It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fantastic video: Woman slams the injustices of feminism!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

They are both related.

Ironically, by feminists. On the one hand you have feminists demanding 'equality', on the other you have feminists demanding 'exclusivity'.

Equality is equality.

Feminism is feminism.

They are neither the same or concurrent in goals.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I don't understand where your apparent confusion relating to my comment is stemming from.

The ''best deal'' for anybody or any group is not necessarily going to be fair or morally justifiable. The ''best deal'' for the British, Spanish, French, Portuguese and Dutch was to acquire cheap slaves to work on plantations in their colonies in the Americas - it doesn't mean that that ''best deal'' was fair or moral.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

So what?

None of that changes where the term originated from, or what it's original meaning was.

I just find it interesting that the movement continues to use the term, regardless of the original root term's definition.

Edit to add:

I find it just as interesting that most 'feminists' can not tell you when women were given equal rights to men in law.

Not that it matters, just interesting.

edit on 29-12-2011 by peck420 because: (no reason given)

link   
Overall women these days, particularly in the western world, have the same rights as men if not more. We have our right to vote, to work, to move about unaccompanied etc and that is great. Why, then, do we still insist on being 'looked after' as and when it suits us? Women want it all ways and god forbid a man goes against that or tries to point out the hypocrisy of it. The poor guy is deemed a woman hater, a misogynist or other such nonsense.

Obviously men and women will never be equal on a biological level, in most cases anyway, as we are built differently. So things like lugging house bricks around a building site is usually more suited to a man. Yes some woman can do that job but very few and yet if they apply and get turned down they yell 'sexism'.
Society just needs common sense.

My partner gave up work to look after our children while I went back to work as I could earn more money than he could. He had no end of abuse while I got either sympathy (really?!) or told I was not a REAL mother if I was able to go to work instead of raise my kids. Yet he is just as capable of being a good parent as me and I am just a capable of providing for my family as he, as a man, is expected to be. How was that fair?

The equality issue is not as black and white as people make out.

link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

The 'best deal' is usually when everybody says that they are getting the raw deal.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zinky
Bashers of Feminism - especially the guy who called Feminists pigs really upset me.

That'd be me.

I don't have a regular family - we were abandoned by my father. By telling me I don't deserve the same chances as anyone else - you essentially wish death upon me. You begrudge me my own survival.

I'm sorry about your unfortunate personal circumstances, but feminists are always either, a, ugly, or, b, have suffered bad experiences at the hands of a man or men. It appears you fall into the latter category.

Nowhere did I say that you - or anyone else, for that matter - do not deserve the same chances as everybody else, nor did I remotely wish death upon you (although, quite what convoluted ''logic'' you used to come up with that interpretation, I may never know).

I believe in full social and legal equality for everyone (unless their actions make it necessary for these privileges to be withdrawn), and a society which is based on meritocracy.

I thought it was a mark of integrity that I took care of and supported myself. Evidently many would rather see me be a freeloader.

Who suggested that you are a freeloader (other than yourself) ?

Thanks for calling me a pig.

Glad to be of service !

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes
reply to post by Annee

I don't understand where your apparent confusion relating to my comment is stemming from.

The ''best deal'' for anybody or any group is not necessarily going to be fair or morally justifiable. The ''best deal'' for the British, Spanish, French, Portuguese and Dutch was to acquire cheap slaves to work on plantations in their colonies in the Americas - it doesn't mean that that ''best deal'' was fair or moral.

Why do you feel the necessity of the qualifier "Morally Justifiable" - - relating to women's equality by choice?

Women are not a country or nationality - - your comparison makes no sense.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ScorpioRising
Overall women these days, particularly in the western world, have the same rights as men if not more. We have our right to vote, to work, to move about unaccompanied etc and that is great. Why, then, do we still insist on being 'looked after' as and when it suits us? Women want it all ways and god forbid a man goes against that or tries to point out the hypocrisy of it.

Women?

Speak for yourself - - don't speak for me or other women.

Women still do not have equal pay for equal work

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Overall women these days, particularly in the western world, have the same rights as men if not more. We have our right to vote, to work, to move about unaccompanied etc and that is great. Why, then, do we still insist on being 'looked after' as and when it suits us? Women want it all ways and god forbid a man goes against that or tries to point out the hypocrisy of it.

Women?

I don't know where you have worked but I can't say I have ever faced that issue. I have always had the same pay as men, more if I bothered to advance in my job, as has pretty much every other woman I know. You get paid for the job you do. If you do it well, you benefit, if you don't? Well, that's on your shoulders. (not specifically directing that last bit at you btw as I don't know you).
also, my last paragraph was speaking for myself. The rest of the post is not speaking for every other woman but it is true of the majority of women, though few will admit to it.
edit on 29-12-2011 by ScorpioRising because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Why do you feel the necessity of the qualifier "Morally Justifiable" - - relating to women's equality by choice?

Blimey, you're really not getting it, are you ?

I wasn't equating women to a country or nationality, but merely using the fact that European countries benefited from the transatlantic slave-trade as a random example of achieving a desirable outcome for yourself or group at the expense of fairness or morality.

To make it simple, the ''best deal'' for me is to have loads of money, multiple girlfriends and to never have to work again. I could achieve all of that in an unethical manner, disregarding the other people who got in the way of my goals, but I choose not to - because I'm a nice guy.

Yet, femipigs are after the ''best deal'' for women, regardless of whether it's fair or morally justifiable. I can't make it any simpler.

edit on 29-12-2011 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Blimey, you're really not getting it, are you ?

NO - you are not getting it.

Morality? Who's morality?

It is a judgment.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Women?

I don't know where you have worked but I can't say I have ever faced that issue. I have always had the same pay as men, more if I bothered to advance in my job, as has pretty much every other woman I know. You get paid for the job you do. If you do it well, you benefit, if you don't? Well, that's on your shoulders. (not specifically directing that last bit at you btw as I don't know you).

I guess the statistics are wrong then.

No probs - - - very important subject for me - - - being that I am 65 and remember the inequality. Even the simplest thing as not being to play Little League with my brother.

I grew up in an all boy neighborhood with 2 brothers. You carried your own weight or you sat and watched. There I was equal. Although I had to wear dresses to school - - hated that.

Its when I bumped up against Society Rules - - that I was treated as less then equal.
edit on 29-12-2011 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Whose fault is that ?

I'm sure that my boss would pay me 50p an hour if he could get away with it, but he can't because I know what pay I deserve and should be receiving for my line of work.

If some women are too timid or unassertive enough to understand and negotiate the level of pay for their job, then that's their problem. Women aren't little children who need others to constantly hold their hand for them.

Unscrupulous employers will always try to short-change their employees. The onus is on the employee to be savvy.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Someone once said "statistics are just numbers people make up to justify their argument"
I never take statistics as fact. The real information is in our everyday lives and through real people. I guess I have been lucky enough to grow up in a society that treats me well as a woman (mostly). Thank you for discussing politely with me though, I usually get verbally battered by other woman for my views

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   

It is a judgment.

So now you want a philosophical discussion on the subject of morality ?

That doesn't tally with your original reply to me when you guessed I was a male because I used the phrase ''morally justifiable''. Is the gender of someone relevant when discussing morality ?

You need to get your story straight.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by peck420

The meaning of feminism is EQUALITY. Your ideas don't interest me. That is the text book, one that no longer is around but the true one, that is what the movement was about. That is what my own grandmother could tell me.

And all the Kings Horses and All the Kings Men will never make me ever stand under their tyranny, war, inequality and starvation war planet again.

The true philosophers stone is not weeds and mushrooms, though they think it is, and the chemical reaction that occures when you cancel the poison of the one with the other.

The true philosopher stone is Mother's energies wedded to Father's, ie, until you yearn for and even try to create a world of goodness, no forcing, no slaves, no starvation, no homeless, happiness, tenderness and virtues, thou shall not harm, not laws and rule of machos. Dracos. And Saturn.

www.google.ca...:en-US
fficial&client=firefox-a

en.wikipedia.org...

It literally means equality of all people for a world lacking is a crime against humanity and harms all 5 of my sons.

It thoroughly respects all work and is not practiced as the Rothchilds dicated, for abandoning your children to gain respect, or be forced due to an unequal economic social darwinism Saturnist system like we have violates all of humanity equally.

In strong essence it means Venus Project run grass roots, no forcing anyone, no slavery, complete substantive intrinsic equality with childrens rights being placed first.

You can call that whatever you want. But Feminism was the social construct mechanism for this to take place.

And yeah the corporate banker set really set out to mangle the movement.

But its doesnt matter. We either wake up and progress as a planet, or one by one. Everyone is in different grades of cosmic school. I only hope more people wake up to equality.

edit on 29-12-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Someone once said "statistics are just numbers people make up to justify their argument"
I never take statistics as fact. The real information is in our everyday lives and through real people. I guess I have been lucky enough to grow up in a society that treats me well as a woman (mostly). Thank you for discussing politely with me though, I usually get verbally battered by other woman for my views

I do appreciate that you are in an environment of equality.

If men play the game of the "weaker sex" - - they are at fault. But - of course - they want something in return.

My hubby doesn't play that game LOL. I personally like strong women - - and none of them like weak men they can boss around.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
Feminism means equality.

On what planet?

Feminism means being able to beat a husband and kids without paying a price.

Feminism means calling men "loosers" if they make less money and "oppressors" if they make more.

Feminism means hate. It just means hate.

Hate may not be what it was meant to be-- but that is what it is because that is what its activists do.

Did you know that domestic violence statistics used by the US government are only taken from Women's Shelters intake data? Since men are not allowed at those shelters-- that is a bit abusive toward male victims and their children seeing how it means men are given no federal re$ource$ and feminists use those statistics to claim that men are not abused and that women are not violent.

It is hate, I tell you.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

I believe it was said that the womans movement wasn't about letting us chose a career,it was about putting us to work for more tax revenue,isn't it always about money?

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   

It is a judgment.

So now you want a philosophical discussion on the subject of morality ?

NO.

I want it left out of the discussion completely.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join