U.S. Aircraft Carrier Enters Zone Near Iranian Oil Route as Tensions Rise

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

Not going to happen anytime soon if ever. It's one thing to build a functional nuclear weapon. It's another thing altogether to miniaturize it into a portable container. Extremely difficult to do. Even the West's 'suitcase nukes' were anything but suitcase-sized --- more like footlockers. Their requirement for constant maintenance and their ease of detection rendered them impractical.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by stevcolx

Originally posted by Eurisko2012
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

Iran getting VERY close to testing their very first small nuclear bomb. -check-

When they build a few suitcase size nukes then they will give them to terrorists to
attack Israel.

Terrorists are Israel!!

Saddam, Kim Jong Il, Ghadafi, Hitler
Put them all together and it will not even come close to the amount of ruined life
Israel regime did to have what they want
and it is not because they are scared of Iran nukes
they are ready to nuke Iran pretty hard
but first they want to make it look like legitimate defense ('legal')
and they had to go through so many ME countries with the complete US help
and killed so many people .. just to get to Iran and bomb bomb bomb their arss off
US made the inteligence strategy and probably calculate it would take several yrs before
a legal attack on Iran be possible .. but first we need to conquer all its ME neighboor
they knew that by doind this 9/11 attack .. US and Israel would have a big open door
a sacrifice was needed in the name of Israel .. 3000 inocent americans, +20 000 US soldier and millions of arabs killed ... only for Israel NOT for the USA

its time people know the terrorist regime that is in place in Israel
its a real cancer to the world
and they are occupying and making a genocide with the people they are stealing the land
under the world eyes ...

a lot of things need to change
this crual regime need to be wiped off the map
that was exactly the word of Amhadinejad
somebody removed the word REGIME

you remove that word and the sense change complete
do anyone here thinks Israel or the USA capable of removed such word in the world news
i think yes .. i already know who countrol the media ...
its all a big set up and coincidence of not .. 2012 is slowly approaching

Me thinks Israel wait for their gods to return to earth and grant them big powers
certain people wanted this zionist mad entity to be created in 1967
they didnt cared about the palestinians with their thousand of yrs old generation land

a lot of criminal steal the stuff from innocent and if the victim try to get it back .. they get shot or beated
same kind of people

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508

Not going to happen anytime soon if ever. It's one thing to build a functional nuclear weapon. It's another thing altogether to miniaturize it into a portable container. Extremely difficult to do. Even the West's 'suitcase nukes' were anything but suitcase-sized --- more like footlockers. Their requirement for constant maintenance and their ease of detection rendered them impractical.

You should watch the movie The Peacemaker starring George Clooney.

There is the trigger and then there is the nuclear warhead.
In the movie the very small trigger is removed from the russian warhead and placed inside
of a backpack.

The trigger is not a hydrogen bomb but it can kill a lot of people if set off in a crowded area.
---------
In another movie called The Sum of All Fears a good sized nuclear bomb was placed
in a harmless looking cigarette vending machine. The vending machine was placed
in crowded football stadium in Baltimore, MD.

Don't get lulled into a false sense of security. The threat is very real.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Ohhhh.... I thought we were talking about reality. You didn't say we were talking about movies. Well in that case, in Men in Black they have this little gun called the 'noisy cricket' and...

come on man. Movies are movies. In the real world it's not a viable possibility for the reasons I mentiond. Could they build a 'dirty nuke'? Sure, Very, very easy. But the discussion was about a fission-weapon in the multiple kiloton range.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81
Anyone have a possible date on those sanctions ?

The European Union is considering another set of sanctions against Iran and we continue to do that," said Michael Mann, the spokesman for the EU's Foreign Affairs Chief Catherine Ashton on Wednesday.He noted that the decision would be taken in the next meeting of EU foreign ministers in Brussels on January 30, 2012.

end of January then......

source

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Obama is the one guy who decides where those birdfarms sail right now. To put one there must mean something. I am thinking he has been so disrespected by Iran, Russia, lots of other countries he may be looking for a fight to show he is not a wimp. He may have a little attitude going on. www.ihatethemedia.com...

Also, thinking forward to the election. In the past having a war in progress has helped re-election efforts, don't want to switch leaders in the middle of a big war.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
When the whole saudi arabian ambassador debacle hit, I knew it was just hot air and no war would happen, but this is making me think war will come sooner rather than later. I hope i'm wrong.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I hear a lot of crap about what America's doing. What about the Iranians? From every thing I see their just as responsible for fanning this fire. Why can't they be the bigger men and stand down? Seems to me that their suffering hard from a Napoleon complex. And also. I'm tired of every one speaking about Americans like were down in the dumps eating out of trash cans no electricity poor. Thats bull #. Just because we're paying 3.50 for a gallon of gas. I know between my wife and I we bring in well under the avg home income yet here I am sitting in front of a computer widescreen to the right of me and my wife sitting at her computer. We have a roof over our heads, a car in the drive way, food in the fridge, running water, and cellphones in our pockets. I think to much of this generation expects to have the best of every thing just provided to them. If you want more save. If you want fun learn to go without other things. I'd love to see any one who posts about how poor Americans are to go check out some 4th world country and see what real poor is. Just because u can't have every thing you want when you want it doesn't mean your hopelessly poor. Any way get off the I hate my country band wagon and do something about it.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508

Ohhhh.... I thought we were talking about reality. You didn't say we were talking about movies. Well in that case, in Men in Black they have this little gun called the 'noisy cricket' and...

come on man. Movies are movies. In the real world it's not a viable possibility for the reasons I mentiond. Could they build a 'dirty nuke'? Sure, Very, very easy. But the discussion was about a fission-weapon in the multiple kiloton range.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but reality is on my side.

Click on the link if you want to see reality.
- Tactical Nuclear Bombs -

You should really do your research before pontificating on the messageboards.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   

I like how you say do research but clearly your research comes from conspiracy theory movies and ufo documentaries.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chargeit

I like how you say do research but clearly your research comes from conspiracy theory movies and ufo documentaries.

And........................................here it comes................Wikipedia.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Having read the article, the following can be stated:

Ante up.

That term has meaning, especially if any one gambles, and has to put real money on the table, to get into and stay in the game. The Iranians have threatened to blockade and stop the flow of oil through the straits, and the US is responding by moving a carrier group into the straits to keep it open. Like a game of volley ball, the ball is in the proverbial court of Iran.

Consider this, yes an Air craft carrier is an impressive ship, however, what is not mentioned the rest of the task force, so this is just a bait ship. What they probably do not see is all of the other ships in that carriers task force, the cruisers, destroyers and other auxiliary ships that are waiting just out of range before moving into the strait.

The problem with the straits, it is not just Iran, but the other countries that have to contend with this, and the question is what all do they think and believe would like to happen, as they will have to give support to the US if a shooting war breaks out. They are just as much involved if not more so than just the US and Iran. Iran is working and operating, cause it has China at its back, and right now the whole world watches to see who backs down first and who throws the first punch. Who ever throws the first punch will be the one who gets the hatred of the world and region.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
America does plan on going to war with Iran. I think they wanted to save it for last though, so i'm not sure if right now is go time or not. it's suicide for U.S to goto war. Our system is collapsing, but the U.S regime is willing to kill itself it seems

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by sdcigarpig

Usually they sail with the little ships all around the carrier to protect it. The little ships can electronically spoof any incoming weapons to make them think the little ship is the big ship. The strategy is to sacrifice the little ship to protect the carrier. Probably the whole battle group is there together. That is a really expensive bit of bait.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
listen to that former cia dude saying before.. iraq would be invaded then afghanistan then iran, all for a diff aganda

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wookiep
I've never been big on false flags...but damn I'm going to keep an eye on this when Ron Paul wins Iowa. I think TPTB might get scared enough to make it seem like Iran is such a huge threat that Obama may decide on a full scale un-constitutional attack, trying to guarantee a "wartime" election. Some may think I'm nuts and hell I never thought I'd say it, but I know a lot of people are thinking it.
edit on 29-12-2011 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

False flags...those are going to be key words here very soon, I suspect. Not that the many and sundry are going to be privy to such gongs-on, nor would they think to look for them, which is interesting given how much a part of our aggressor military doctrine they've been over the last half century or so. Operation Northwoods, Gulf of Tonkin...I could sit here all day and rattle off precedent, but that seems pointless.

The pieces are just about in place to make the next manufactured flashpoint a workable proposition for our military and its allies (at least on paper), and the MSM has done a cracker jack job of conditioning the citizenry to believe that Iran is a prehistoric caliphate with no meaningful military, and technological trappings akin to that of a 1930's Buck Rogers serial. I fear that all of the former are going to be in for a rude awakening if this sets off, all the more so if ground operations commence in Iran, which I suspect eventually will happen.

God help us all.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
So SICK of the False flag stuff that i ALWAYS see on ATS. That has to be one of the most over-used terms on here yet no falsf flag events ever happen.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

False flags are when hackers break in to ATS and pad a users flag count.

False stars too...
edit on 29-12-2011 by kawika because: We can do that; we don't even have to have a reason. All right, let's do the same thing, but with gophers -!

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Sorry,

i am NOT blaming the Americans here..you can continue to do so with your conspiracy theories and whatnot, but i won't.

America posed SANCTIONS on Iran which is a reasonable thing to do.

IRAN, however, responded by closing the strait and threatening to mine INTERNATIONAL (!) waters.

So..who here is the war mongerer ? IMO, it's clear that Iran is provoking this and not America and that Iran is acting more childish as compared to the US.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
lol !@false starz

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join