It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO videos and photos

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   
I think it's great that people are sharing their videos and photos of UFO's and have people help them to judge whether they are edited, a natural object, military, commercial aircraft or what ever the case. Which is why I think there should be a feature on ATS which allows people to compare photo's and video's as there is so many of them.. That brings me to my next idea.. I was thinking since there is a lot of them maybe we could have a separate place for them? That just allows people to have a browse through the Alien and UFO forum without only being able to find heaps of UFO reports and videos as there are many more things UFO/Alien related.

It's just an idea so don't take it to heart. It would be good to get some feedback if you think its a good idea. Please don't get to worked up about it and abuse me as I thought it could be good. I just want peoples thoughts.

Or if you have another idea with a similar concept. I would also appreciate that.

Perhaps even a place where people can rate the videos/photos of how real or fake they seem.
edit on 29-12-2011 by curiousrb because: Extra idea

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
It is always good to share these 'sightings' and they will be the cause of much debate amongst ATS members.
My own opinion is that by far the majority can be explained especially the 'night' sightings which invariably end up being Chinese Lanterns, Night Para-trooping exercises, Venus or a commercial aircraft. The 'daylight sightings come under much scrutiny and we have experts on here who quickly replicate them or explain them away with technical jargon.
There are of course that small minority that remain unexplained and it is these that create the most discussion.
Your suggestion should attract attention from a large following of ATS members who are interested in this subject.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by OzTiger

I hope that's good attraction... But I don't want them out of the thread because I don't like them. I think that way it's easier to find sightings or just UFO/ET news.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   
In my opinion, analyses of internet posted images and Youtube videos are just too lossy to make any reasonable opinion about authenticity. The only real thing that can be observed from a video after lossy uploads is if the time stamp represents a relatively close real-time copy of the movements of any observed craft.

Images that have undergone jpeg compression and downsizing obliterate any sings of post production tampering because its easily lost in its image averaging and 8 by 8 cell processing. Its why you see blocks of larger than pixel sized squares all over jpegs. Similar and largely more severe image averaging occurs on video compressions, and some of the worst compression processes are Youtube Flash compression.

It's the main reason I don't frequent UFO imagery threads.

With all that said there is much imagery that is easy to dispel by pointing out the most rudimentary flaws in the post production image manipulations.

Even if the guy hands you his digital camera before exporting, for you to open up in any software you might have it's likely the hand held imagery is already too lossy to make any determination of detail. Digital cameras have a cleaner image capture when set for timed exposures from a remote switch while mounted on a tripod, to minimize camera vibration during exposure, its how they are. Your basic image capture without the proper settings adds pixelation beyond what the camera is capable of recording. even on a tripod. Nobody is prepared to shoot a UFO while set up for the best image capture their camera is capable of when they see one.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by curiousrb

It's just an idea so don't take it to heart. It would be good to get some feedback if you think its a good idea. Please don't get to worked up about it and abuse me as I thought it could be good. I just want peoples thoughts.

Poor guy! I'm guessing you've had 'The ATS Treatment' and it's left you flinching and defensive? To post in haste, or error, is enough for a public flogging on the boards.

Yeah, why not? It's not a bad idea to collect the videos in one spot. The downside is they are always getting removed and YT accounts get closed. In that way, the videos are moving targets and liable to be reposted a 100 times with a 100 new titles.

If it was possible, it'd be great to have a section devoted to the hoaxes so people can compare whatever is getting them excited enough to post a thread. Then again, the downside of that would be this section having a new thread every few days and would be a tumbleweed forum.

In the past year I reckon I've seen a handful of videos that weren't hoaxes, misidentifications or reposts. Off the top of my head, only two remained unidentified - damn poor odds!

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

To answer your question very recently I got a bashing in a thread I started.
But yeah it would be great to have pictures of a few ''hoax'' photos so people can compare theirs with those ones.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Right on, I also like to see postings/videos of UFO sightings and footage, I'm HUGE on the subject and have intensely studied the big picture (and small details) of the issue for quite a long time now. I recommend you do NOT watch nor listen to the public provided media outlets on the case at hand, but to spend time on websites, or video sites you KNOW to be genuine. God Bless, Peace and Grace be with you all!

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by RockBoyTyler

Thanks for the support.
Me too I am a big fan of UFO/ET findings. i think it would help a lot of people and put a bit more structure to the site

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Well, we've got scoffer-pranksters who launch Chinese lanterns, homemade kites with LEDs, balloons with lights, etc. Then we have people who buy camcorders and hope to capture real UFOs but soon run out of patience and tie balloons together, dangle models, toss hubcaps, do some CGi or photography tricks like blurds (blurred side-view shots of seagulls to create a UFO look) or airplanes shot at low shutter speed to come out looking like UFOs, or whatever. And some just notice something in the sky that looks strange, capture it on video, and post it on YouTube (perhaps knowing what it really is, perhaps not). And anything real gets lost in the smokescreen.

I suggested in my thread Getting the evidence a team effort that would offer a good chance of capturing undeniable video evidence shot from three angles with tracking data stamped on every frame, enabling triangulation, without the high cost of theodolites. But even having a single camcorder aimed with a motorized pan/tilt mount controlled by software on a connected computer would allow the software to print azimuth and elevation data on a caption bar added to every frame. That would be better than what we're getting so far, but of course triangulation made possible by having cameras in backyards of three people located a few miles apart with their motorized pan/tilt mounts controlled by a single person through Internet connected would really nail it and burst this nonsense bubble. But no!!! That would spoil the fun!

About adding a forum just for UFO videos, maybe that would dejunk the Aliens and UFOs forum a bit. That sounds good to me, but there seem to be good arguments against it. Some threads that start with junk video end up with some very interesting information in some of the posts.

edit on 29-12-2011 by xpoq47 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by xpoq47

That's why it's just relocating where people upload or post their ''sightings'' to. Not get rid of the idea altogether.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Cause I'm a newbie I can't post my own thread. But this seems to be in my category.

What do you guys here think of these videos? Taken from a UFO forum like ours, from China. My Google Translate shows nothing dodgy. These seem to be genuine and it's good footage.

What do you think:

1. tsufo.net...

2. tsufo.net...

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by curiousrb
I think it's great that people are sharing their videos and photos of UFO's and have people help them to judge whether they are edited, a natural object, military, commercial aircraft or what ever the case.

Its easy to "judge" what the videos and photos available all are if one has some sense. ALL either man-made craft or fakes edited by silly kids or adults who are looking for attention or whom feel proud to fool gullible folks.

Flight technology that deified physics has been around since the 70s.

Unless a so-called 'alien' exits one of these UFOs and formally introduces itself as from another world, it is ASININE at best to think that they are aliens or martians piloting them.

Silly folks.

new topics

top topics

join