It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God's seventh-day Sabbath: Its not Sunday.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   
I am putting this thread out there to you and yes it may be a conspiracy or it may be simply down to my own ignorance. That aside here it goes.

Up until very recently i believed that God's seventh-day sabbath was on a Sunday......now i may be the only one or i have the view along with the rest of you. It wasnt until i read a piece regarding Samoa to 'Skip A Day' made me realize. I made a thread yet there was already one posted Here

Here is a piece quoted from the first link from sky news.

Occasionally we all wish we could skip a day. Well now that wish is to come true for the people of Samoa. This week the tiny Pacific island nation is to bend time and will skip Friday altogether; Samoans will go to bed on Thursday night and wake up on Saturday morning. At the moment, Samoa is the last country in the world to see the sunset. Very soon it will become the first nation to welcome the new day. The move is not being done as a publicity stunt or to appeal to tourists wanting to be the first to see dawn. Rather, the time shift is being carried out because of economics. Currently Samoa is 10 hours behind London, five hours behind New York and, crucially, almost a day behind Australia and New Zealand. Given that most of the country's business is carried out with Australia and New Zealand, Samoa's government believes it makes good financial sense to be closer to them on the clock.

It may not seem much to people but it automatically reminded me of a piece i read a few days ago regarding

God's seventh-day Sabbath
Quoting from the piece i have infront of me here it is

The fourth of the Ten Commandments requires that we keep holy the seventh day of the week--sunset Friday to sunset Saturday. It is sometimes called the test commandment, since God referred to it as such when He presented it to ancient Israel in Exodus16:4. Indeed, it remains a test of our commitment to obeying God. This is the commandment that those who are only "professing" Christians will almost always refuse to obey. Obeying this command often brings tests of faith, requiring sincere reliance on God. But it also supplies great blessings to those who keep it. It is a vital key to understanding God's word, because"a good understanding have all those who do His commandments" (Psalm 111:10) The Bible calls the Sabbath an identifying sign of God and His people (Exodus 31:16-17). It has enabled many Jews, descendants of the kingdom of Judah, to retain their identity. The "lost 10 tribes," on the other hand, neglected God's Sabbath, which proved to be a major factor in the loss of their true identity. To better understand this important commandment, be sure to download or request a copy of the booklet Sunset to sunset: Gods Sabbath Rest. Awareness of these threads running through the Bible will open the way to a better overall understanding of God's word. Because traditional churches have lost sight of so many of these, its no wonder they have fragmented into so many denominations, each holding a different view of what the bible says and all the while failing to understand much of its true message.

Right, so after reading this piece above that i quoted how many of you believed that the Sabbath day was a Sunday, when actually God's Sabbath day is from sunset Friday to sunset Saturday?

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   
We've messed up the calendar so much between Day Light Savings time and time zones that for all we know, the true Shabbat could be tuesday.
edit on 29-12-2011 by My.mind.is.mine because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

Which brings the question as to why leap years were also implemented? What would the true date be because i cant find anywhere in scriptures that says God granted humans to mess about with time?

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Lee78

Dear Lee78,

Tradition says that the Jews are correct and the sabbath is Saturday. If you are a Christian, what does it matter? You are not bound by the law, you also don't have to circumcise your children. If you are a Christian, you are dead to the law and it is dead to you, worry about being of service if you are a Christian. Peace.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Lee78

When you factor in all of the inconsistencies in our calendar, you understand that today, could very well be sunday and we don't know it. They did what they wanted to, and have really confused all religions holy days. We just have to do our best.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Yes, it is the 7th day and I do my best to honour this day of rest. But as the post above me states, with all the changes over the thousands of years to calendars, time zones etc who knows if it's the actual 7th day of the week ....God knows what is in our hearts.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   
The larger conspiracy, is why people like you still take the bible literally.

You're looking for conspiracies in the bible, when not just admitting the bible as a whole is one of the largest conspiracies ever perpetrated on humans?

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Thanks for reminding us all of the idiocy of contemporary belief in a Western Semitic myth as historical actuality.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Although changes have been made to the calendar, (Oct. 5 becoming Oct. 15 in the year 1582 - for example), the weekly cycle has remained unaffected.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by AQuestion
reply to post by Lee78

Dear Lee78,

Tradition says that the Jews are correct and the sabbath is Saturday. If you are a Christian, what does it matter? You are not bound by the law, you also don't have to circumcise your children. If you are a Christian, you are dead to the law and it is dead to you, worry about being of service if you are a Christian. Peace.

UM WHAT? I hope you are not Christian following this rule, because you will find yourself severely mistaken:

Romans 13:1-7 states, “Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. Consequently, he who rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves...

As long as the law of the land does not contradict the "laws" of God then you should obey them as stated in
Acts 5:27-29, “Having brought the apostles, they made them appear before the Sanhedrin to be questioned by the high priest. 'We gave you strict orders not to teach in this Name,' he said. 'Yet you have filled Jerusalem with your teaching and are determined to make us guilty of this man's blood.' Peter and the other apostles replied: ‘We must obey God rather than men!'“

For the record I myself am not Christian, and agree with the previous poster that the bible is being taken far too literally. But I have read the Bible enough to be left scratching my head when you say that as a Christian one is not bound by Law, when the Bible makes it very clear that in God's eyes we are bound by law unless it contradicts God's word.

edit on 29-12-2011 by byteshertz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Actually God started work on the Universe at 3.30pm on a Wednesday. And unless you can prove otherwise, then the Sabbath - the 7th day on which God rested - starts at 3.30pm on a Tuesday

In other words, it's all a bit of silly nonsense and whenever the Sabbath is, it's a day determined as such by man and man alone. But all should be allowed to hold whatever religious practice they wish so long as in doing so does not detrimentally affect any others who hold differing (or no) religious practice.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
The sabbath actually falls on a potato.

I've known that for years, which are also known as saturdays, or was it green?

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   
actually, when we get to heaven we will be following the Sabbath. It is for all time and eternity, !!
try to not let your feet do what they want to do on the Sabbath.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by MysticPearl

You're looking for conspiracies in the bible, when not just admitting the bible as a whole is one of the largest conspiracies ever perpetrated on humans?

I am not looking for any conspiracy, i just realized that i believed or was led to believe that Sunday was the Sabbath day when its actually sunset Friday to sunset Saturday. What i do find annoying is that we/man have chosen to play the role of God and feel like we can do what ever we please regardless of consequences. I find it annoying that we can now play with time to suit.

I have never been a religious person and my belief was quite different 4-5 years ago compared to now. I have wrote a few threads on ATS regarding my belief as of now which is that
The truth, word of God, Religion was divided to preserve the truth by God. Many religions created of one. A bit like not keeping all of your eggs in one basket.
We were separated and given different tongues to preserve truth. However when the religion, word of God was divided someone somewhere wasnt happy with his slice and set out to glorify his slice own religion or to make others look less equal.

If you are asking if i believe in God, I would answer I Do.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lee78

What 'piece' do you have in front of you? I'd like to know the title, author and publication place. Was it 7th Day Adventist? Those people go around saying everyone is going to hell if they don't go to church on Saturday instead of Sunday. They say that the Catholic Church is scheming to get everyone in hell by moving the sabbath to Sunday instead of Saturday.
That's what the 7th Day Adventists around here say.

- Is what you are quoting from coming from the 7th Day Adventists?

There ya' go!

There was no 7 day creation.
There was no Adam and Eve.
There was no 'resting on the 7th day'.
Therefore, there really is no 'God's 7th Day Sabbath.

edit on 12/29/2011 by FlyersFan because: to add mysticpearl quote

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

What 'piece' do you have in front of you? I'd like to know the title, author and publication place. Was it 7th Day Adventist? Those people go around saying everyone is going to hell if they don't go to church on Saturday instead of Sunday. They say that the Catholic Church is scheming to get everyone in hell by moving the sabbath to Sunday instead of Saturday.
That's what the 7th Day Adventists around here say.

- Is what you are quoting from coming from the 7th Day Adventists?

There ya' go!

There was no 7 day creation.
There was no Adam and Eve.
There was no 'resting on the 7th day'.
Therefore, there really is no 'God's 7th Day Sabbath.

edit on 12/29/2011 by FlyersFan because: to add mysticpearl quote

I quoted the above from a small publication from the United Church of God, an international Association. Thats what it says and the title is How to understand the Bible, and the reason i asked to be sent a copy was because "I would like to understand the Bible" What is so wrong with that? And what is so wrong with believing in God.

Like i said before, things have happened and continue to do so that certainly points towards his direction. I am not saying that you must believe, i am saying I do and there is nothing that you or anyone else can say or do to make me think otherwise.
I think lost in translation are the words that fit this best. I also have for your information various religious scriptures.
New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures
Millennium Good News Bible
The Holy Qur'an

All of which say more or less the same.
One God known by different names? We have forenames, Surnames and nicknames? One God, One Word, One Truth, One Direction. Peace &Equality regardless of colour, creed, location and language.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I cant prove that God exists because i cant point him out or show you him. Many bang on about the bible and other religious scriptures as bs...........i ask that you bring to the table proof that he doesnt.

I will pray that a significant event will take place that will, without doubt show that he exists but hey i doubt that will happen because that would be seen as challenging him to prove himself........to me? I'd rather not. Because for all i believe in him and have full faith i am not going to be getting his back up on my say so. I do fear God but i also accept that God will not force people to follow but allow them to choose.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   

I quoted the above from a small publication from the United Church of God, an international Association.

Thank you.

What is so wrong with that?

I asked for who put out the publication so we could see. When a source is quoted we are supposed to be able to see the source. Many sources have a private agenda. THAT is why I asked to see the source.

And what is so wrong with believing in God.

Nothing. I never said there was a problem with believing in God. I do too.
The problem comes with taking the creation stories literally.
The earth wasn't created in 7 days. There was no Adam and Eve.
Therefore ... there really wasn't a 'rest on the 7th day' Sabbath for God.
See?

But if you want to have Saturday as your Sabbath ... please do.

That's nice. I hope you have a wonderful Saturday-Sabbath.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Lee78

Of course the Sabbath isn't Sunday. Sunday is the Lord's Day. Sabbath is a day of rest and fellowship with family and God. We should all worship God in spirit and in truth EVERY DAY!!!! Not just on the Sabbath. The Sabbath was given to man to rest.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

The earth wasn't created in 7 days. There was no Adam and Eve.

What about the people who can trace their family lineage back to Adam? Do those folks now cease to exist?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join