate it...

Not to mention the fact that his policies show a complete ignorance of history, and would slowly enslave the working class...

He hides behind the constitution... He cannot defend his policies, other than "thats what the constitution says"

In fact, I would dare to say that Ron Paul supporters are a minority on ATS! Ron Paul supporters are vocal, most other people just roll their eyes and look elsewhere...

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by jtap66
He's right in terms of a general election.

Face it, Paul can maybe pull out a primary win or two. That's easier to accomplish when the voters are all conservatives. But a general election? When the only way to win is to somehow appease the far right AND appeal to the center? Sorry, but the average American voter isn't going to pull the lever for Paul.

We're talking about an electorate who voted for Bush TWICE.

I'm not knocking Paul here. Just being realistic.

Ron Paul does pull more voters from polar opposites than any other candidate.

Democrats and Republicans. Liberals and Conservaties.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Jon Huntsman for POTUS .... and cross over with Bill Richardson for Vice POTUS.

Since I probably won't get that option to vote for in 2012 ... I probably won't be voting.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by baphomet420

We, the people who understand the need for real change, and are voting for Ron Paul. If that makes me and the rest, "mice," in your view, then so be it...as far as the pocket issue, it is apparent the reason we are voting are voting for Ron Paul is the the fact other candidates are already in the pocket of big business, war machines, and other corporate interests...

Are we in the minority? I do not think you really believe this or you would not have even bothered to reply to this post...Same for Huntsman and all the other candidates...MINORITY candidates are not even addressed....Ron Paul supporters are not in the minority and the reason is his positions on the issues reflect the VAST MAJORITY of the American People...

Understand yet?

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by jeichelberg

I'll understand it more clearly when actual poll numbers reflect your "reality". As it stands, a bunch of Ron Paul disciples all sit here and praise him in what amounts to an echo chamber, leading to an erroneous belief that Paul has a mass appeal that frankly doesn't exist.

Of course, instead of looking at the many polls that reflect this, everyone simply claims that the polls are part of this big, nefarious plot to sink Paul.

Again, I'm not bashing Paul here. I'm just looking at the big picture as it actually exists.

Paul is third in the national polls AMONGST REPUBLICANS. (Don't get me started on the "maverick" Paul still being wedded to the GOP.) If you can't even win a popularity contest amongst your own flock, how are you going to win one against the huge swath of centrist America?

Heck, poll after poll shows that NONE of this crop of GOP hopefuls can beat Obama.

Please, support your guy. Best of luck to you. Like I said, I'm just being realistic here.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
It appears that the caucus voters have intimated that Ron Paul is more "electable" than John Huntsman.... imagine that.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Both Huntsman and Richardson are good moderate cabinet choices however.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by baphomet420

reply to post by jtap66

I must agree completely with both of you. As it stands now, I think Paul supporters are very vocal and organized minority... and are voting in every poll they can get their hands on, effectively skewing the results. I don't think Paul will win in Iowa, but if he does... Mike Huckabee won Iowa in the last election, so it's not really a good predictor of anything other than good organization.

I think Ron Paul is electable. But I don't think it's going to happen. Will be an interesting year.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
All of these Ron Paul posts will disappear when Ron Paul drops out of the race half way through the primaries and he will complain about something being corrupt the supporters will listen. A few posts will remain on here for a week or two and then will get buried just like the Elenin threads except there will be a fury of threads popping up spouting out exactly whatever excuse Ron Paul claimed happened to him during the election. No conspiracy here, it's just reality. Ron Paul can't win. But it is funny to see the MSM decide weather he is an actual candidate or not

I agree with Huntsman and for those bashing Huntsman, he could be the Dark Horse the majority of the country besides for New Hampshire hasn't seen yet. Rick Santorum? I like the guy, but he really needs to do the Joel Osteen thing and get out of politics!

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77
All of these Ron Paul posts will disappear when Ron Paul drops out of the race half way through the primaries and he will complain about something being corrupt the supporters will listen. A few posts will remain on here for a week or two and then will get buried just like the Elenin threads except there will be a fury of threads popping up spouting out exactly whatever excuse Ron Paul claimed happened to him during the election. No conspiracy here, it's just reality. Ron Paul can't win. But it is funny to see the MSM decide weather he is an actual candidate or not

I agree with Huntsman and for those bashing Huntsman, he could be the Dark Horse the majority of the country besides for New Hampshire hasn't seen yet. Rick Santorum? I like the guy, but he really needs to do the Joel Osteen thing and get out of politics!

Why cant he win... Give me a detailed explanation..

thanks

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by ker2010
Why cant he win... Give me a detailed explanation..

thanks

Four words, string them together for yourself.

masses

the

fools

are

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
His foreign policy is an issue for him.

I like his foreign policies....it is the one thing I like about him. I bet most Democrats love his foreign policy, but it is 100% opposite of mainstream Republican thought.

Ron Paul is like three people in one...a Conservative on some domestic issues, A Libertarian on some domestic issues, and a Liberal on foreign policy issues.

So he can only get the vote of people who are die hards about the the issues they agree with Ron Paul on and are willing to just write off the other things they are 100% disagree with him about.

I'm not willing to do that...I'm not willing to accept his very very wrong and dangerous (IMO) domestic policies just because I like his foreign policies.

And I don't think I'm alone, I think there are many Republicans that just won't ever support him because his foreign policy and there are many Independent and Democrats that will never support him because of his domestic policies.

He is polarizing and non-compromising...so I don't believe he is going to have wide success at attracting people to support him.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by ker2010

You can find DETAILED explanations already on ATS and the ones that say all of the problems associated with Ron Paul is just disinfo propaganda, well wasn't that what the Obama supporters were saying in 2008? Now we are beginning to see that he is a communist by the very dialogue he is putting forth in his speeches. "Capitalism never worked..." "I am the fourth best President..." Obama is a joke and so will be Ron Paul. Ron Paul just hides it better.

The Ron Paul bashing threads are usually buried by all of the Ron Paul supporting propaganda tho and it's a shame other candidates are not given as much attention or praise here. I've heard many members say that anyone is better than Obama so where's the love for people like Huntsman?

edit on 29-12-2011 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

I believe you are drastically ignorant of what actually comprises a Republican voter...Republican voters are not what you believe them to be...I know of very few Republicans that actually supported the concepts of Bush/Hannity/Rush...they found themselves prisoner to these concepts of what these fools and traitors to the party ideals had perpetrated since the shooting of Reagan...Bush the First commenced the wholesale sell-out toward a Fascist regime...Republicans are getting SICK of it...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join