God's seventh-day Sabbath: Its not Sunday.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Was it 7th Day Adventist? Those people go around saying everyone is going to hell if they don't go to church on Saturday instead of Sunday.

Don't listen to any SDA nonsense, they apparently can't read the verse in the OT where God tells people not to leave their homes on the Sabbath.

"Each of you stay where you are; do not leave your place on the seventh day" ~ Exodus 16:29

The Sabbath is a day of rest, period. God deserves and demands worship every day of the week, not just one.

edit on 29-12-2011 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Lee78

After the birth and death and resurrection of Christ, everyday is the Sabbath. Christ was the law made flesh and His life and words are the living model of what is pleasing to God. A follower of Christ is keeping the sabbath daily .

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
What about the people who can trace their family lineage back to Adam?

Nobody can trace their family lineage back to Adam.

1 - Because the earth isn't 6,000 years old and there was no Adam.
2 - Because records weren't kept like that.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by CherubBaby

Correct, the Sabbath was made for man, not man made for the Sabbath. We rest in Christ continually now, He is our Sabbath rest.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

What about the people who can trace their family lineage back to Adam?

Nobody can trace their family lineage back to Adam.

1 - Because the earth isn't 6,000 years old and there was no Adam.
2 - Because records weren't kept like that.

Not true, the OT accounts are littered with genealogies where the OT authors traced their own lines back to Adam. You're arguing from ignorance.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
We are all dependent on what the Apostles and first Christians held
dear and passed on to us. How silly to think they didn't know which
day of the week they assembled to worship God.

The Sabbath was changed to the Lord's Day (see Revelation) to honor Christ, His Resurrection. He arose on Sunday. This is the New Covenant.

"Break bread" was a term for the Holy Eucharist and Paul uses
the term Eucharist which means thanksgiving in the Gospel.

The first day of the week is Sunday.

Acts Of Apostles 20:7
And on the first day of the week, when we were assembled to break bread, Paul discoursed with them, being to depart on the morrow: and he continued his speech until midnight.

1 Corinthians 16:2
On the first day of the week let every one of you put apart with himself, laying up what it shall well please him; that when I come, the collections be not then to be made.

Apocalypse (Revelation) 1:10
I was in the spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet,

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   

reply to post by FlyersFan

The earth wasn't created in 7 days. There was no Adam and Eve.

What about the people who can trace their family lineage back to Adam? Do those folks now cease to exist?

Like who?

Some names and the way they can do it would be awesome.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Unrealised

Sure, Paul. He declared he was of the tribe of Benjamin. Benjamin was a son of Jacob. Jacob goes back to Noah, Noah back to Adam. The author of the Torah, Moses, includes numerous geneologies in his books. Are you unaware of the detailed geneologies included in the OT?

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
what makes Christian or Hebrew writings the Authority on a particular Day-of-Rest..
But--- if you follow that Faith or religion, then hold fast to the accepted practice

myself... i see the act of taking a day-of-rest as both necessary and based on a philosophical claim rather than a 'belief system'

how many of you know that each individual has a unique time-line of living we call it a Bio-rhythm

see: www.bio-chart.com...

just like the metaphorical progression of creation built complexity on top of existing complex systems..
the human body & spirit needs a time off to rest or praise the nature of the world around them...

(just as a human follows a circadian rhythm & sleeps in the course of a 24 hour day)
so too a human must refrain from labors once after a sequence of 6 straight days of labor.

i admit that during my working years i went many periods that exceeded 10 days without a day-off
in fact back in the late 1970s i actually worked, on the clock, for 117 days in a row... no overtime

edit on 29-12-2011 by St Udio because: spelt it rong

the point i am making is each person determines their own 7th day of rest...
now when there is a marriage &/or children then a accepted meeting-of-the-minds is needed,
be it a Church or religion or a secular bio-rhythm focused day we all set-aside for rest family time etc
edit on 29-12-2011 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
good topic and question..i have learned that the sabbath is on a Saturday...if you read when jesus died,when the preparation of his body was you might see..i think that no one could prep his body on the day of rest..dont know..

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   

reply to post by CherubBaby

Correct, the Sabbath was made for man, not man made for the Sabbath. We rest in Christ continually now, He is our Sabbath rest.
this i totally agree with...god said the sabbath was a day of rest and to deep it holy....but we i think are not bound with the law...you really have to read the bible very well and study it to understand...its a great topic though..

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
For sure Saturday is the Holy Sabbath of God and not man. Man can not make anything Holy. It is the window in time He comes to tabernacle with His Own. The Holy angels do also with us in sync according to Enoch and I am in accord with that. All His Creatures worship Him except those of disobedience.

Now there is some that say they didn't gather for church in the Old Testament. Well the word church didn't become what it was called until Jesus Christ told Peter He would establish His Church upon Himself, the Rock and the gates of Hell would not prevail against it. Church is Ekklesia, "the called out ones" and that is all really His True Church will ever be.

Now here is a verse out of the OT that shows on the Seventh Day Sabbath they gathered together. "convocation" is just that, read,

Le 23:3 Six days shall work be done: but the seventh day is the sabbath of rest, an holy convocation; ye shall do no work therein: it is the sabbath of the LORD in all your dwellings.

( convocation"
miqra' mik-raw'
from 7121; something called out, i.e. a public meeting (the act, the persons, or the place); also a rehearsal:--assembly, calling, convocation, reading.

The true Sabbath day has never been lost, it has been universally kept as the seventh day throughout all history and God always has had His faithful that have.

Is it really the "least"? Break one you are same as guilty of all. Prove your love as He has proven His Love for you.

Joh 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

Sibbs

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Not true, the OT accounts are littered with genealogies where the OT authors traced their own lines back to Adam. You're arguing from ignorance.

The ignorance is in believing those are accurate genealogies.
Like I said, it's impossible because records were not kept. And if you believe the OT genealogies accounts then the world would be 6,000 years old. And it definately isn't. What you see in the OT is MADE UP by people to make their own family history more important. It is IMPOSSIBLE for them to be accurate. Completely and utterly impossible. Sorry.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
This is what gets me with religion, i happen to believe in God, creator or architect, i dont know exactly what he is. I am learning myself yet today everyone starts fighting about who is right? Whats the point because if everyone of any religion holds firm and truly believes why not just wait?

Doesnt waiting make more sense than causing grief, wars and everything else?

I dont know about you lot but ive made mistakes in the past, enough to last a lifetime. Now i believe.

There are 2 options that i see.

1st. We carry on the way we have for years. Wars, poverty, famine, illness and accepting and doing sweet FA. Then when the day comes when we may stand before God and say yes we are the few that made it. Staring God in the eye as he is looking over our shoulder at the mess, the destruction that we have done and allowed to happen to get there.

or
2nd We stand before God with the divisions and boundaries brought down. Standing together of all colours and creeds, languages and religions as one. Staring God in the eye and saying "We learned the hard way, but we ALL got here in the end together." We learned from our mistakes and we put an end to the wars, famine, poverty and the system of things that allowed a man to see another man down.

Thats how i want it to be.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
The Jews "day" ran from sunset to sunset. The 7th day of the week for them was sunset on Friday to sunset on Saturday. However this is a moot point if you are a Christian because of the following scriptures:

Rom. 10:4: “Christ is the end of the Law, so that everyone exercising faith may have righteousness.”

Sabbath keeping was a part of that Law. God used Christ to bring that Law to its end. Our having a righteous standing with God depends on faith in Christ, not on keeping a weekly sabbath.

Col. 2:13-16: “[God] kindly forgave us all our trespasses and blotted out the handwritten document against us, which consisted of decrees and which was in opposition to us . . . Therefore let no man judge you in eating and drinking or in respect of a festival or of an observance of the new moon or of a sabbath.”

It seems clear that an approved standing with God no longer requires observance of the sabbath requirement given to Israel.

edit on 12/29/2011 by Sparky63 because: formatted post

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sparky63
The Jews "day" ran from sunset to sunset. The 7th day of the week for them was sunset on Friday to sunset on Saturday. However this is a moot point if you are a Christian because of the following scriptures:

Rom. 10:4: “Christ is the end of the Law, so that everyone exercising faith may have righteousness.”

Sabbath keeping was a part of that Law. God used Christ to bring that Law to its end. Our having a righteous standing with God depends on faith in Christ, not on keeping a weekly sabbath.

Col. 2:13-16: “[God] kindly forgave us all our trespasses and blotted out the handwritten document against us, which consisted of decrees and which was in opposition to us . . . Therefore let no man judge you in eating and drinking or in respect of a festival or of an observance of the new moon or of a sabbath.”

It seems clear that an approved standing with God no longer requires observance of the sabbath requirement given to Israel.

edit on 12/29/2011 by Sparky63 because: formatted post
,,Amen to you..i totally agree..God gave me a conviction i think on this..and i had to check it out..you are correct..

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Lee78

Jesus in Luke Chapter 6 explains to the pharisees He is the Lord of the Sabbath, and not working at all on the sabbath is a corruption of what our Father meant b/c it is a blessed thing to love and save life every day in His name regardless of what label we have placed on the daylight hours. In Chapter 6 Jesus proceeds to healing a man's hand on the sabbath and afterwards as we can all read in verse 11: they ( the pharisees) were filled with madness; and communed one with another what they might do to Jesus.

It's seems to me as though many of these arguments i read are rooted in the law but hear the apostle Paul in the 14th chapter of his letter to the people of God in Rome.....

"5One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.

6He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it...."

Don't let the madness of the keeping the laws overtake you; whereas the law convinces us of sin, Love has redeemed us from the wages thereof.

Peace and blessings.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Lee78

Great job in realizing the error of the Sunday Sabbath!

"Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled."
[Matthew 5:17-18]

Heaven and Earth have not passed. All has not been fulfilled with Christ's second coming, or the Tribulation, or Armageddon, or Judgement Day. In Jesus' own words, Mosaic Law is still in effect. It was the corrupter Apostle Paul and his disciple Luke who influenced non-adherence to the Law.

The Saturday Sabbath being changed to Sunday is just one piece of evidence of Pagan infiltration into Christianity.

Many Christians cringe at this idea because they allow their preacher, priest, reverend, Paul, and Luke to trump God's Authority.

Peace.

edit on 12/29/11 by Sahabi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Well all along, we have this choice Sun day or Sat urn day, and I will always steer clear of Saturn, it has horns.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Lee78

Seeing as God is only an illusion created by mankind anyway, it does not matter one way or the other.
Leap years were introduced once it was found that the earth rotated around the sun in 364 and 1/4 days approx, so every fourth year the extra day was added to keep the seasons in line with the calendar year.

new topics
top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join