It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sacrifice your children to God!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by WarminIndy

You have presented Replacement Theology that some of us caught you on, and then you hide hoping we forget what you post.

What you call "Replacement Theology" is what I call Christianity.
I don't hope people forget that I have written in favor of Christianity.
Should I have a disclaimer saying that God has forsaken the old religion of Judea in favor of one made by a particular Judean who we know as Jesus Christ? I think it should be unmistakable that I am a Christian so I don't see the need to make a disclaimer, 'warning I believe in Christ.'

The reason you don't accept my statements of Christianity is because . . .
By "accept", what do you mean, let it slide without derogatory comment?
I don't accept philosophy which goes against the very core foundation of Christianity. If I call it anti-christ, this is what I mean by the term. I suppose you may be what is called a dispensationalist, which to me means a philosophy that sees Christianity as just a space holder for "Judaism" or "Jewish" people to get their act together, or something, while I feel that Christianity is the object of history and central to it. I feel it odd myself that you would find the most important thing to be a race based concept, and one I feel is completely without merit, seeing how as far as I know, most people we think of today as being Jews are not even descended from the original Hebrews of Jacob and Israel.

And in all the prophecies, which Jesus referred to many times by saying "The Scripture has said.." means that we are to look into those scriptures.
This is your personal interpretation where the point is not explicit. Jesus quoted scripture, by my personal interpretation, to counter the scripture directed against him and to show how he rightly understood it while they did not. If we believe in Jesus, we don't need to look into the old scripture to try to figure out if he was right or not. Since we already believe in him we assume he was right and can leave that old scripture in the waste bin since we have already moved on to what would have been the point of it if we had been raised up only knowing that old scripture and never having heard of Jesus to ever believe in or not believe in him.

edit on 31-12-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   

. . . not because you should not circumcise the flesh only, but the reason you do it in the flesh is because your heart embraces the meaning of the circumcision.

I think this right here justifies the point I made earlier which this quote is a part of your response to.
Which was, in case anyone missed it, me saying I am glad you came out of the closet and have indicated that you are in fact a Jew and not, as it would superficially appear, that of perhaps being a Christian.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

. . . not because you should not circumcise the flesh only, but the reason you do it in the flesh is because your heart embraces the meaning of the circumcision.

I think this right here justifies the point I made earlier which this quote is a part of your response to.
Which was, in case anyone missed it, me saying I am glad you came out of the closet and have indicated that you are in fact a Jew and not, as it would superficially appear, that of perhaps being a Christian.

Jim Dewey, I am a Christian. I grew up in a family that went to a Christian church. My family on both sides have been Christian for a very long time. I think you have jumped to some very big conclusions about a theology that you understand very little about and created your own through your own personal bigotry of the Jews.

It only took several months for you to finally come out and admit you believe in Replacement Theology and that derives from British Israelism.

The Error of Replacement Theology

Are Jews, Jews, and is Israel, Israel in the New Testament? Do They Still Have a Covenant with God? ABSOLUTELY. THE BIBLE IS CLEAR ON THIS. The Jews are Israelites, not Gentiles (Rom. 9:4). To Israel still belong the sonship, the glory, the covenants, the giving of the law, the worship and the promises (Rom. 9:4). The gifts and calling of God for Israel are irrevocable (Rom. 11:29). There are 77 references to Israel in the NT and none of them refer to the Church. Try replacing the words, "the Church," where Israel is mentioned and the passage is rendered unreadable and silly, e.g., Rom. 10:1, "Brethren, my heart's desire and prayer to God for Israel is, that they might be saved." If you put "the Church" where Israel is mentioned, then it is redundant. The Church is the body of saved believers, so how could Paul's prayer be for the Church to be saved? Psalm 105 has a seven-fold affirmation of God's promises of Canaan to Abraham. This is an everlasting promise, as was Genesis 12:1-3. Jeremiah 31:35-37 speaks of the everlasting nature of God's promises to and for Israel, the Jewish people, which is as sure as the sun that shines by day and the moon and stars that glow in the night. The end-time prophecies, which speak of the return of the House of Jacob to their land (Israel) and its restoration, have overwhelmingly been fulfilled in Israel and the Jewish people in the past 120 years. (See, Isa. 11:11-12; Eze. 37:1-14; Eze. 36; Eze. 35:1, Isa. 43:5,6; Jer. 16:14-16; Isa. 60:9-11; Isa. 49:22-23, etc.). The Gospel and Yeshua came "to the Jews first, then the Greek" (Rom. 2:9,10; Matt:10:5-7;15:24). There is a distinction in roles between the two. Galatians 3:28 says: "There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus." This is speaking of everyone's standing before God as equals, because we are all sinners saved by God's grace and the atoning work on the Cross. Nevertheless, our roles here on earth are definitely distinct; e.g., men and women, mothers and fathers, husbands and wives, etc. all have distinct roles to play. Likewise, Jews and Gentiles have distinct roles to play.

Have you boasted yourself against the vine?

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   

It only took several months for you to finally come out and admit you believe in Replacement Theology and that derives from British Israelism.

Before I read your quote which I am guessing is a definition of Replacement Theology, I would like to say that what I know of the concept is what has been presented to my by people I assume are Jews and claim that the church is evil because they are stealing what rightfully belongs to them.
I have also gotten a little of the idea of what this concept, or theology as you call it, is from people here who I take as being dispensationalists.
My point being is that I never actually studied or learned "Replacement Theology" from anyone and just take any argument against it as really just an argument against Christianity. You may think you are Christian but all you have is the label without the substance since you apparently have an anti-christian ideology.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

Before I read your quote which I am guessing is a definition of Replacement Theology, I would like to say that what I know of the concept is what has been presented to my by people I assume are Jews and claim that the church is evil because they are stealing what rightfully belongs to them.
I have also gotten a little of the idea of what this concept, or theology as you call it, is from people here who I take as being dispensationalists.
My point being is that I never actually studied or learned "Replacement Theology" from anyone and just take any argument against it as really just an argument against Christianity. You may think you are Christian but all you have is the label without the substance since you apparently have an anti-christian ideology.

Again, you did not read the link provided. I am beginning to think you don't really know Christianity at all and listen to people like Arnold Murray and Shepherd's Chapel.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

I read books rather than blogs and YouTube videos to get theology.
Whatever you are talking about I have no idea and pay no attention to such rubbish.
You can look at my profile page in comments and see my reading list.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join