It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fantastic video: Woman slams the injustices of feminism!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
This is a great video, and its important that a woman and a mother is delivering this message.

She shows how the feminist assumption that "men had it easier and were in control throughout history" is dead wrong. On the contrary, the history of gender relations has been one of "disposable males," who died earlier, did the dirty work, went to war, and gave up everything to put women and children first. She shows how an ethos of male disposibility was the norm until recently, for survival needs. Every woman was important to traditonal communites because she could prolong life through giving birth, and community survival was often in question. A much smaller number of men, on the other hand, are necessary to do the reproductive work, creating an imbalance resolved through male disposablilty. But the world has changed, and it is no longer necessary to place such value on female life and to consider males so disposable.

She contends that, contrary to its self-image as a movement of "liberation," "progress," and "change," feminism is simply a new way of enforcing male disposbalilty -- by making men feel guilty and unworthy, constantly denegrating them in the media and education, and still expecting them to uncomplainingly put women first in every way. In the past, men were given a certain amount of respect for the awesome personal sacrifices they were expected to make. Feminism, she argues, is particularly dangerous and unfair because it strips men of the dignity and respect they once had, while at the same time enhancing (rather than lessening) male disposiblity and the preference for female needs.

A must-see for men and women alike.

edit on 29-12-2011 by Never Despise because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Never Despise

You can tell that she was nervous, just due to the fact that she was speaking truth to power. Just listen to her chuckle/snicker at the various points she makes. People have a tendency to snicker when nervous.

But I do believe that she is speaking truth none the less.

Males and females need each other, if anything, for the species to continue.

Its how we get along is what matters.

edit on 29-12-2011 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Eh, I wouldn't entirely generalize feminism in that manner. I think a sizable portion of feminists like many other rights groups have deteriorated into idiocy but there's still some who have a very sensible approach to it like Christina Hoff Sommers.

www.scottlondon.com...

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   

I guess I'm male through and through because although I enjoyed the vid and its message, I kept thinking to myself..."She's Hot!"

I know, I know...go back to my cave.

I can live with that...

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   
I cried.

What a strange reaction to have to a rant video.

David Grouchy

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   

It's that blatant hypocrisy and narcissism by feminists she discusses that I find to be so abhorrent. They only want the traditional 'goodies' of being a male while refusing to take on any sense of disposability or self-sacrifice. Awesome rant.

edit on 12/29/2011 by Charmed707 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Feminism means equality. I would not go slamming it.

It doesnt mean our Economic Prison were children are thrown to the side, Talk To The Hand, that is being done.

www.american-buddha.com...

It does mean overcoming this.

She needs to learn a bit more.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
To the NWO Forces promoting sexism and their Burqas, to the macho's who want to keep beating Sophia/Wisdom/The Tree of Life up and knocking her to the ground to run their planet of War and Starvation like little lost boys from Never Never Land:

I'm terribly sorry, but all the Kings horses and all the Kings men will never make me stand under you again.

Mother's equality must be wedded to fathers, freedom to advance this planet and progress to the higher levels.

Their erected obselisks pyramids and penis's and claim that life no longer is in the womb/matrix, being born and raising grades in the school, but is now Saturn's androgyny ,and its out come is not equality, love, unity and freedom in equal measure, but dog eat dog social darwinism, law of the jungle, predators and Starvation/War planet akin to a hellzone.

Darren Hayes - Neverland

So much here. Father beating Mother/Sophia and knocking her to the ground. The tree life is now black. Saturn tried to make its way past the sun, and a little boy is now turning pain into fun.

I'll always be a feminist, I am for equality. Not for women being separated from their young children mind you. Work of equal value, and raising children is the most important job.
edit on 29-12-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
The idea that women were badly treated by men throughout recent history is a revisionist feminazi myth.

The truth of the matter is that both men and women, of a certain social class, were treated equally as badly by the ruling elites of their time. There were just narrowly-defined gender roles which men and women had to fall within.

Of course it was wrong to expect women to dutifully be housewives and to not have too many opportunities to expand upon that, but certainly no worse than expecting men to fulfill their predefined roles in society, such as partaking in dangerous work and being conscripted into combat.

Feminism is about one thing, and one thing only: gaining power and perks for women at the expense of men, regardless of the morality and fairness of such perks.

I think that most reasonable people support full legal and social equality amongst the sexes, and would agree that gender should be irrelevant in how someone chooses to live their life or what opportunities are available to that person.

The femipigs, however, are about as interested in gender equality and meritocracy as Geneghis Khan was in promoting peace and reconciliation.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Feminism does not mean equality.

Equality means equality.

Some may call this nitpicking, but the term feminism originates from the term feminisme which translates to approx. society for females.

It wasn't until long after the term was coined (when they were having issues getting traction in mainstream society) that the definition was rewritten to include "social equality of the sexes".

This isn't a comment on the entire movement per say, but it is interesting that the movement continues to use the term.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
She has a good point and I'm a girl

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by peck420
reply to post by Unity_99

Equality means equality.

The Feminist movement is about freedom of choice.

It is about equality in that women have the right and choice in how they want to be and live their life.

Society and laws - - can no longer dictate a "role" to be played.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Equality means equality.

Some may call this nitpicking, but the term feminism originates from the term feminisme which translates to approx. society for females.

It's most certainly not nitpicking, and strikes at the core of the true feminist agenda.

Imagine a group of white people starting a movement, claiming to support racial equality, and naming it ''Caucasianism'' and identifying themselves as ''Caucasianists'' to express their supposed support of racial equality. Or a group of heterosexual men, championing equal rights for gay men, and calling themselves ''heterosexualists''.

The ''feminism means equality'' yarn is just another tired old myth which has no semblance of reality or honesty to it.

Feminism is solely about getting the best deal for women, regardless of whether that ''best deal'' is fair or morally justifiable.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes
Feminism is solely about getting the best deal for women, regardless of whether that ''best deal'' is fair or morally justifiable.

Morally justifiable? Oh please - - seriously?

You're a male - right?

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
You're a male - right?

About equality, yet this appears so frequently when feminism is discussed.

Interesting.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   

You're a male - right?

About equality, yet this appears so frequently when feminism is discussed.

Interesting.

I wonder why?

I wonder why I'd call out a male on a Feminist subject thread who used the term "Morally justifiable".

Interesting too - - - that most abortion discussions are predominately male. So weird.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by peck420

Webster dictionary definition up until just a few years ago listed EQUALITY as its meaning. I know because my son was reading my affirmations on the fridge and that included my affirmations to God, my Mother. I suggested he might call God Father, as I have 5 boys. He's my high IQ Buddist in principle son, over 90% average first year college, his lowest score being English at 90%, his highest physics at 96%. He said, I don't have to say Father, but can say equally Father and Mother, as God is both, and I have a Mother too. He also quoted the text book meaning of feminism, Equality. I looked it up.

Equality. Sophia. Wisdom. Mother is Equality and Unconditional Love, Father is Creativity and Freedom. Fathers seed gives us the spirit life, but we don't upgrade or get born to soul state, until we leave Mother's Womb.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   

You're a male - right?

Eh ?

Yes, I'm a male, but I don't know what that's got to do with my comment.

''Feminism is solely about getting the best deal for women, regardless of whether that ''best deal'' is fair or morally justifiable.''

I don't see what's confusing or difficult to understand about that statement.

edit on 29-12-2011 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes

You're a male - right?

Eh ?

Yes, I'm a male, but I don't know what that's got to do with my comment.

''Feminism is solely about getting the best deal for women, regardless of whether that ''best deal'' is fair or morally justifiable.''

I don't see what's confusing or difficult to understand about that statement.

Obviously!

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Well I have found something here I feel compelled to reply to.

Bashers of Feminism - especially the guy who called Feminists pigs really upset me.

I don't have a regular family - we were abandoned by my father. By telling me I don't deserve the same chances as anyone else - you essentially wish death upon me. You begrudge me my own survival.

I thought it was a mark of integrity that I took care of and supported myself. Evidently many would rather see me be a freeloader.

Thanks for calling me a pig.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join