It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God's seventh-day Sabbath: Its not Sunday.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
yeah its saturday-.....they needed a day to clean the nuclear powered mana machine stolen from Egypt along with the Ark they got from the pyramid.....lol

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
believe these give strong clue in determining what best represents the Sabbath

But do not think I will accuse you before the Father. Your accuser is Moses, on whom your hopes are set.
John5

Is the law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law.
Galatians3

Again, he limiteth a certain day, saying in David, To day, after so long a time; as it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts.For if Jesus had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day. There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God. For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief. For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
Hebrews4

beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.
2Peter3

And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
Revelation20
edit on 29-12-2011 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
This book is a work of man and...men make mistakes, tell lies and therefore unable to preserve an accurate account of history.

In this begining supposedly recorded in Genesis g-d lies and the snake tells the truth.
eve and adam eat the apple and do not die and are declared to be like gods. READ IT YOURSELVES AND EXAMINE.

Ezekiel chapter 8 describes a vision where an angel transports the supposed author to the temple to see the idolatry which takes place there among the priesthood.

g-d in hebrew means luck and was not used for the name of the deity by the hebrews even up to today the jews will refer to the deity as Ha-Shem whichs means "the name" and will write g-d and avoid using the word god.

This book has been compiled, rewritten, resorted, retranslated using politics and mass acceptance as guidelines to preserve its marketability so much that IT CANNOT BE TRUSTED anymore than the men who recite from it and then appear in the headlines the next day for breaking laws.

A great addition to any museum, a great tool to keep the masses from killing the powers that be, scares your kids into being good a little bit and gives hope to the sick and the death row inmates waiting.

Not good enough for me.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I believe Revelations 12 thru 14 is identifying who Gods people are and the wisdom and knowledge Gods people understand. many times does these 3 chapters repeat:

source: Bible Gateway

Rev 14: 9 A third angel followed them and said in a loud voice: “If anyone worships the beast and its image and receives its mark on their forehead or on their hand, 10 they, too, will drink the wine of God’s fury, which has been poured full strength into the cup of his wrath. They will be tormented with burning sulfur in the presence of the holy angels and of the Lamb. 11 And the smoke of their torment will rise for ever and ever. There will be no rest day or night for those who worship the beast and its image, or for anyone who receives the mark of its name.” 12 This calls for patient endurance on the part of the people of God who keep his commands and remain faithful to Jesus

or Rev 14:7 He said in a loud voice, “Fear God and give him glory, because the hour of his judgment has come. Worship him who made the heavens, the earth, the sea and the springs of water.” (Why is this quote of Exedus 10 commandments given to identify the sabbath or who to rest into?)

or Rev 12: 17 Then the dragon was enraged at the woman and went off to wage war against the rest of her offspring—those who keep God’s commands and hold fast their testimony about Jesus. (again, those who Keep Gods commandments and the testimony of Christ!)

And if you say we are no longer under the commandments, does that mean I can now commit adultery with your wife, or can I now steal from you, or can I kill you? What difference is keeping the sabbath any differnt from using the Lords name in vein, or worshipping false idols. Revelations gives a Key to understand who Gods remnant people are and who the devil will wage war against!
edit on 29-12-2011 by Alchemst7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Sun worship infiltrated the Israelite faith along with other paganisms and now stand today as accepted behavior.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by byteshertz

Dear byteshertz,

For the record I myself am not Christian, and agree with the previous poster that the bible is being taken far too literally. But I have read the Bible enough to be left scratching my head when you say that as a Christian one is not bound by Law, when the Bible makes it very clear that in God's eyes we are bound by law unless it contradicts God's word.

You misunderstand what I wrote. The verses you quoted referred to legal authority, my reference was to the religious laws, the laws that Jesus came to fulfill not the laws against jay walking. Jesus protested legalistic thinking not the government.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Lee78

The Sabbath is only a Saturday or Sunday sometimes...
...because the original Sabbath was determined by a Lunar calendar...
...where the first day after a New Moon was called New Moon day...
...followed by six days of work and a seventh day rest or Sabbath...
...so the Sabbaths fell on day 8, 15, 22, 29 of each month..
...until the New moon was sited again and the succession of Lunar 'weeks' continued for the new month (moonth).

Jewish sources support a Lunar weeky Sabbath...

“Sabbath and New Moon (Rosh Hodesh), both periodically recurring in the course of the year. The New Moon is still, and the Sabbath originally was, dependent upon the lunar cycle” (Universal Jewish Encylopedia, 410.)

“The Israelites . . . made the Sabbath the feasts of a living and holy God. The work of man became symbolic of the work of God, and human rest of divine rest, so that the Sabbaths became preeminently days of rest. Since, moreover, the LUNAR MONTH had 29 or 30 days, the normal lapse of time between Sabbaths was six days, although sometimes seven or eight; and six working days were accordingly assigned to the creation, which was to furnish a prototype for human life. The connection of the Sabbath with lunar phases, however, was [later] discarded by the Israelites . . . .” (The New Schaff-Herzog Religious Encyclopedia, 135-136.)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by AQuestion
reply to post by Lee78

Dear Lee78,

Tradition says that the Jews are correct and the sabbath is Saturday. If you are a Christian, what does it matter? You are not bound by the law, you also don't have to circumcise your children. If you are a Christian, you are dead to the law and it is dead to you, worry about being of service if you are a Christian. Peace.

Jesus didn't abolish the old law..he fullfilled it. That means they are in fact still in effect, just that he paid the price for our failure once and for all and it is still his will for us to obey they law so we do not become lawless. The pharisees got onto Jesus for healing a man on the sabbath too, but he did it anyway. Indeed we are to be a servant to others as he was a servant to us. The jews can be covered by the messiah as well, all they have to do is accept him, same for muslim, same for all people across the world (but please, not Roman Catholicism, thats a religion of idolatry), believe in Jesus and his teachings do not believe in the Pope and his teachings, the Pope means "Father" which Jesus forbade any man to claim to be.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Lee78

The Greek names for the days of the week show that Saturday is the seventh day of the week. Monday, Tuesday, Wendesday and Thursday are literally called "Second [day]", "Third", "Fourth" and "Fifth" respectively, Friday is called "Preparatory [day]" and Sunday "Day of The Lord".

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by FlyersFan

The earth wasn't created in 7 days. There was no Adam and Eve.

What about the people who can trace their family lineage back to Adam? Do those folks now cease to exist?

Lol, nobody can do that. I'd be surprised if anyone nowadays knows who they were decended from passed 200 years ago. As far as i can go back is 1000 years and my ancestors were welsh and Irish and i suspect my ancestors may have been Celts and possibly Briton tribes when the Romans occupied England. Alot of knowledge was lost during the dark ages after the fall of the Roman empire as reading and writing became outlawed in the feudal system. Thats how the Roman Catholic Church took power over europe while they polluted christianity with their paganism and idol worship. No one could challenge them because not very many people could read much less write.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Sunday comes from Mithraic tradition and the worshipping the sun god Mithras. Like so much of Christianity, the Sunday sabbath was borrowed from Pagan traditions. I'm not looking to turn this into another 30 page debate on the comparisons between Christianity and Pagan religions so I'll leave this one comment and let the ATS search engine, and the many internet search engines do the explaining for me.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
Not true, the OT accounts are littered with genealogies where the OT authors traced their own lines back to Adam. You're arguing from ignorance.

The ignorance is in believing those are accurate genealogies.
Like I said, it's impossible because records were not kept. And if you believe the OT genealogies accounts then the world would be 6,000 years old. And it definately isn't. What you see in the OT is MADE UP by people to make their own family history more important. It is IMPOSSIBLE for them to be accurate. Completely and utterly impossible. Sorry.

Wow, now the insults come out, quite telling, thank you. Do you have anything to offer as proof that the given geneologies are incorrect as currently written? Or is that statement justg your prejudicial arbitrary conjecture?

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by eeks4
good topic and question..i have learned that the sabbath is on a Saturday...if you read when jesus died,when the preparation of his body was you might see..i think that no one could prep his body on the day of rest..dont know..

Jesus took his last breath on Passover, before dusk which was why the jews were in such a hurry to put him in a tomb so he wouldn't defile the passover feast. He died on a Friday about April 3rd, 33 A.D. at about 3 pm (ish), and sabbath is from the evening of friday to the evening of saturday, so they would have had him in the tomb before sundown, whatever time that would have been (hard to know with all the damned time changes).

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by FugitiveSoul
Sunday comes from Mithraic tradition and the worshipping the sun god Mithras. Like so much of Christianity, the Sunday sabbath was borrowed from Pagan traditions. I'm not looking to turn this into another 30 page debate on the comparisons between Christianity and Pagan religions so I'll leave this one comment and let the ATS search engine, and the many internet search engines do the explaining for me.

What is your deal with Mithra? Nobody i know was ever under the misconception Sunday was ever the sabbath, the bible clearly states it is the sixth day, not the seventh. You need to stop talking about Mithra, your obsession with the pagan god is an act of worship.
edit on 29-12-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sparky63
The Jews "day" ran from sunset to sunset. The 7th day of the week for them was sunset on Friday to sunset on Saturday. However this is a moot point if you are a Christian because of the following scriptures:

Rom. 10:4: “Christ is the end of the Law, so that everyone exercising faith may have righteousness.”

Sabbath keeping was a part of that Law. God used Christ to bring that Law to its end. Our having a righteous standing with God depends on faith in Christ, not on keeping a weekly sabbath.

Col. 2:13-16: “[God] kindly forgave us all our trespasses and blotted out the handwritten document against us, which consisted of decrees and which was in opposition to us . . . Therefore let no man judge you in eating and drinking or in respect of a festival or of an observance of the new moon or of a sabbath.”

It seems clear that an approved standing with God no longer requires observance of the sabbath requirement given to Israel.

edit on 12/29/2011 by Sparky63 because: formatted post

No, no, don't use those verses, the Sabbath consecration happened before the law. Romans 14 is the chapter you want to source for Christians under the new covenant.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Who cares? The "infallible" god changes his mind so much that no one can keep straight what's a sin and what isn't. This was bad in the OT, but is okay in the NT, these laws will cause you to get stoned in this time, but Jesus says it's okay during his time.

If you're an atheist, none of this matters. If you're religious, you likely pray everyday anyway, so the Sabbath is a moot point. No real religious person would be caught dead in a church on Sunday or Saturday. They are havens of the wicked and greedy, and the bible itself states that men should stay out of churches and pray in the quiet of their own homes with their shades drawn away from the hypocrites.

The Abrahamic Religions are a dying thing, people are leaving churches and temples in droves, and thank God. Maybe spirituality will make a comeback and we can forget about man's interference with matters of the spirit.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
The Sabbath date is as meaningless today as is tithing. Jews don't even pay tithing. You are referring to the pre-Jesus period when you discuss the Sabbath. Tithing and Sabbath are legalistic teachings of churches that want to put their congregations on a guilt trip. A guilt trip gets more devotion from followers who are willing to do works to earn their way into heaven, trying to be righteous.

Isaiah said there is none righteous, no not one. The New Testament, particulary Romans, shows the futility of a person trying to be righteous. You are saved by your faith in Jesus, not by works, lest any man should boast. Put your faith in Jesus, and forget about trying to obey every rule and commandment. He did that in your place.

Just accept the good news. You sin. You will sin again. Jesus paid for those sins, including your failure to keep a Sabbath.

Put your faith in Jesus, not in your own works, and avoid the legalistic teachings of religions who want to dominate your life with guilt. That's not the good news. Jesus brought us relief from the condemnation of not keeping the commandments....see Romans 8:1, for example. There is now therefore no condemnation for those of us in Christ Jesus.

Jesus said "My yoke is easy, my burden is light." He would not have said that if He thought you would be under the law.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
It is a conspiracy in a way.

Ellen White (SDA) claimed the pope (Syvester I) changed the day from Saturday to Sunday, (from a vision of hers) and stated that those who keep the Pope's Sabbath will receive the Mark of the Beast. See details from Seventh Day Adventist sites.

BUT

It has been challenged that no one can find documented proof of this claim (thus claiming White was a false prophet). There is a lot of information and history out there, interesting reading.

Other information claim the apostles changed the date because Sunday was the day Jesus rose.

The Bible does prophesy that Satan would try to change dates and times - one reason why so many want to know if it was properly changed and what that can mean...

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
In the development of the faith that I experience, I found it logical and beneficial to have 1/7th of my time dedicated to betterment of my self and rest, whereby I don't drink, watch TV, or really go anywhere. It's an up-time that's helped open my mind and heart to God. I do keep a Sabbath and it's from sundown fri to sundown sat. I think a 24 hour period to relax one's mind and open up one's spirit can generally be a beneficial situation. Here's a strange tidbit, in spanish saturday is Sabado, similar sounding to sabbath. also look at calendars, which day of the entire week is first, Sunday, which also correlates to what happened on the first day of the creation story, when God created light. But im no theology expert, just my two cents.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
It kills me, all of you so called "religious bible quoting" folks are arguing with each other, if the Bible was inspired by god, there would be one interpretation. No one can define god, no one can prove god, get over it. How are a bunch of desert dwelling humans from 6000 years ago smarter than scientist today? Think I will go sacrifice a black bull to jupiter to protect all of your souls.
edit on 12/29/2011 by BubbaJoe because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join