It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sacrifice your children to God!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Judgement day, God appears before the human race and puts forth a test to all human parents to sacrifice their children and prove their unfaltering loyalty/faith to God.

Failure would result in eternal damination of both the parents and the children to the pools of a warm magma bath.

Scenarios with happy endings;

1) God stops the parents just as they are about to sacrifice their childrens life, and they were allowed to lived in heaven.

2) The parents try to sacifice their own lives or those of others instead, but is stopped by God, and they were all allowed to lived in heaven.

3) God was never serious about the test, prevents all those who were about to perform the sacrifices and allowed everyone to live in heaven, even the parents who refused to sacrifice anything.

4) God lets the parents sacrifice their children, their own lives and the lives of other people, allows them to live in heaven and brings back all the lives that were sacrificed.

5) God turns all the children into Atheist to make the sacrifice easier for the parents to perform. (Joke by the way, I am not a Theist.)

6) It wasn't God that put forth the test. (This one isn't going to be a happy ending, I think....)

Now the other ending.

God does not stop the sacrifices and does not bring back the lives of the people who were sacrificed, allowed all the parents who had sacificed their children, regardless of what ever faith they have or did not have, and threw the rest of the people into the dark hole (with warm baths) for all eternity.

Those who had total faith in God have no regrets for their actions as they are now with God.

My question to all the other people who do not have that kind of faith is;

a) was it worth the price of your children?
b) will you come to question or regret it?
c) will you chose to deny or forget it or that you even had any children?
d) did it come with a happy meal toy? (Joke, don't answer it)

Feel free to add any other Happy endings, questions and answers to the other ending.

My opinions;

a) I don't have children yet, and if I did, it is a mighty cruel test to put forth, regardless of any type of ending that malevolent types would have no problem with, but find it hard to imagine benevolent beings doing the same. God knows.

b) I don't give in easily to threats, even at the risk of being punished for all eternity.

c) If I was forced to do it somehow, I am not sure how I will be able to live with myself, I don't have such a strong will, an external factor may be required to erase or alter my memory of such an event as I will refuse to forget or deny it.

d) God may forgive me, but I may/will not forgive myself.

What are your Opinions?

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by ixiy

Dear ixiy,

You missed an answer. We (parents) refuse to kill our children and are willing to die for that decision. What if that is the answer that God wanted from us? What if God wanted us to choose to be us rather than just chase joy? Every relationship begins with deciding who you are and what you will give in exchange for the pleasure you find. What type of relationship do you want with God? Do you wish one where he rewards you for harming others?

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by ixiy

God is all loving right? Why would he have us kill anything? Killing is never justified. Ever. So this is the prob with religions. They have been altered by people in charge so they can convince you your religion is superior to others. We are all made from god. We are all divine. None of us should kill. Its literally killing yourself. Religion was given to us just to give some a path to the light. Others know that the light is within us. We are all knowing. We dont need old writings that have been diluted by the corrupt to tell us what we are and what we should do it. Look within and you will know.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by ixiy

Personally, I would gladly spend eternity in boiling lava, rather than spend it with such a cruel, sickly perverted lunatic who would ask such thing of me, regardless his motives.

And if this being is omnipotent, as alleged, what would his motives be, other than self-pleasuring enjoyment ?
I mean, everything else he could do without asking anything of us.

I might add, if "God" showed his self, I would much rather think I have finally lost my last bit of mind, have accidentally ingested some strong hallucinogen or start believing that all the people I thought were somewhat paranoid tinfoil hats were right all along and the ominous Illuminati Reptilians or something of the sort were projecting some "god-figure" to force us ants in to submission to their sinister plans.

My disbelief in gods is so strong, I would probably still not believe it while eternally swimming in lava.
I would however, try take some of those out whom I witnessed sacrificing their children. But that's just me and my Robin Hood/ Helper Syndrome.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   
I agree who wants to follow a God who is that insecure that he need's his followers to prove their loyalty to him by killing their own kid's.
I know the old testament God did it.
Follow a God in yourself not a God invented by Man (Religion).

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by AQuestion
reply to post by ixiy

Dear ixiy,

You missed an answer. We (parents) refuse to kill our children and are willing to die for that decision. What if that is the answer that God wanted from us? What if God wanted us to choose to be us rather than just chase joy? Every relationship begins with deciding who you are and what you will give in exchange for the pleasure you find. What type of relationship do you want with God? Do you wish one where he rewards you for harming others?

Yes of course, that would indeed be like happy ending in number 3... with the parents who refusing to do the sacifice, a test to see the response of the people who will not act.

However, the opposite ending would be... to enjoy the warm bath in a dark pool with the children you refuse to sacrifice should the test be real.

Will people in general really risk their chance to be with God or play it safe, and do as God commanded like that story in the bible hoping for the best?

Maybe even stop at the very last moment of the sacrifice and will hold it there hoping that their God will stop the test, not sure for how long they may have to hold it there and wait though.....

I have no trouble seeing this test being done on assassins to test their resolve, but why does an all powerful God consider such a test and use it? God knows.
edit on 29-12-2011 by ixiy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Sorry, started frothing at the end of your first paragraph.

Do you, yourself have children ?

Have you been there at the birth ... and cut the umbilical cord ?

Have you been there for them at the all important life milestones ?

Have you helped them on toward their goals and ambitions ( you know, being part of their team).

Have you ever lost a child ?

That is one very emotional button you have pushed.
I appreciate your question but I question your appreciation.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
I am fairly certain that my mortal father would not even consider doing some thing like that on me, and if he did, I would think that his mental functions maybe deteriorating. Maybe if he had an agenda and wants to test my loyalty should he decided to run for presidency.

It would still make it a very immoral test in my opinion, which I think may have been done countless in the history of human kind for what ever reasons by God knows who.... wait, God did, but I am sure it wasn't for presidency.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Timely
Sorry, started frothing at the end of your first paragraph.

Do you, yourself have children ?

Have you been there at the birth ... and cut the umbilical cord ?

Have you been there for them at the all important life milestones ?

Have you helped them on toward their goals and ambitions ( you know, being part of their team).

Have you ever lost a child ?

That is one very emotional button you have pushed.
I appreciate your question but I question your appreciation.

Yes, children are precious, but I am surprised by the number of theists who consider their children to be little more than their religion's ammunition and treating them literally as such... expendable... strange.

They no longer think like normal human beings, consider themselves much more than human, living enforcers of the will of their 'God' with the sacred duty of manufacturing and converting more munitions to be use for their 'God'... in this case, their religion.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I always thought that was a really sick twisted God who would put a parent through that in the Old Testament. There is no reason to justify that kind of cruelty to a parent.

It gets whitewashed though by those who believe in that God as does everything else he does wrong in the Bible. He'd be put in jail in our society for doing the same thing.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by ixiy

What are your Opinions?

Say to whoever is telling you to sacrifice that he is obviously not God and whatever show he is putting on to make you think he is God does not impress you.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
sacrificing anyone for anything is just wrong. it sickens me how ignorant religious people can be, and are.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I believe I would tell "god" he can kiss my .........
and if you touch my child, YOU will suffer MY wrath.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by ixiy

There was a god called Molech that the ancient pagans did worship by giving their children as sacrifices. This Molech demanded the sacrifice, but not God. This Molech was represented as a metal idol that had arms outstretched on which they laid the child, and fire was below it to cook the child to death and when the child died, it was pushed into a gaping hole, to represent that Molech ate it. In the ceremonies, they played drums that got progressively louder to drown out the sound of the child crying.

When people look to the story of Abraham and Isaac, they forget a few things, Abraham had not been gone long from the idol worshiping Ur of the Chaldees, a nation that sacrificed children. He was still under those influences and when God asked Abraham to sacrifice Isaac, and they took their journey up to Mount Moriah, Isaac questioned about where the sacrifice was, to which Abraham replied "God will provide Himself a lamb". Why would Abraham give such an answer if his intent was to keep the command?

God may have asked for the sacrifice, to prove Abraham would withhold nothing from Him, but the sacrifice of Isaac was not required. Abraham also had Ishmael, but considered Isaac as his only son, which was the son of the promise. Abraham in essence sacrificed Ishmael, first by thinking he could do what he should have let God do, and second by denying the firstborn. The promise was that the blessing would come through Sarah, but Abraham jumped the gun by sleeping with Hagar. He sacrificed Ishmael by that act.

What the attempted sacrifice of Isaac did was finally prove to Abraham that he is not higher than God and that God keeps his promises as long as we do the very things He wants us to do in the way He wants us to. Abraham may have saved himself a lot of trouble if he had just listened to God in the first place and trusted Him.

The promise was given long before Ishmael was conceived that the promise would come through Sarah, but both of them thought they could do better than God and that God was taking His time so they had to do it themselves and got an innocent maid pregnant to have a baby, because they could not wait. It was an act of mistrust on the part of Abraham and Sarah, but God did not forget Hagar and Ishmael, He took care of them.

In that whole debacle, Abraham and Sarah were to blame and God was letting them know that. God keeps His promises, and because Isaac was conceived after the promise was given, God still kept it, even though Abraham did not. Human failure on the part of Abraham, and almost killed the promise. Thankfully, God stopped it.

When you look at the patriarchs, look at them as people with all their human foibles. They made mistakes that cost them and others. They caused both good and damage, and the collateral damage has been diminished by well-meaning people who want us to think of them as saints who could do no wrong.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
My child's life is not mine to take or to give. I would not care to worship or respect any living thing that would require a sacrifice of something that does not belong to me and is in fact stolen. No true leader or diety would ask that of humanity.

On Children
Kahlil Gibran

Your children are not your children.
They are the sons and daughters of Life's longing for itself.
They come through you but not from you,
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.

You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
You may strive to be like them,
but seek not to make them like you.
For life goes not backward nor tarries with yesterday.

You are the bows from which your children
as living arrows are sent forth.
The archer sees the mark upon the path of the infinite,
and He bends you with His might
that His arrows may go swift and far.
Let your bending in the archer's hand be for gladness;
For even as He loves the arrow that flies,
so He loves also the bow that is stable.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Christians do not have to sacrifice their children in order to get right with God.

He sacrificed His for a greater cause and that is all that is required.

Respectfully,

DK

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarkKnight21
Christians do not have to sacrifice their children in order to get right with God.

Respectfully,

DK

Some one tell me if I'm wrong, but I do believe the OP is posting a hypothetical question.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
That is quite a story, this Molech pagan god seems really terrible, however God still did requested/demanded the same test/ritual that was used to please Molech, be repeated as a test of faith/loyalty from Abraham to God.

I do not presume to know God.

But let's say there is another pagan god with the ritual of raping babies to death to appease it, would God also require this mock sacifice be used in the subjects test of faith/loyalty from one God to another?

Why is this test of loyalty so important to God that it would consider using such tests to see if it's subjects would perform these same sacifices to it?

Why does this God seem so jealous about loyalty? Is there something that threatens God?

I am sure most benevolent beings would rather see an end to these practices than to recreate or even consider using them as mock tests. That is, if they even want loyalty or ever get jealous of sharing a relationship with their friends with other real or imaginary beings.

How God stomachs this is quite beyond me.

I do not know God's reasons for doing it, but should I be in God's place, I like to think that I would not even consider it.

I wonder what could compel a benevolent mortal or God to consider such an action? What insecurities might they have? an ego? a rival? jealousy? love? (ha) boredom?

God would not make Abraham do such a test if God already knew what Abraham was going to do, unless free will maybe interfering with it's ability to predict an outcome, hence the test and the desire for the surrender of it's followers free willed souls?

Yet God should already know if a subject has completely given up their soul to it, making the test unnecessary unless it also requires the subjects death to seal the deal? And the test was to reassure that the subject would keep it's part of the deal should the time come...

Doesn't the Devil do a similar thing?

They seem willing to go through almost anything in-order to gain our souls, I wonder if they are the same being playing good cop, bad cop.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Since I was littlechild, I was taught that children belong to God. They were entrusted to us for safekeeping and upbringing. If under those circumstances such a test were put to me, I would have to reply, "They are not mine to dispose of. End of story." So a god who knows all would not have bothered to ask me.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkKnight21

Respectfully,

DK

Would this apply to the other Abraham religions or just christianity because only christianity believes that Jesus is the son of God? Does that mean that those other religions may still have to sacifice their children and does it apply to all mankind or just a christians?

God has shown that it is great enough to sacifice it's son for us, should it ever require us to do the same in the future, it hopes that we do not hesitate?

But then again, should this God actually turn up instead to be the Devil in disguise....

It seems to consider sacrificing life to be the greats act of selflessness... I think self sacrifice would be the greatest act instead of sacrificing others, why doesn't God just demand our sacifice instead of our children or that of other life forms, it maybe because some people find it easier to sacifice themselves than their children lives which makes this test of faith inaccurate? Could this mean that God isn't really looking for selfless people?

Why is it so fixated on sacrifice and loyalty?

Would God force this upon us if it were to consider us as friends?

God's success rate of creating children who will live is probably 100% when compared to us, which makes our childrens sacrifices much more vaulable to that of God's children... we are at a disadvantage...God is not.

Which also brings me to the next question, why would God need Mary? I know Aliens do, they still need to physically impregant humans to create superior hybrids, but God?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join