It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Aircraft Carrier Enters Zone Near Iranian Oil Route as Tensions Rise

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

What does this have to do with your movie references of 'nuclear triggers'? Yea, we produced small yield fission munitions (the active term is produced). From your citation

Small, two-man portable, or truck-portable, tactical weapons (sometimes misleadingly referred to as suitcase nukes), such as the Special Atomic Demolition Munition and the Davy Crockett recoilless rifle, have been developed, although the difficulty of combining sufficient yield with portability could limit their military utility.

Fission weapons require a super-critical mass depending upon the specific fissile material. That is acheived by shaping the material using a shaped HE charge. (the 'nuclear trigger'). The problem is, that in all cases this requires a certain minimum mass occupying (upon super-criticality) a certain minimum volume based upon the specific material. This makes the idea of a 'suitcase nuke' (which was what started this back-and-forth) impracticable as again evidenced by the very citation you used. The closer to minimum critical mass for which you design the less reliable the outcome and the greater the need for constant maintenance of the device. And this entirely omits the serious discussion of shielding to protect the operators let alone the necessary control electronics.

Pontificate that.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
So SICK of the False flag stuff that i ALWAYS see on ATS. That has to be one of the most over-used terms on here yet no falsf flag events ever happen.

I'm sorry. Did I hear you go Baaaa! Like one of the sheeple? No False Flags have happened?

Ok. Some examples...... Pearl Harbour, Gulf Of Tonkin aka Vietnam, 9/11, 7/7........Do those ring any bells for you? There are countless others but I'll have to sift through my right side of my brain and not my left.........
edit on 29/12/2011 by stevcolx because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   

So SICK of the False flag stuff that i ALWAYS see on ATS. That has to be one of the most over-used terms on here yet no falsf flag events ever happen.

Damn, you must really...really....really be a intellegent person, who is aware of everything that goes on in the World. Provably, you are reading this while I type it, even before posting, because such skills of perception about reality and History are clearly at the same level of GODS.

I feel tiny next to your knowledge of world politics, economics and military strategy.

HOWEVER, my good god of knowledge and wisdom, I must be brave enough to point out your lack of vision:

It's called, the "Gleiwitz Incident".

Irrelevant may you think. But it isn't.

You see, World War 2 was the worst thing that happened to modern civilization. If WW1 was bad-taste as hell, imagine the wonders of WW2, it "just" ended with two nuclear explosions and re-shaped all modern ways of how governments act.

And you know what was the first event to kick-start it?

Yes, a STAGED attack by, who would become, the greatest aggressor in recent history.

On the night of 31 August 1939, a small group of German operatives, dressed in Polish uniforms and led by Naujocks, seized the Gleiwitz station and broadcast a short anti-German message in Polish (sources vary on the content of the message). The Germans' goal was to make the attack and the broadcast look like the work of anti-German Polish saboteurs.
To make the attack seem more convincing, the Germans brought in Franciszek Honiok, a German Silesian known for sympathizing with the Poles, who had been arrested the previous day by the Gestapo. Honiok was dressed to look like a saboteur; then killed by lethal injection, given gunshot wounds, and left dead at the scene, so that he appeared to have been killed while attacking the station. His corpse was subsequently presented as proof of the attack to the police and press.
In addition to Honiok, several other prisoners from the Dachau concentration camp were kept available for this purpose. The Germans referred to them by the code phrase "Konserve" ("canned goods"). For this reason, some sources incorrectly refer to the incident as "Operation Canned Goods."

The Gleiwitz incident was a part of a larger operation, carried out by Abwehr and SS forces. At the same time as the Gleiwitz attack, there were other incidents orchestrated by Germany along the Polish-German border, such as house torching in the Polish Corridor and spurious propaganda output. The entire project, dubbed Operation Himmler and comprising 21 incidents in all, was intended to give the appearance of Polish aggression against Germany.
For months prior to the 1939 invasion, German newspapers and politicians like Adolf Hitler accused Polish authorities of organizing or tolerating violent ethnic cleansing of ethnic Germans living in Poland.
On the day following the Gleiwitz attack, 1 September 1939, Germany launched the Fall Weiss operation — the invasion of Poland — initiating World War II in Europe. On the same day, in a speech in the Reichstag, Adolf Hitler cited the 21 border incidents, with three of them called very serious, as justification for Germany's "defensive" action against Poland. Just a few days earlier, on 22 August, he had told his generals, "I will provide a propagandistic casus belli. Its credibility doesn't matter. The victor will not be asked whether he told the truth."

Doesn't this crap sound all too familiar?

You see, good god, sometimes, when you think you are the most intelligent person, you are being the dumbest.

I do agree that panic is stupid and for stupid people, but if people are aware, then the people has enough power to call BS when it happens.

And mostly, you should really avoid going from thread to thread, posting crap condescending on other members, like you know something we don't, when you clearly don't even know the details of something like... World War 2.
edit on 29/12/11 by Tifozi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Never said a false flag hasnt happened but you guys on ATS post imminent so called false flag events every other day and nothing ever happens!!! The few false flag events that have happened throughout history should be enought to tell you that they ARENT THAT FREQUENT YET YOU FOLKS ACT LIKE THEY HAPPEN EVERY DAY!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Every time there is a military exercise somewhere, every time there is a FEMA drill somewhere etc, folks on here scream "eeewww its another false flag" and NOTHING ever happens. Fearmongering terrorist on here working for the government. You guys justy want to keep people in a constant state of fear. This webiste was actually a decent place before the gov't took it over with all the fearmongering topics and posts.
edit on 29-12-2011 by princeofpeace because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chargeit
I hear a lot of crap about what America's doing. What about the Iranians? From every thing I see their just as responsible for fanning this fire. Why can't they be the bigger men and stand down? Seems to me that their suffering hard from a Napoleon complex. And also. I'm tired of every one speaking about Americans like were down in the dumps eating out of trash cans no electricity poor. Thats bull #. Just because we're paying 3.50 for a gallon of gas. I know between my wife and I we bring in well under the avg home income yet here I am sitting in front of a computer widescreen to the right of me and my wife sitting at her computer. We have a roof over our heads, a car in the drive way, food in the fridge, running water, and cellphones in our pockets. I think to much of this generation expects to have the best of every thing just provided to them. If you want more save. If you want fun learn to go without other things. I'd love to see any one who posts about how poor Americans are to go check out some 4th world country and see what real poor is. Just because u can't have every thing you want when you want it doesn't mean your hopelessly poor. Any way get off the I hate my country band wagon and do something about it.

Personally, I love my country, so I think it my responsibility to bring to your attention some of the crap our government has been doing (or, more accurately, has done). What about the Iranians? Well, this;

secure.wikimedia.org...

Pretty obvious why would they have a chip on their shoulders regards the United States. By the same token, I cannot think of a better textbook example of a 'false flag operation'. There is an excellent book that has been published regards these events, titled "All The Shah's Men". Highly recommended reading, and goes a long way towards explaining current anti-American sentiment in the middle east.

Agreed, Americans are not as poor as some, and their are many who should be thankful with what they do have...but then there are a lot who do not have, and not necessarily through any fault of their own. Over the last three years my family and I have travelled through West Virginia, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Indiana, Illinois, Wyoming, Colorado, New Mexico, Kansas, Nebraska, and Utah. And with a few exceptions (major cities, and a few suburbs), we've seen what can only be described as economic devastation, and we've seen this up and close as we always take the long, back way everywhere we go. (You really cannot get to know a place and its people by blitzing through on the interstate, and we feel it our obligation as citizens to see as much of our nation as time allows.)

Being frugal goes a long way towards making life easier, but you cannot be frugal if there is no income, and in a lot of places there are either few jobs to speak of, or not enough jobs of the sort that can support a family. As the economy continues to collapse this will be more and more the norm for more Americans, and as it grows it will continue to devastate our very social fabric, compounded by a safety net laid bare by financing destroying and rebuilding nations overseas. My wife teaches in a school (K-8) where there are never more than forty students at any given time; as it is they've already lost four students this year account the families of these students becoming homeless because their parents could not find work. No child should ever have to experience such a fate, especially in a society that spends so much time beating themselves on the chest about what Christians they are. When I first heard of this, I went into the bathroom when no one else was home, sat down, and wept, as I have a daughter, and fear for her generation.

So there are more and more everyday who are left with no job, no income, no home, no way to provide for their children, no hope...nothing left but pride. And those who hold the reigns of governance play on this but pointing up demons and evildoers who are largely phantoms for anyone living in middle America, giving the self-esteem of Americans a shot in the arm by waging war...wars that in the end only benefit arms contractors and other like-minded profiteers.

I had a few friends back east who travelled to Iran time and again (they had family there), and contrary to popular belief, they do not hate Americans as individuals. By all accounts they were welcomed with open arms, and were given an open invite to bring friends the next time they visited. They hate our government, but given what I stated earlier in this missive, I think it safe to say that they have good reason to. How would you feel about, say, the Polish if they assisted in overthrowing our democratically elected government because we did not subscribe to their geopolitical leanings?

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

I see your point but our past history justifies what is happening now. When you look at what is happening now through the mainstream media and you ask people that were actually there at the time or people that are there now like in Syria you have to ask yourself. What the hell is really going on? Our true history has been falsified. Why? To stop us learning the truth of our past and our future. False Flags are a way to forward the agendas of the 'people' that rule over us now. They are a way of changing this planet for them to rule what will be left of the human race forever. If these false flags and agendas are correct then the human race will be f**ked. We will die! For the NWO. What is left of the human race will be controlled as slaves.

Our families will be destroyed. Our social structure will be gone. Do we really want this to happen? Over the years the conspiracies have pointed to this future nightmare. Now they are happening.

If the people don't wake up and all say NO to this then we might as well be dead. If this is wrong and there is no conspiracy then there will be nothing lost. But looking at what is going on and the hundreds of thousands of innocent people being slaughtered around the world it looks like the past conspiracy theories are now coming TRUE!!

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Every time there is a military exercise somewhere, every time there is a FEMA drill somewhere etc, folks on here scream "eeewww its another false flag" and NOTHING ever happens. Fearmongering terrorist on here working for the government. You guys justy want to keep people in a constant state of fear. This webiste was actually a decent place before the gov't took it over with all the fearmongering topics and posts.

Yeah, drawing a paycheck from the government would be nice...word on the street is that they draw a nice chunk of change (with good benefits) with not much in the way of accountability. But, personally speaking, I do not work for the government, nor would I ever. I'm just not light enough to make the team, I'm afraid.

As far as your argument that there are government shills on here pointing up the ways and means of 'false flag' operations...well, all due respect, it makes no sense. 'False flag' operations are usually carried out in a subversive manner by the intelligence communities of one sovereign state or another, with the aim of influencing domestic and/or foreign policy of one or more sovereign states, all while skirting international law. Simply put, playing dirty pool to achieve one's own ends, while keeping the average citizen in the dark.

No intelligence community worth its salt would send operatives out into the civilian community to raise awareness of such goings-on, as while there would be many who would shout it down as wind in sails, there would be a percentage of the populace who would take heed, start to pay close attention, and apply Occam's Razor when something did not pass the smell test.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Forgive me if this has been mentioned or asked:

The US navy confirmed on Thursday the aircraft carrier John C. Stennis had indeed headed for the Gulf of Oman, accompanied by guided-missile cruiser Mobile Bay and several other vessels. But that was “a pre-planned, routine transit” as the group was to provide air support to allied troops in Afghanistan, said Lt. Rebecca Rebarich, the spokesperson for the US Fifth Fleet.

Via RT: rt.com...

I'm curious as to what the "John C. Stennis" has on board. All i can guess is that it houses several fight jets (being an air craft carrier after all). Is there a possibility of it housing more destructive weapons? Long range missilies? Possibly even portable tactical nukes? I'm simply asking what weaponry it is known to carry on board.

I can't say i am surprised in the slightest at this event though, we must have all seen this coming... In the ex-text above it mentions "routine transit"... i think is a bit of a lie to cover their true reason.

Really... with all this action of talk happening around this specific area in the world, i think it is more than a coincidence the US have turned up here with perfect timing...

I'm going to assume to US is hoping for Iran to initiate some kind of pre-emptive strike out of fear to defend itself. Iran is smarter than that, and if this is the US' "plan" it is not going to work.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by InsideYourMind
Forgive me if this has been mentioned or asked:

The US navy confirmed on Thursday the aircraft carrier John C. Stennis had indeed headed for the Gulf of Oman, accompanied by guided-missile cruiser Mobile Bay and several other vessels. But that was “a pre-planned, routine transit” as the group was to provide air support to allied troops in Afghanistan, said Lt. Rebecca Rebarich, the spokesperson for the US Fifth Fleet.

Via RT: rt.com...

I'm curious as to what the "John C. Stennis" has on board. All i can guess is that it houses several fight jets (being an air craft carrier after all). Is there a possibility of it housing more destructive weapons? Long range missilies? Possibly even portable tactical nukes? I'm simply asking what weaponry it is known to carry on board.

I can't say i am surprised in the slightest at this event though, we must have all seen this coming... In the ex-text above it mentions "routine transit"... i think is a bit of a lie to cover their true reason.

Really... with all this action of talk happening around this specific area in the world, i think it is more than a coincidence the US have turned up here with perfect timing...

I'm going to assume to US is hoping for Iran to initiate some kind of pre-emptive strike out of fear to defend itself. Iran is smarter than that, and if this is the US' "plan" it is not going to work.

Four fighter squadrons, one EAS squadron, one carrier-borne AWACS squadron, one helicopter squadron, one maritime (anti-sub) warfare squadron, and one logistics squadron. Think it safe to say that she's armed to the teeth. On paper, she should be accompanied by 4-6 guided missile frigates and destroyers.

Regards 'the plan', I've been thinking the very same thing.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81
Saddam, Kim Jong Il, Ghadafi, Hitler
Put them all together and it will not even come close to the amount of ruined life
Israel regime did to have what they want

Did the Israeli Military kill 6 MILLION Palestinians?... Nazi's did.

You're off your rocker.

Israel was attacked on all sides in 3 Arab-League initiated wars... and lost.
edit on 29-12-2011 by CALGARIAN because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
The John C Stennis is a Nimitz class carrier........................

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Tifozi

Brilliantly said.

To the person asserting that there were no false flag operations in history. Not sure whose history your talking about but the one i know and remember has quite a few. If your a shill here to cause chaos, weak effort. If your a sheep with no comprehension of history and only want to tow the propergander machine good luck. If however you are a genuinely curious person with an interest of the affairs of the world and have simply not been informed on the subject? I would suggest you listen to some of the people on here who know what they are talking about. Incidentally thats not me. Im learning things just like everybody else but i know i dont know.

Trust me you will get nowhere towing the company(cia) line. Think independent and do your own research.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
well well looks like the rhetoric is flying thick and fast

Iran naval chief says closing gulf to oil traffic would be easy

"Closing the Strait of Hormuz for Iran's armed forces is really easy ... or, as Iranians say, it will be easier than drinking a glass of water," Habibollah Sayyari told the country's English language Press TV. "But right now, we don't need to shut it as we have the Sea of Oman under control, and we can control the transit."

And it seems the US is selling jets to the Saudis LMAO weren't the guys that attacked the twin towers Saudi? And the courts find that Iran had helped the 911 terrorists hahha talk about backwards world. where up is down and down is up.

US Announces Saudi Arms Deal Amid Gulf Tensions

The nearly $30 billion sale to Saudi Arabia of advanced-model U.S. F-15 fighter jets and associated weapons systems had been planned for more than a year.

Really? more than a year? hmm sounds about right...Looks like someone is going to have a very happy new year in deed. Halliburton im looking at you

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

were silent like ninjas u just make sure u know who ur enemies are america is waking up!!

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   

A Nimitz class Super Carrier. There is a difference. Iran is stupid for getting that close to the Carrier Stennis although the U.S. navy is respecting Iran's rights to the water way, air lanes as well or the Stennis could have enacted the normal 125 mile buffer zone around the carrier and blown the whole Iranian navy out of the area.

Really this is nothing new. U.S. carriers transit the Persian Gulf all the time and if the U.S. planed to attack the Stennis would be hidden from easy view and nothing but friendly planes would be allowed in the 125 miles no fly zone.

The Stennis has an inner defense perimeter that the Iranians have been allowed to play in because of the tight quarters of the straight. One word from the captain and Sea Sparrow with 20mm Phalanx CIWS will drop or sink everything it deems a threat.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
The could all be a pre lude to WW3, I hope everyone has there popcorn and bunkers ready
. This is the real deal this time im thinking. The US is done talking trash and I hope Iran can back its talk up, if not we are looking at an attack in the very near future.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Patriotsrevenge

Iran is stupid for getting that close to the Carrier Stennis although the U.S. navy is respecting Iran's rights to the water way

How can Iran be stupid for "getting close" to something within the vicinity of;

it's own territory???

Last time i checked, the USA was on the opposite side of planet earth. Maybe it is the US who is stupid to be "getting close" to Iran... as it clearly shows who the true provocateur is.
edit on 29/12/2011 by InsideYourMind because: font size

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
So what makes this week's Iranian naval drill a prelude to WWIII? US carriers transit the straight all the time.

Originally posted by TheMur
The could all be a pre lude to WW3, I hope everyone has there popcorn and bunkers ready
. This is the real deal this time im thinking. The US is done talking trash and I hope Iran can back its talk up, if not we are looking at an attack in the very near future.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Thats redundant. All Nimitz class carriers ARE super carriers. There are NOT Nimitz class regular carriers and Nimitz class super-carriers.

Originally posted by Patriotsrevenge

A Nimitz class Super Carrier. There is a difference. Iran is stupid for getting that close to the Carrier Stennis although the U.S. navy is respecting Iran's rights to the water way, air lanes as well or the Stennis could have enacted the normal 125 mile buffer zone around the carrier and blown the whole Iranian navy out of the area.

Really this is nothing new. U.S. carriers transit the Persian Gulf all the time and if the U.S. planed to attack the Stennis would be hidden from easy view and nothing but friendly planes would be allowed in the 125 miles no fly zone.

The Stennis has an inner defense perimeter that the Iranians have been allowed to play in because of the tight quarters of the straight. One word from the captain and Sea Sparrow with 20mm Phalanx CIWS will drop or sink everything it deems a threat.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join