It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Soldiers shot dead by Afghan soldiers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Two soldiers with the French Foreign Legion serving in Afghanistan were on Thursday shot dead by a man wearing an Afghan army uniform, the French presidency said.

The next quote really makes me angry:

"This isolated incident does not in any way call into question the transition process aimed at handing over security responsibilities to the Afghan National Army," France's Defence Minister Gerard Longuet said.

The previous quote is a crock of #!

Earlier this year, there have been 2 seperate incidents whereby Australian soldiers have been killed by Afghan soldiers and 1 incident where 9 Australian soldiers were wounded.
This raises the question if the transition process could be met, and in my opinion it is a no. So much have i heard the leaders of the respective countries say that the transition process will work regardless of what the ANA soldiers are doing.
www.google.com...
edit on 29-12-2011 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Forget what pisses you off and think of the cause of why their shooting people who are dictating how to live their lives.

We have and never have had a reason to invade their country, train there army's and at the very least, get pissed off when they shoot our invading troops.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by n00bUK
Forget what pisses you off and think of the cause of why their shooting people who are dictating how to live their lives.

We have and never have had a reason to invade their country, train there army's and at the very least, get pissed off when they shoot our invading troops.

They still have their own government albeit corrupt, most allied soldiers are over there training them. I agree wholeheartedly that we shouldn't be over there!

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

I feel sorry for our troops, i really, honestly do. They think they are doing good but in reality they are troops of tyrants, not the people.

I understand the pain you feel and anger you show, but this common mistake of who it should be aimed at needs to be stopped.

Our media show us this so that the sheeple can have more hate towards people who dont deserve it. Just like our "patriots" they have theirs, as much as their willing to do the only thing their able to do to take the invading army another step back, our "patriots" would do the same. We're just tools. brake free from this anger.

Much love x

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

Yeah mate, i agree. The soldiers that go over don't have a choice, they are the pawns on a chess board. They go over there because they are ordered to do so, and in the end, nothing good comes from it. The defending
country(ies) and their respective civilians/soldiers get killed,abused, and the same goes for the invading troops. In the end the only people that reap the benefits are the higher ups.

Oh and by the way, i wasn't necessarily angry at the soldiers, but the Defence minister who totally disregarded the lives of the Legionnaires stating that the incident doesn't affect the transitional moment that will occur in the future. It is evident that the soldiers are not cared for on both sides of the war

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital
reply to post by n00bUK

Yeah mate, i agree. The soldiers that go over don't have a choice, they are the pawns on a chess board. They go over there because they are ordered to do so, and in the end, nothing good comes from it. The defending
country(ies) and their respective civilians/soldiers get killed,abused, and the same goes for the invading troops. In the end the only people that reap the benefits are the higher ups.

Oh and by the way, i wasn't necessarily angry at the soldiers, but the Defence minister who totally disregarded the lives of the Legionnaires stating that the incident doesn't affect the transitional moment that will occur in the future. It is evident that the soldiers are not cared for on both sides of the war

" It is evident that the soldiers are not cared for on both sides of the war"

We can make them see this, we just need to flood boards with these kind of messages and we will be making little but much needed progress.

Thanks for sharing this info friend x

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

No worries mate

The world needs to wake up and see what really occurs behind the scenes that the media isn't telling us.Every action is influenced by another, so when a terrorist attack happens (in this point the killing of soldiers) who really is to blame? The generals and leaders of government, that's who. The soldiers who are the pawns are following the orders from superiours blindly because most the time that is what they are forced/told to do, while the actions they cause, results in other, bigger tragedies.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
let me guess these soldiers were invading Afghanistan right? they got what they deserved. if the afghanistan soldiers invaded U.S. soil, and were shot dead, would you have the same remorse? brain washed fool. nationality doesn't matter, only the death of a human being.
edit on 29-12-2011 by Rekrul because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

"This isolated incident does not in any way call into question the transition process aimed at handing over security responsibilities to the Afghan National Army," France's Defence Minister Gerard Longuet said.

I have to agree that FDM Longuet's statement is ... well it's incorrect. Moreover, I can't be certain that his comment does not derive from ignorance, but suspect that his statement is aimed at expressing positive spin.

Ironically, there's nothing quite like cold, clinical appraisement of the situation to undo ungained gains--it's too instructive. So take, for instance, 19 September 2006: Dudes with an American flag patch on their left shoulders ventured from Tagab proper to Alisay (region controlled by French and PRT where the events in the OP took place) for an Afghan powwow. Not surprisingly, however, the meet-up was cut short by unfriendly movements throughout the valley and resulted in an unscheduled timeline for departure. Long story short they spent the next five to six hours fighting thru prepositioned ambush sites, and the kicker here is that ~1/4 of the unfriendlies wore ANP (Afghan National Police) uniforms.

Isolated incident? That's just one example of what goes unreported.

new topics

top topics

join