It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Arab League - Head of 'Observer' mission to Syria

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Any hope that the Arab League was finally going to help bring about positive change in Syria or anywhere else in the middle east for that matter is now dead and buried.

The chief of the monitoring contingent Mustafa Al- Dabi said "Some places looked a bit of a mess but there was nothing frightening," during his visit to Homs, the city activists say is the epicenter of nine months of deadly clashes with government forces.

'Nothing Frightening' ??? Maybe someone should ask Mr Mustafa Al-Dabi what his definititon of 'frightening' actually is? Could the Arab League possibly have picked a worse person to send as the head' Observer'? Looking at his history, this man would be more inclined to cheer rather than 'observe' a civilian masacre.

So who is Mr Mustafa Al-Dabi?

Syrian activists have criticised the choice of Mustafa al-Dabi, a Sudanese general, to head the Arab League's observer mission to Syria.Al-Dabi is a staunch loyalist of Sudanese President Omar al-Bashir, who is wanted by the International Criminal Court for genocide committed in Darfur.

Al-Dabi was Sudan's military intelligence chief, and was sent to Darfur to quell the unrest there. He is accused of creating the Arab militias known as the Janjaweed.

Unbelievable, the Arab League decides to come to the rescue and the first move is to send a Sudanese General with more blood on his hands than possibly anyone else currently walking the planet. Who better than someone with experience in the act of Genocide. I'm sure the people of Syria now feel a lot safer.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   
I just watched an interview about this on ABC with the head of peoples rights in Syria. He said that the revolt was eventually going to turn to civil war if there was no intervention.. Because there isn't a viable financial gain I highly doubt that will happen and so this civil war will probably envelop more of the surrounding countries. Hopefully something gets done about this but I really don't think something will be done.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by BigBruddah
I just watched an interview about this on ABC with the head of peoples rights in Syria. He said that the revolt was eventually going to turn to civil war if there was no intervention.. Because there isn't a viable financial gain I highly doubt that will happen and so this civil war will probably envelop more of the surrounding countries. Hopefully something gets done about this but I really don't think something will be done.

Hi BigBruddah, it is a very strange situation what's happening in the world at the moment, The only thing that is for certain is that it will be innocent civilians that suffer the most regardless of the next move,

As for the Arab League, to send this man Al-Dabi as their observer begs the question who's side are they on. Did they really send him because they are worried about is happening to the people of Syria? I doubt it because this mans experience makes him more suited to helping Assad than the Syrian people. He certainly not someone you send to 'observe' or to negotiate. He is someone you would send to organise extreme violence to either end the uprising, or end the Assad regime depending on which side the Arab League and UN are actually backing.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I guess I'll have to think of a more extremely over the top thread title next time. I would have thought the fact that the Arab League and UN sent their General of Genocide to observe the situation in Syria would be of interest. I think this is a fairly significant piece of the puzzle for anyone trying to figure out what is truly going on in the middle east at the moment.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
This is merely a move for show, the international community has no intention of getting involved in the Syrian situation. Or at least, they don't want to appear to be taking any side. It looks like they just want to make it look to their own people as if they're concerned and doing something about it.

Nobody wants to upset Assad in case he stays in power, I guess. Same goes with the rebels.

I haven't looked into this myself, but I heard the head of the rebels has a dark past of his own. Will look into it.

top topics

join