It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Lights

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Saw 2 strange lights in the sky last night at about 20:00 GMT + 1. Location: Hassi Messaoud, Algeia. Alot of people saw the lights and because I am a UFO enthusiast they asked me what the were.

Lol I don't know. Maybe reflections from the Flares coming from the Gas wells. Or they could be solar flares. Dunno. But there was only 2 of them and there are multiple flares all over the desert.

What do u guys think?

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   
about what?

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   
About what they actually are?

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by stevcolx

oh ok
well i only see one little light in ur first pic
a dimmed light in ur second
also i have no info on their movement
so it could be anything i guess

tell us a little more about what u saw
that would help i guess

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Well ok. They weren't moving. They were just sitting still. Only watched them for about 10 minutes. The one on the right was dim then it brightened up as the clouds moved from over it. Kinda strange. But it could be explained away as solar flares or reflections. Hard to say really. I made a joke to one of the locals that it was Nuclear Missiles being launched.

He didn't get it lol!

But I've been working here in Algeria for 3 years and I've never seen that before!! Neither have the locals.

One of the locals (Muslim) did say something silly. He said it was Angels. Yikes!!

But there you go!!

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Aliens :3 but then again i am hardly skeptic about them. Its too obvious they exsist. But i am sure you will hear a bunch of possible causes. But the ufos are showing themselves more on purpose and it is going to get a lot harder to be a skeptic.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Well I think you're far luckier to have actually seen this than we are at seeing these photos because as usual cameras are abit rubbish at picking out things in the night sky.
I appreciate you posting your experience though. Nice one!
(He didn't get your nuke joke??? ha ha!)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Hi there
The 2nd picture does look like it's being illuminated by light rays from the bottom of the pic, I cant make threads yet as I am a newbie but I thought I'd share one of my experience's with something unknown.
I't was about midnight and I went out for a smoke with my brother we were both on a holiday caravan site right next to a nuclear capable power plant when all of a sudden a flash of plasma or lightning struck upwards in the sky for just a split second it was so fast my bro didn't see it when I told him, it also burned into my eyes for a few minutes like when you look at a lightbulb lol.

To me it appeared about the size of a tennis ball and moved about 200m but that's all just perspective it could of been massive and far away or tiny and upclose I thought ball lightning but really I haven't got a clue.

Anyone got any clue to what I saw?

I saw it about 3rd July this year at a place called Heysham/Morecambe UK close to blackpool if anyone would like more info I'd be happy to share

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by RAY1990

That's a strange sighting. Do Nuclear Power Plants do that? You'd have to ask around to see if that is a common occurence.

I've seen a few UFO's over the last few years. I sometimes see them in the sky above my house. But they are so distant my camera never picks them up. But you can tell what they are when you see them start and stop really quickly and do their usual zipping and right angle turns. My wife has seen a few too. It's cool to see them zipping around. We live in Scotland, North West of Aberdeen.

But the object you saw. Sounds like a Plasma discharge or something. Hmm strange!

I think the lights in the photos above are reflections. lol but there's only two out of god knows how many flares!!

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by stevcolx

I did a bit research on it before but I never got far when I saw it I thought rogue protons or something from the plant
it could of been ball lightning I'm not sure though it was fast and seemed to move away from the plant

top topics

join