It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian officials in town of Nazran claims to have captured a "Bigfoot"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Wow. No question at all. That's fake. No reason for a second line.

Oh well. I'll just say it again: FAKE.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I would love nothing more than for Bigfoot to be proven to exist, but this video reeks of "Hoax".
But at least it is a step up from a gorilla suit in a freezer with possum guts dumped on it.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
It's indeed a hoax/fake.
Here's an update from Pravda.ru:

UPDATE: It was later reported that the news about the captured Yeti was a hoax. Bagaudin Marshani stated that reporters misinterpreted his words. "That was a life-size puppet that we are going to use for New Year holidays. You guys just think - it's December 29th - what kind of Yeti can there be before the New Year holidays?

He will be our Yeti for three days: on December 29, 30 and 31," the minister said. "The holiday for children will start at 2 p.m. Ded Moroz and Snegurochka are arriving today on a special flight from Greenland.

They will get to meet the Yeti that we "captured." There will also be ten talking animals at the holiday - a wolf, a squirrel and others. Ded Moroz will introduce the Yeti to children," the minister said.
Officials with the Border Department of the Federal Security Bureau Directorate in the Republic of Ingushetia rejected the information about the capture of the so-called Yeti by the republican border guards. "News agencies distributed the information without checking the facts. It's a hoax," the press service of the department told Interfax.

english.pravda.ru...

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Found this video...

Video Description: Russian news story with apparent footage of a captured "Bigfoot" like creature.

ETA: This is one of the vids mentioned in the OP. Skip to about 0:40 to see the alleged Bigfoot that was captured.

Walks upright indeed, but so would a small human in a gorilla costume. So far, I am not convinced.

edit on 12/29/2011 by UberL33t because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ophios
It's indeed a hoax/fake.
Here's an update from Pravda.ru:

UPDATE: It was later reported that the news about the captured Yeti was a hoax. Bagaudin Marshani stated that reporters misinterpreted his words. "That was a life-size puppet that we are going to use for New Year holidays. You guys just think - it's December 29th - what kind of Yeti can there be before the New Year holidays?

He will be our Yeti for three days: on December 29, 30 and 31," the minister said. "The holiday for children will start at 2 p.m. Ded Moroz and Snegurochka are arriving today on a special flight from Greenland.

They will get to meet the Yeti that we "captured." There will also be ten talking animals at the holiday - a wolf, a squirrel and others. Ded Moroz will introduce the Yeti to children," the minister said.
Officials with the Border Department of the Federal Security Bureau Directorate in the Republic of Ingushetia rejected the information about the capture of the so-called Yeti by the republican border guards. "News agencies distributed the information without checking the facts. It's a hoax," the press service of the department told Interfax.

english.pravda.ru...

Hoax claim posted to Crytomundo as well.

“News agencies distributed the information without checking the facts. It’s a hoax,” the press service of the department told Interfax.
Cryptomundo

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by N3k9Ni
What is this? The Russian version of the Onion?

That is probably the most pathetic Bigfoot video I've ever seen.

Yes it was.
But I laughed......I needed a decent laugh and this was ok lolz

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by dreamingawake

Hoax? I am shocked, shocked I tell you.

On second thought the arms were too short...

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowLink
You would think if it was real and they had it in a cage, they would at least zoom in on it once to show what it really looks like.
But I guess that would show that it's really an idiot in a suit.
I was so excited when I clicked on this thread. Thanks for the let down. And the laugh too I guess.

Your welcome!!

LOL!!

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by kawika
reply to post by admiralmary

guys you know that link could be spyware or a trojan or anything

Hi Mary,

Suggest you switch from Windows to Ubuntu or any other Linux operating system software to avoid such concerns. www.ubuntu.com...

K

Or try Firefox...

2nd

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by theRiverGoddess

Originally posted by N3k9Ni
What is this? The Russian version of the Onion?

That is probably the most pathetic Bigfoot video I've ever seen.

Yes it was.
But I laughed......I needed a decent laugh and this was ok lolz

Darn!! Yes it certainly looked as fake as hell. I just couldn't believe they put it on the Russian News.... so I thought I'd better post it. lol!

Just goes to show you: never trust the mass media to check the facts.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Pravda

Pravda is Russian for "truth".

Sometimes I check the English version of pravda for fun. I notice the Yeti story is still on the front page of their website. Kind of like a supermarket tabloid.

K

Yeti story at Pravda
edit on 31-12-2011 by kawika because: added link

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join