U.S. Aircraft Carrier Enters Zone Near Iranian Oil Route as Tensions Rise

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   

U.S. Aircraft Carrier Enters Zone Near Iranian Oil Route as Tensions Rise

www.foxnews.com

TEHRAN – A U.S. aircraft carrier had entered a zone near the Strait of Hormuz being used by the Iranian navy for wargames, an Iranian official said Thursday amid rising tensions over the key oil transit channel.

Read more: www.foxnews.com...
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www. freep.com
www.chicagotribune.com

edit on 12/29/2011 by 12m8keall2c because: fixed title

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Yeah i know its Faux news but what got me interested was the mention of possible price spikes in crude oil as a result of all this saber rattling.

Even china seems to be getting in on the drama.

So whats the game plan here ? Create a fake crisis to milk even more money out of people by raising the cost of fuel? Or is this the real deal?

Are we seeing the actions of desperate men feeding on themselves? Well either all this Iran drama is going to blow over( which is what im betting my money on) or this will escalate into a massive war(which i dont think will happen).

U.S. warns Iran against closing key oil route
edit on 29-12-2011 by TiM3LoRd because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   
I've always worried we'd enter some kind of conflict at the point it seems they can not continue propping up the global economy and prevent another crash or the civil unrest which will follow.

History shows us the necks of the elite are usually more at risk from the common man in their own country than from those they wage war against, besides the emergency powers enacted during major conflicts will give them complete control over the country/economy/laws/people and redirect the pent up anger elsewhere.

Personally I hope I am wrong, and that nothing comes of this ratcheting up of tensions with Iran.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

No war is real. Its all about money. This is all a set up just like all the other major ones. "sorry america we tried to force iran to give us oil, but you are gunna have to pay 12 bucks a gallon. Blame the muslims. Wanna go kill them?" that will be coming from congress soon. And we will say no. And they will say "ok, get your sons and daughters ready, because we are going to war"

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Iran and the US are trying to get each other to fire the first shot. This stand off is the real thing I think. The US has tried everything to justify a war with Iran. The Saudi bomb plot. The IAEA document that was written up by US interest. And now, 911.
Also Iran came out and said that US leadership was responiable for 911 at the UN a while ago. They are both trying to dig up dirt on one another.
I really believe that there will be a war in 2012. All I can say is thank god I live way down here in NZ.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by thoughtsfull
I've always worried we'd enter some kind of conflict at the point it seems they can not continue propping up the global economy and prevent another crash or the civil unrest which will follow.

History shows us the necks of the elite are usually more at risk from the common man in their own country than from those they wage war against, besides the emergency powers enacted during major conflicts will give them complete control over the country/economy/laws/people and redirect the pent up anger elsewhere.

Personally I hope I am wrong, and that nothing comes of this ratcheting up of tensions with Iran.

Well so do i. Im hoping this is all just high drama for the masses...Whats got me worried is the world economy and the US economy in particular. it seems when all else fails the US blows something up then builds it back up and sends the country a clean up bill. Nice of them dont you think.

Look Iran is no Iraq, everybody knows that. I hope to god the Americans arent stupid enough to go to war against them. It will be worse than Afghanistan Iraq and Vietnam put together. not because Iran is that strong but because people are sick of the American bully tactics. If there is an invasion of Iran there might be a possibility other countries will be drawn into this. I know the people in power understand this, so im hopeful this is all just elaborate acting for the camera.

If however the maniacs actually want a global conflict....well then.....thats a whole other story.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Iraq is all done. Afghanistan is close behind. If we wrap up all the wars where will we test the new weapons? And what will the Army/Navy have to do. We need to keep them busy.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   
This fresh in from RT.

Iran ‘detects’ US aircraft carrier near Strait of Hormuz

Tehran has said its military has filmed a US aircraft carrier during an Iranian maneuvers in the Persian Gulf. Rear Adm. Mahmoud Mousavi said Iran’s navy was “observing moves by foreign forces,” but did not say which carrier was photographed. Iran earlier warned it would block the Strait of Hormuz, through which one-sixth of the world’s oil supply passes, if sanctions are toughened against the country. Tehran is now holding a 10-day military exercise in international waters, AP reports. The US Navy said it would ensure the freedom of navigation in the area.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   
It's clear that USA wants to PLAY WAR GAMES TOO!!!

Toss our congress into the straights too since we're all just playing.

We can throw 'pretend' life preservers! FtW!

Adding former House Speakers and former Governors to the games would be delicious!

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Khamenei controlled Islamic Republic News Agency - IRNA news

US aircraft carrier spotted by Iran navy during drills - official

www.irna.ir/ENNewsShow.aspx?NID=30737964

Chabahr, Sistan and Baluchestan Prov, Dec 29, IRNA – An aircraft carrier belonging to the US Navy was identified in the area where the Velayat-90 drill is underway in south of the country, said the spokesman for the maneuver on Thursday.

The Iranian Navy’s Deputy Commander Rear Admiral Mahmoud Mousavi said the US carrier was identified by an Iranian warplane which was patroling the area of naval exercises.

“This shows that the Iranian Navy keeps a close eye on the movements of all ultra-regional forces in the region and checks their activities,” said Mousavi.

Iran’s naval drills dubbed Velayat-90 started on Saturday and will end on January 3.
edit on 29-12-2011 by xecoybh because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by kawika
Iraq is all done. Afghanistan is close behind. If we wrap up all the wars where will we test the new weapons? And what will the Army/Navy have to do. We need to keep them busy.

Yeah i hear what your saying. All the logic seems to point to this being a precursor for war with Iran. I just cant believe the PTB would be either that stupid or that insane. Millions of people are going to die. On both sides.

The war machine needs something to kill or it will cease to exist. And there is too much money invested in death.

Its amazing how war has developed a consciousness. Its like a living entity that feeds on death and destruction. And any attempt to reduce its grasp of power is met with immediate annihilation.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by aarys

In addition to the RT report, I have found this.

Iran says it has shot video of US aircraft carrier

TEHRAN, Iran (AP) — Iran says one of its surveillance planes has shot video and photographed a U.S. aircraft carrier during an Iranian drill near a strategic waterway in the Persian Gulf.

The official IRNA news agency on Thursday quoted Rear Adm. Mahmoud Mousavi as saying this shows Iran's navy is "observing moves by foreign forces" in the area.

ETA- There are other articles that Ive found, but they copy the exact same articles as FOX and RT.
edit on 29-12-2011 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   
America is not poor just its people. Do you really think, if the congress and the people in charge were poor, starving and budgeting everything, do you think they would start another war? No they would avoid it. But since they make such huge profits from it, they lead us to believe its justified. People need to wake up, we are not war mongering beings, we are tricked i to thinking this way.
en.wikipedia.org...
We are eachother, even when we are so brainwashed that we disbelieve this. Sometimes the light breaks through, and this is our true being.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by CharonIncarnate

Well said. I have been to the US. And I have to say, most of you people are fantastic. Loved my time there. Its just Washington that needs a clense.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   

iraq isn't done. it's just getting started. the "official" pro-west iraqi government controls 10% of iraq. sure they have soldiers riding around in humvees patrolling, but its just show.

the real power are people like al-sadr who have the loyality, hearts and minds of the majority of the people.

it's only a matter of time before they seize power and the people will long for the days of saddam hussein.

iraq was a major clusterf-ck of death, corruption, theft, greed and criminal indifference.

evil is a better term to describe the iraq war. was one man, saddam, really worth it. was he that dangerous.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   
I've never been big on false flags...but damn I'm going to keep an eye on this when Ron Paul wins Iowa. I think TPTB might get scared enough to make it seem like Iran is such a huge threat that Obama may decide on a full scale un-constitutional attack, trying to guarantee a "wartime" election. Some may think I'm nuts and hell I never thought I'd say it, but I know a lot of people are thinking it.
edit on 29-12-2011 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomname

iraq isn't done. it's just getting started. the "official" pro-west iraqi government controls 10% of iraq. sure they have soldiers riding around in humvees patrolling, but its just show.

the real power are people like al-sadr who have the loyality, hearts and minds of the majority of the people.

it's only a matter of time before they seize power and the people will long for the days of saddam hussein.

iraq was a major clusterf-ck of death, corruption, theft, greed and criminal indifference.

evil is a better term to describe the iraq war. was one man, saddam, really worth it. was he that dangerous.

Dont get me started with Iraq. I cant believe the trumped up story they cooked up and sold the US population and now the same rehashed garbage is being recycled and fed intravenously to a comatose population. So desensitized from the lying, death and loss of everything they thought was great about the USA, the population are almost impotent to stop this madness if it comes to pass.

My question to the people of America is this:

When are you as a population going to wake up and smell the crap that has hit the fan? When are you going to take action against these people that have stolen your land your rights your money and soon your freedom.

"Land of the free and the home of the brave??" really you live in the land of the free?? come on its in your anthem... Its like watching the death of a demi god in slow motion. Nobody can believe its happening because nobody thought it was possible. But the titanic DID sink and if the American people dont turn this ship around it too will sink and so will the hope of any peace for the next 20 years.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   
It appears that the US aircraft Carrier is the USS John C. Stennis

www.interaksyon.com...

"We are prepared, in accordance with international law, to confront offenders who do not respect our security perimeters during the manoeuvres," the IRIB network quoted Mousavi as saying.

The US aircraft carrier was believed to the USS John C. Stennis, one of the US navy's biggest warships.

US officials announced Wednesday that the ship and its accompanying carrier strike group moved through the Strait of Hormuz, a narrow stretch at the entrance to the Gulf that is the world's most important choke point for oil shipments.

After warnings from the Iranian government and navy this week that Iran could close the strait if threatened by further Western sanctions, the US Defence Department warned Wednesday that such actions "will not be tolerated."

In addition to the above, here's what Iran is testing in their war games.

www.panarmenian.net...

PanARMENIAN.Net - The Iranian Navy plans to test its advanced missiles and smart torpedoes during the ongoing naval wargames, codenamed Velayat 90, in Southern waters, a senior Navy commander announced.

"During the coming days of the wargames, the Navy will launch advanced short-range, mid-range and long-range missiles and also smart torpedoes," Deputy Commander of the Navy for Coordination Admiral Rastegari told Fars News Agency.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by aarys

I feel you brother, if only the shakes would let up!

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Based on this news report. iran has placed the ball in the US court figuratively and literally. If the US or the UN (same same) impose sanctions against Iranian exports then the Iranians will have no other choice but to close off the straight.

Looks to me to be a game of who will blink first. The cards are on the table.

Dam this could get messy.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join