It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[DrJim] the images

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 06:51 PM
link   
just incase there is more to be learnt from the images that we have so far, here they are all in one place.
DrJims photos

and the photo posted on the site that Ranger426 provided

not sure if it was just a passing comment,but Um_Gazz said

Originally posted by UM_Gazz
This is amazing... You know they say "A Picture is worth a thousand words" but in this case it has been worth so far over 20 pages!

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Do we know the file name of the photo posted by Ranger426.
Just in case that is is one of the 6.

It was something that Dr Jim said.

(thank you for the directory Simon).
(which is causing us to wonder about the first six).

Somebody said something about the clues could be in the brackets.

[edit on 9-9-2004 by switchblade]

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Agentsmith posted the image from Ranger's site from his upload area I assume. I don't know if anyone took note of the original file name from the site it was on. Might be helpful if they did.

JAK

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by pantha

www.kenharker.com...

I'm going to keep on looking but I was thinking of maybe just e-mailing timmerca.com to ask for info on the location of his photo.
I do still wonder how much timmerca.com is involved with this, what with the posted e-mail on there from the military.

I have been looking about too.
The areas that have caught my eye are "The Window, a V-opening through the Chisos Basin":

Chisos Basin

Chisos again

Originally From: www.kenharker.com...

A view of "The Window" at sunset from our camp site. The Window is a gap in the mountains to the west.
Friday morning, we packed up, moved the car to the general parking area, and hit the trail by 8:30AM. We had great, sunny weather all day Friday and Saturday.

See Pic HERE

Jack

[edit on 10/9/04 by JAK]

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Yes JAK I've been leaning towards the chisos basin area, as a lot of the images I've come across so far from there have a very similar landscape to our mountain. Also ken harker took his photo of our mountain close to the time that he took the one of the window, so it has to be quite near by.
I have sent an e-mail to ken harker to ask if he can give me a name of the area in his photo.
I'm not sure if I'd get any answers from the timmerca site as I think the owner of the site is playing along with the game. If you look at his copyright policey you will see that he requests that if his images are used that there be a link back to his site. As I'm sure that those at ATS who are running the game would take heed of this, they have obviousley got his permission to use his photo in the way that they have.

timmerca's copyright policey

[edit on 10-9-2004 by pantha]

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Are these letters in the landscape?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Sanc'.

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 08:36 AM
link   
And the letters are in image3 too!

Sanc'.

d1k

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 08:38 AM
link   
What is this all about??? These UFO pictures or something?

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 08:42 AM
link   
well I did wonder myself if there were hidden numbers in the landscape.
using the coordinates on the picture to find pixel 417/333 you find yourself at this area of the picture that I have circled, and looking closer it looks as though there could possibly be an 8 and maybe a couple of other numbers, but as it's not very clear. I put it down to my mind seeing what it wants to see.

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 09:14 AM
link   
If you look closely the background has been cut n pasted. From where you see that '8' in the rock,there is a pale blob just to the left of it. go 2/3rds of the way to the right hand edge of the picture and you will find another number '8' in the landscape, also with a pale blob next to it.

Even the original timmerca image has the central '8' in the rockside albeit alot fainter. It has been accented and pasted in again in the DrJim image.
Is there just one more number in this image?

[edit on 10-9-2004 by Irma]

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Yes! I got a reply from Ken Harker. I think we've got our location.

reply from ken harker

That photo was taken from the Laguna Meadows Trail, looking west, somewhere
between the Chisos Basin Campground and Laguna Meadows. On this map,
it would be somewhere between the Chisos Mountain Lodge (the Campground is
just on the other side of the parking lot from the Lodge) and Laguna
Meadows (on the left side of the map.) My memory isn't too certain, but
I think it was probably taken around 5700' elevation or thereabouts (near
the "33" on the map.)
near 33 on the map could be something to do with our coordinates too maybe

also there is an image here from a campsite at chisos basin, the one at the bottom of the page

www.nps.gov...

(edit) ooops I meant to add the link to the map that ken harker provided

www.nps.gov...

[edit on 10-9-2004 by pantha]

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 09:44 AM
link   
More letters/numbers?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Sanc'.

JAK

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Ok, following some of the links on the page that Panther mentions,

www.nps.gov...

and because of the mention of Laguna Meadows, I visited the following page.

It may well be (yet another?) coincidence:

Image located HERE

At the bottom of the page is a map. Located roughly top middle is a white "Starts Here" box. Note the name of the Pass, top right of the box.

Jack

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I just noticed that there is a member named timmer and a member named timmer69. In timmerca.com there are messages in the top parts of pages
like "Added On 2003-09-24 03:21:49 and Updated On 2004-03-11 14:06:59 by Timmer". Timmer also claims to be an engineer and the owner of timmerca is an IT technician.

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by pantha
Agentsmith posted the image from Ranger's site from his upload area I assume. I don't know if anyone took note of the original file name from the site it was on. Might be helpful if they did.

It was just called 'bigbend.jpg'

EDIT:

Actually that's wrong - I remember now it was called something like bigbend703.jpg' I believe. I remeber thinking, 'this must be number 3 of 7' so I tried other filenames like 'bigbend702.jpg', etc but to no avail.
I pretty sure that's right anyway.

[edit on 10-9-2004 by AgentSmith]

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 02:44 PM
link   
ok we were supposed to figure out the 417/333 PIXEL coordinates to find the "33" hidden in the original photo (numbers not members at the coordinates 417/333) So then a reply from Harker mentions that the picture was probably taken around 5700 elevation near the 33 on the map I think we were lagging a bit in the 33 connection, so where do we go from here? I say we try to find the Haskins were they camping there?

www.nps.gov...

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 02:48 PM
link   
check this out. He's back......

www.freewebs.com...

Another 'new' site????

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Looked up laguna meadow trail in google found this: probably nothing...

www.visitbigbend.com...

No. 14� Chisos Basin Loop Trail
Easy walking. 1.6 miles round trip.

This route starts at the Basin Trailhead and follows the Laguna Meadow trail for % miles before branching off to the left. It reaches a promontory overlooking the upper Chisos Basin, then heads back toward the Basin via the Boot Springs (Pinnacles) Trail. From the overlook, the major features of the Basin skyline are easily visable. The high peak to the south with the "thumb" to the right of it is Emory Peak, the Park's highest at 7,835 feet. Clockwise around the Basin from Emory Peak are Ward Mountain, Amon Carter Peak and the Window, Vernon Bailey Peak and Pulliam Ridge, Casa Grande, and Toll Mountain.

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Irma
If you look closely the background has been cut n pasted. From where you see that '8' in the rock,there is a pale blob just to the left of it. go 2/3rds of the way to the right hand edge of the picture and you will find another number '8' in the landscape, also with a pale blob next to it.

I converted the image to grayscale and played with the contrast and sharpening, and it does show up better. Those 2 areas looked totally pasted in.

There's another letter, maybe two, to the right of the 8's. Looks a bit like a K or an R. There seems to be some more, in other spots, but I cannot tell what they are.

( Alas I've not mastered the art of including my example in my post--maybe some of you "whiz kids" could do that and wring a bit more detail out while you're at it....?)

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Here's what I got.

Am I going nuts? ? ?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join