It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fantastic video: Woman slams the injustices of feminism!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frira
Feminism means being able to beat a husband and kids without paying a price.

That would be bullying.

Its non-gender.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by TWILITE22

I believe it was said that the womans movement wasn't about letting us chose a career,it was about putting us to work for more tax revenue,isn't it always about money?

That is certainly a valid theory.

The fact is that a gradual lessening of rigid gender roles has occurred naturally over the last couple of centuries, so women were going to gain full legal, social and economic equality as the result of social evolution.

It does make you wonder, though, when, about 50 years ago, a man used to work long hours to provide for his wife and children, yet nowadays, the husband and wife both work long hours to provide for their children.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I couldn't boss my partner around if I tried
I'm not a strong woman by any means, I just feel that us women do sometimes pick and choose when we want to be equal and when we don't
But then, men sometimes pick and choose when they want to be the big hero or be the hard done by husband. Works both ways I guess!

I am sorry that you have had to experience such unfairness though.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
NO.

I want it left out of the discussion completely.

Say what ?!

The purported goals of feminism are based on morality, so how can you possibly leave it out of the discussion ?

The very notion of ''equality'' is a moral judgement.

If you want morality to be left out of the discussion, then there's not really much to discuss, considering that it'd become boring very quickly if we all agreed on an amoral, nihilistic world-view.

You still haven't explained why you guessed that I was a male when I used the phrase ''morally justifiable''. Why do you link the two ?

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
While not the core of her video, the best line was in regards to how women are treated in Afghanistan... "You could bomb them into the stone age... and it would be an improvement."

Pretty impressive in that I do not see a sign of her using a script-- this appears to be impromptu, although edited. I wonder if she does radio?

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frira
Feminism means being able to beat a husband and kids without paying a price.

That would be bullying.

Its non-gender.

No. It is all about gender. No shelters for men and their kids-- and no jail for women. I lived it. I know. And don't you dare say otherwise. You are not in a position to contradict me.

I am sick to death of being told I must have deserved it-- that I must have done something to be treated by her the way I was. Nope.

Now, why don't you respond by saying, "My God, it must have been awful for you!" because I haven't heard a single women say it. You know why? I know why. Because you and your ilk are motivated by hate-- you are pleased that it happened to me.

That makes you my enemy and the enemy of my children. It makes all feminist activists liars and dangerously sub-human. You get it?

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ScorpioRising

I am sorry that you have had to experience such unfairness though.

It was the culture society norm at the time - - back in the 50s. We were also "politely" shunned by other families because my mom was divorced.

But you can see why this is such a strong subject for me.

People that benefit from those who fought for freedom before them - - don't always understand the struggle.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
for the most part I'm ok with feminists but it bothers me when its taken to the extreme where even biological differences are ignored.
I think achieving perfect equality between the sexes is impossible, a women can't do all the jobs a man can do an vice versa. Ever see a soccer match with male teams and then see a soccer match with female teams? the difference is day and night and its not only soccer but most other sports.
therefore it would not be a big jump to assume that the difference in average salaries is not only due to male oppression but could also be due to what jobs have better pay and what those jobs requirements are. (not to mention women need few months paid vacations in case the baby stork makes a visit)
we just have to accept that some women are better than men at some tasks and men are better in others.
the part of feminism that I agree with is that of mutual respect. when dealing with respect I think we can (and should) strive for equality. A husband an a wife keeping all things constant (other than sex) should respect each other equally as individuals and as human beings

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Concept of Radical Feminism is an insult to humanity .

But the Feminisation of Rational Thought Process is a unisex experience which is currently dominating the occidental world .

The video is refreshingly honest , earnest and truthfull .

Increasingly in last 100 years , the occidental women are feminising the rational thought process in general and re-interpreting reality to fit in with their desires .

Net result is the population stagnation and cultural , economical and social implications of diminishing human resource .

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Concept of Radical Feminism is an insult to humanity .

But the Feminisation of Rational Thought Process is a unisex experience which is currently dominating the occidental world .

The video is refreshingly honest , earnest and truthfull .

Increasingly in last 100 years , the occidental women are feminising the rational thought process in general and re-interpreting reality to fit in with their desires .

Net result is the population stagnation and cultural , economical and social implications of diminishing human resource .

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Definitely major food for thought. There's a lot of truth in what she says but I don't think everyone or even every cross section of people can be pigeon-holed that way. I think feminism did take a wrong turn and as a woman I'll be the first to say I despise feminazi's, I also despise princesses...that's not equality. Value should be placed equally on males and females and people should not be judged or limited by their gender.

I have to admit though that even as a mom of a boy I never thought about this disposable aspect that is ingrained in boys and how even though there are female soldiers being killed in wars there's still a dramatic difference. Why aren't we able to teach both genders their value? Treat them as truly equal and with respect.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Women still do not have equal pay for equal work

This statement is not true.

When the second wave of the women’s movement evolved in the late 1960s, Farrell’s support of it led the National Organization for Women’s New York City chapter to ask him to form a men’s group. The response to that group led to his ultimately forming some 300 additional men and women's groups and becoming the only man to be elected three times to the Board of Directors of the National Organization for Women in N.Y.C. (1971–74).

Part 2: www.youtube.com...

Part 3: www.youtube.com...

Part 4: www.youtube.com...

Part 5: www.youtube.com...

Part 6: www.youtube.com...

Part 7: www.youtube.com...

Part 8: www.youtube.com...

So, yeah... Go ahead and respond to me after you watch all of that, If you would like to discuss it further.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Look, I consider myself a feminist.

I do not hate men. I do not want men to suffer. I do believe women should be required to have the same level of standards (not arbitrary ones only meant to bias.)

I do not believe that there are "alternate" feminism, where the burka is freedom or a cliterodectomy is a form of female empowerment or other such nonsense.

Due to the acceptance of this sort of rhetoric, I consider myself in the original style of feminism - a Suffragette. My vote is equal. My OPPORTUNITIES are equal. If you and I are in the same gym working out, frankly how much muscle I put on is none of your business and if I put some on it sure doesn't mean I stole it from you.

Does this woman in the video consider that the modern versions of the non-equality state are some form of freedom? She wants to move to Nigeria where they made a law making sleep-rape okay? That the burka is a form of male disposability? Of course not.

But let me be clear. I do not think that this sort of governance is a male characteristic, which is nonsense. It is a form of CORRUPTION. One that is not corrected by an opposite form of corruption.

You are not my enemy. I will gladly work with you to even out injustices were they are present. I ask you to do the same for me.

(btw - I have spoken about this concept for about 17 years. I don't disagree with it. Indeed I've argued men and women about it for some time. Men have yelled at me about it many times.)
edit on 2011/12/29 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I believe deeply that the issues that she brings up about child rearing are something that many women are trying to address. If you are an upcoming parent, please look into ecological parenting.

Circumcision is not enforced by feminists or women, but by society. I dislike it, and thankfully managed to convince my husband to be onside with me about it. If a guy wants one, he can get it when he's old enough to make that decision for himself.

Children of any gender are more stable when they know that they are safe and attended to.

I agree about workplace safety. Safety isn't safety usually, it is liability control and I find it unacceptable. I expect my husband to come home at the end of the day.

I would like to address the concept that being a "treasured possession" is better than being somewhere else. There are not just two options.

Most of these guys are not on the battle field. In Afghanistan they may be out smoking opiates, before coming home to their ten year old wife. This is not a form of male oppression. Frankly, I feel confident to say that none of you think it is either. You and I both think it is unacceptable and gross.

Okay now let me talk to you about male disposibility. For continuance of the species this is true. Because I have been talking/writing about this issue for a long time I have had plenty of time to think about it. If I don't have children with me, I'll stand back to back with you. If I do have children with me, the person most likely to get them to safety goes with the children.

My husband and I actually had a fight about this when we first got married and I was pregnant. I'm pretty sure he gave in because he has no intention of following through with that if anything bad ever happened. This essentially comes down to both of us having the same goal, which in the case of children is that they live and not about my increased status.
edit on 2011/12/29 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by TWILITE22

I liked your post because it fits in with information that was shared with me years ago. Germaine Greer was paid by the cabal/illuminati/whatever to propagate the feminist movement.

Think about it logically - she appeared literally out of nowhere and has appeared in the media periodically to keep the subject alive and headed in the direction that is wanted. Women now have a sense of equality - or so it seems. CEOs who are women now have all the stress related health problems that the male CEOs have and women - in my opinion are not loved and protected as they once were. I speak in terms of social etiquette when a women had a door opened for her - a seat given to her on public transport - a man ensured a womans dress was not splashed by the mud and sewerage in the gutter....

Feminism is just one of the many planned and directed exercises that the cabal/illuminati/whatever put in to play a long time ago - and people fell for it.

Much Peace...

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ErtaiNaGia

great post, this is what I was trying to explain before

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
One more point.

If we do reduce this equation to "he is in battle, she is with children" then I'd like you to consider.... do you want your children in a bad situation with a woman who is capable or a woman who is a coddled or hyper-controlled feeb?

Let us go back to the cottage. You want the whimpering woman who never learned to shoot, and can't throw a punch and never makes decisions? Or do you want to know that if you went down, there is still another layer of defense? Do you want to know she went out the back window, with your children and is ready to scalp the first person who gets in her way?

We are not enemies. We have the same goals.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Women's lib in practice didn't do much for me.
It let me get an education so good it would be hard for me to claim disability.
All I want to do is stay home and work for my family while my husband works but he can't find a job and I keep getting ones I don't want that I feel like I HAVE to take.
I'm not a bit happy with any of it.

The problem is not equality, the problem is that with our current screw ball economy system, now we are all equally slaves.

I don't see any reason to argue for it or against it. It works for some I guess, it just didn't work for me.
I wanna be free to be me and I just like to stay home-cook and clean and garden, make wine, beer, take care of kids, land, animals and other 'old' things.

Seems like if it were all that great, FAMILIES would be able to have someone working for them.
Feminism won't work for families unless HOME work becomes of value.
Men can do it, women can do it- I don't care but every home should be able to afford that.
edit on 29-12-2011 by hadriana because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes

Why do you feel the necessity of the qualifier "Morally Justifiable" - - relating to women's equality by choice?

Women are not a country or nationality - - your comparison makes no sense.

Blimey, you're really not getting it, are you ?

I wasn't equating women to a country or nationality, but merely using the fact that European countries benefited from the transatlantic slave-trade as a random example of achieving a desirable outcome for yourself or group at the expense of fairness or morality.

To make it simple, the ''best deal'' for me is to have loads of money, multiple girlfriends and to never have to work again. I could achieve all of that in an unethical manner, disregarding the other people who got in the way of my goals, but I choose not to - because I'm a nice guy.

Yet, femipigs are after the ''best deal'' for women, regardless of whether it's fair or morally justifiable. I can't make it any simpler.

edit on 29-12-2011 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

Don't bother. Feminism= a female supremacist hate movement.

Google "Agent Orange MRA", for radical feminist documents. An MRA went undercover at RADFEM for a long time. The individual's main task was gathering documents and figuring out who is who(in real life).

Many in this closed forum are actively calling for and plotting the mass gendercide of males. I am not kidding or exaggerating. And many of these women are school teachers, doctors and University instructors like Sheila Jeffreys have been found on record calling for the deaths of millions of human beings because of our gender. As well as people who advise world governments on national and international scales!

Don't listen to their lies about a non-existent wage gap(look up articles called the reverse wage gap), don't listen to the fun time feminist's who only post in blogs and claim that "Not all feminist's are like that", while those "radical" and "extreme" feminist's are busy re-writing our law's.

Feminism is a hate movement, and psychopaths tend to be driven to a hate movement. Those types of people will readily use emotion instead of fact, because they have no facts to present(and none can be readily researched online that would support their claims. Notice how it went from vague matter of fact statements to outright emotional guilt trip?).

Ask yourself this? If it is only a minority of feminist's who are "like that", why do almost all feminist's look up to Mary Daley(who taught a female only course for 20+ years where she taught that males should only make up 10% of the population and be used as slave labor), Andrea Dworkin(who also called for mass gendercide of males) and Valerie Solanas(who wrote a book akin to Hitlers hate book, calling for the mass gendercide of males that is now a state supported play in Sweden being shown in elementary schools?+ to those saying "she wasn't serious", she proved how serious when she shot someone because of his gender).

And if it is a majority of feminist's who "are like that", what the heck are they doing calling themselves feminist's when the vast majority of feminist's ARE LIKE THAT! It is like joining the KKK and claiming "I am not like other KKK members". It is beyond absurd and fraudulent.
edit on 30-12-2011 by korathin because: (no reason given)

----------
P.S
The Suffragettes hated feminist's and feminism. Look it up, I dare you!

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Amanda5

Yea,I think if we hadn't had the 'movement'we still would have progressed to the status we are at today.Look I'm not a feminist,and don't pay attention to the issues,and have no complaints to the way I have been treated thoughout my life.I want to be treated as a human being not for any other reason,not for my ethnic background,not because I am a woman,and not for being different in any way.Progression would have come regardless who stands on a soapbox and screams look at me,I want special treatment "just because"btw,what have we really progressed to with the feminist movement?seriously,where has it brought us?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join