It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kelly Clarkson tweets her love for Ron Paul to 1 million fans.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
"I love Ron Paul. I liked him a lot during the last republican nomination and no one gave him a chance. If he wins the nomination for the Republican party in 2012 he's got my vote. Too bad he probably won't."

Lots of hateful tweets were aimed at her afterwards and she replied with this.

"Man my eyes have been opened to so much hate tonight. If y'all ever disagree with something I say please don't feel the need to attack me. I will listen to what you say and any articles or viewpoints you have when you say it with respect. B...eing hateful is not a healthy way to get people to see or hear you. I was raised to respect people and their decisions and beliefs and I hope you will grant me the same decency. If you don't agree with me simply unfollow me. It's really that easy. I hope you don't because I would love the chance to hear what you have to say but if you're so blinded by hate you can't seek peace and progress then that is your unfortunate prerogative."

Always thought she had a great voice. Never bought any of her music, but I can appreciate her willingness to get her opinion out there. .
edit on 29-12-2011 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-12-2011 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   
What do we expect when a celebrity expresses their political opinions? When celebrities expressed their positive opinion about Obama, they were attacked and ridiculed... This is what happens. Celebrities put their thoughts out there and are attacked for it. She needs to get a tougher skin if she's going to be tweeting politics.

She's no victim, though. Many people don't like Ron Paul. It's just a fact of life. It's her right to express herself and their right to express themselves.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Here is another link to the story:
Kelly Clarkson endorses Ron Paul, gets accused of supporting racism and homophobia

Unfortunate to see so many mindless zombies incapable of critical thinking going about abusing Kelly Clarkson for simply showing support for a candidate. What a shame that so many people are full of irrational hatred because of what they see on the MSM about somebody.

new topics

join