It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Controlling flying within a dream....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   
I've always had dream that I am flying, since I was younger, although not very often. At first I wouldn't realise I was dreaming and end up terrified as I was hurtling back to the ground but eventually I started to think 'oh it's ok, I'm just dreaming' and not fear the drop.

Then I started to be able to control where I could fly...but not very well! Last night I had another and tried to control my flying but instead of going forward I just go higher, it was really annoying! Was I a very small bird on a very windy day? Haha

In the end I just came back down and my dream was uncontrollable again.

My questions are- How can I induce these dreams more often and how can I control the flying better!?

I've been googling but only ever seem to find interpretations of what flying in a dream means.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Bex33

It's called lucid dreaming. Gimme a second and I will get you some links to induction methods.

Here's a FAQ list on lucid dreaming

Some Methods

Another page
edit on 29-12-2011 by My.mind.is.mine because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
I use to get dreams when I was younger where I would be a bird (specifically a dove) flying around and landing on beams inside buildings and such. Later on I was all of sudden able to fly on my own in my dreams without being a bird and I would know this because my flights usually had a boss fight of some sort at the end lol. Anyways, I don't know too much about completely controlling dreams but I know how to induce certain dreams/event. All you have to do is imagine what you would like your dream to be before dosing off, basically playing off in your head w/e you would like your dream to be. It also helps to watch a show or perhaps an anime/cartoon revolved around flying and sleeping to it.

I've done this many times myself but not as of late since I'm having trouble sleeping properly but yeah, I think after a while you will come to mastering your own dreams to the point where you can control them like I was able to do without any prior knowledge about lucid dreaming. It may be hard to get the hang of it and may not work sometimes, you just have to keep those thoughts going long enough for yourself to sleep on them.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   
I fly in almost every dream. Ive found that in order to properly fly I have to "charge" up my energy, which sort of feels like an adrenalin rush or getting a running start before I take off.

Ive also ran out of energy before and fell to the ground. I think the amount of confidence in believing youre flying you have the better. I also do some pretty acrobatic stuff, like jumping off of walls and such.

just honestly believe you can fly, like flying is easier than walking, or its not really flying its just very small gravity.
Set your intentions and it will manifest.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   
I love flying dreams, when i was younger my dreams were more uncontrolable but when i'm dreaming now and realize it, i can usualy fly how i want.
best flying dream i had was where i could fly fast and then crash into the ocean and remain at high speeds, was like swimming without moving my arms and legs. was awesome fly/swimming under the north pole ice cap.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Reply to post by Bex33

I usually realize i'm dreaming after the flying part. Ill attempt to fly again later on in the dream but cant and say to myself "i know i was just flying" at this point I realize i'm dreaming.

most of the time in these dreams I fly around aimlessly, the falling dreams are the ones i can control. Im able to pitch towards the direction I want to go before hitting the ground. If I find something I can slide down I try to glide towards it and if successful I survive and dont wake up, very fun

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Personally, when lucid dreaming, I hate flying.

I try to shape my dreams as my real life without all the stress and bull#, and wars, and suffering. Basically I can be truly happy for 3 hours. No bills, no messed up childhood, no government, no nothing.

Dreams are truly a gift, depending on how you shape them.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   
When I get scared in a dream I start swimming through the air to escape the situation. (I always swim the breast stroke -
) I've been dreaming that way since childhood.

The interesting thing: After I wake up I always feel like flying is evil or wrong or something. I've always wondered why I feel that way.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   
I fly in most every dream, no matter how fantastic or realistic the dream may be.

Flying for me started very physical, it was like swimming through the air. Then in one dream, an Old Man in a brown derby hat and suit with a walking cane gave me an old book. I read it, and I've flown completely different ever since. Power lines still freak me out though.

I have spoken of the Old Man on here once before, at least one other person reported a similar entity in their dreams. But I believe he represents something. I was very young at the time of all these dreams.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   
I dont fly I float
the funny thing is before I start floating in my dream, I get my mind into a kind of zone, when I feel Iam in the zone I start to float but when I wake up I come outof that zone but feel if I could get my mindset right I could float in real life.
A bit like the dudes in hidden badger flying llama

I love my floating dreams but have no idea how to induce them.
Cheers for the thread oh and that baby look's like a right cheeky monkey

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
I dont fly I float
the funny thing is before I start floating in my dream, I get my mind into a kind of zone, when I feel Iam in the zone I start to float but when I wake up I come outof that zone but feel if I could get my mindset right I could float in real life.
A bit like the dudes in hidden badger flying llama

I love my floating dreams but have no idea how to induce them.
Cheers for the thread oh and that baby look's like a right cheeky monkey

HAHA your post made me laugh because that is exactly how I feel! In my dreams I used to be a flying ace, it is very natural to me but it does require me to believe and give the energy boost described by others. When I wake, I feel as though if I just believed again and just got the boost again I could easily fly - I have even had times when I was younger when I would stand their trying to float up and would be almost bewildered that it no longer worked... it couldnt be a dream it was too real is what I would think.

I don't dream of flying anymore, I used to wish I would get the ability to fly back from God, santa, the tooth fairy - and was actually gutted when my mum told me I will never be able to fly without technology.
I soon moved on to wanting to fly Jets, so I could feel the freedom, speed and agility of flying again, worked my butt of through school to get the grades, went in a simulator when they came to our school and aced it (got told I had amazing reflexes and was a natural) only to fail the eye exam and be told I would never be a jet pilot... pretty much gave up on flying then and have never had the dreams since... I would give anything to fly like a bird as I used to in my dreams.
edit on 29-12-2011 by byteshertz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
my.mind.is.mine is right about what you are asking being lucid dreaming. If you can learn how to lucid dream, you will be able to induce the dreams and control your flying.

I have been working on trying to lucid dream for about a month but have not been able to do it yet. A lot of people say that we all have lucid dreams as a part of our every night dreaming- That may be true. If we're already having lucid dreams, maybe the key is just a matter of becoming aware and plugging-in to the dream during a lucid dream so that we can participate.

Anyway, best of luck to you.

And, my.mind.is.mine... Thank you for the great links.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Cool question!

I get this same feeling with nightmares, and dreams where im having sex - with the sex dreams i used to wake and think DAMN, she so fine!! Only if i would of had another 5 or 6 seconds! But now when i have them, i'll leave the women a right off because i can control my dream and make my self go that extra bit further!

With nightmares, i dont wake up scared no more, i realize, in my dream that its a nightmare and instantly wake up.

Thanks for sharing this x

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

Thanks for the links

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Meaningless

Hahaha loving the boss fights at the end.....I'm guessing you're a bit of a gamer?

Thanks, will give your tips a try tonight!

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by metalshredmetal

Oh wow, I wish it was happening in all of my dreams! I get what you are saying about being charged up, it kind of feels like I am running out of something before a fall.

I was ready for it last night and believed I could fly wherever I like but no such luck

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by listerofsmeg

That sounds fun! The only dream I ever had underwater resulted in me getting tangled in weeds and waking up with sleep paralysis Ha!

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by strafgod

Yeah you try to find a safe spot to land but even if you don't you generally land softly anyway and wonder what the fuss was all about haha

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

Awww......wishing you brighter days.

Sometimes I try to shape my dreams but then something happens and I think to myself 'Oi, I didn't create that!' and then give up.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by cloudyday

Hahaha breaststroke through the air.

I wonder why you feel like that, I've never thought of the flying as evil or wrong, it always feels quite natural. Maybe it was the content of the dream that made you feel that way?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join