It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

an actual Craigs list post

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I thought i would share with all of you..

To the Guy Who Tried to Mug Me in Downtown Savannah night before last. Date: 2010-09-27, 1:43 am. E.S.T. I was the guy wearing the black Burberry jacket that you demanded that I hand over, shortly after you pulled the knife on me and my girlfriend, threatening our lives
You also asked for my girlfriend's purse and earrings. I can only hope that you somehow come across this rather important message. First, I'd like to apologize for your embarrassment; I didn't expect you to actually crap in your pants when I drew my pistol after you took my jacket.
. The evening was not that cold, and I was wearing the jacket for a reason.. my girlfriend was happy that I just returned safely from my 2nd tour as a Combat Marine in Afghanistan ..
She had just bought me that Kimber Custom Model 1911 .45 ACP pistol for my birthday, and we had picked up a shoulder holster for it that very evening. Obviously you agree that it is a very intimidating weapon when pointed at your head ... isn't it?! I know it probably wasn't fun walking back to wherever you'd come from with crap in your pants. I'm sure it was even worse walking bare-footed since I made you leave your shoes, cell phone, and wallet with me.
[That prevented you from calling or running to your buddies to come help mug us again]. After I called your mother or "Momma" as you had her listed in your cell, I explained the entire episode of what you'd done. Then I went and filled up my gas tank as well as those of four other people in the gas station
, -- on your credit card. The guy with the big motor home took 153 gallons and was extremely grateful! I gave your shoes to a homeless guy outside Vinnie Van Go Go's, along with all the cash in your wallet. [That made his day!] I then threw your wallet into the big pink "pimp mobile" that was parked at the curb ..... after I broke the windshield and side window and keyed the entire driver's side of the car
. Earlier, I managed to get in two threatening phone calls to the DA's office and one to the FBI, while mentioning President Obama as my possible target. The FBI guy seemed really intense and we had a nice long chat (I guess while he traced your number etc.). ;In a way, perhaps I should apologize for not killing you ..
. but I feel this type of retribution is a far more appropriate punishment for your threatened crime. I wish you well as you try to sort through some of these rather immediate pressing issues, and can only hope that you have the opportunity to reflect upon, and perhaps reconsider, the career path you've chosen to pursue in life.. Remember, next time you might not be so lucky. Have a good day! Thoughtfully yours, Semper Fi,

go Semper Fi!!
More thugs should read this..

what a great deterrent it could be...

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by baddmove

when i searched

craigs list To the Guy Who Tried to Mug Me in Downtown Savannah night before last. Date: 2010-09-27

a whole bunch of links came up, the only one missing was craiglist itself.
even if not a real ad it was really good.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Old story but still funny non the less. Not sure if it's real or not, but if it is good on this guy for getting back at petty thugs who need to steal from hard working folks. Makes me wish I could get a conceal and carry permit >

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
HAHA! I don't know if that really happened, or if it's a fictional tale of "would be" heroism, but it sure made me laugh!

S&F for you
Very funny find!

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Would have been cool if he hadn't been destroying a stranger's car or making himself so damn easy to trace with a Craigslist account.

I'm goin with urban legend

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I never condone violence but what a creative mind and well done! Why do I say well done - because no one got shot and several people came to benefit - particularly the homeless person who now has shoes to keep his feet warm and dry!

How can I not applaud the guy - if it is true - awesome! No one got hurt that is why I applaud - a knife and a gun and neither was used - excellent!

Much Peace...

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by baddmove
an actual Craigs list post

Date: 2010-09-27, 1:43 am.

FWIW, this legend goes back to at least January 2009.
link

But what the hell, lets applaud a completely fictitious made up story, as even admitted by its author.
After all, the motto of ATS is "encourage ignorance".

edit on 29-12-2011 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Snopes has it as false.

www.snopes.com...

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
False, fake made up story.

Maybe the poster who originally came up with this fantasy actually did get robbed, and this is the version of events he wishes happened.
edit on 29-12-2011 by Blackmarketeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
What u talkin bout willis
that was mr d

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   

But what the hell, lets applaud a completely fictitious made up story, as even admitted by its author.
After all, the motto of ATS is "encourage ignorance".

It makes no difference if the story is true. Can we not applaud Ishmael in Moby Dick just because the story is fiction? Well, like Moby Dick, I am sure there is some truth in this story, as chance alone would dictate that something similar is bound to have happened at some point in the past.

All I am saying is that it is not "ignorant," as you imply, to applaud the hero of a story...even if it is fiction. That implication in your reply is the only reason I am calling you out. I can only ask why you are quoting our motto...Maybe I got it wrong though, and the motto of ATS is "encourage ignorance," because that is what it seems you are doing.

As for the story itself, the best part was probably the description of calling the FBI and the threats, lol...That would get someone in quite a bit of trouble. What I really would have liked to see was someone that is a better writer put this story together, as it would have been ten times better. This guy didn't do a bad job, it just could have been written a bit different to make it more humorous.

So, real or not, it made me laugh, and I APPLAUD the guy in the story...Go figure.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by JiggyPotamus

You applaud theft, vandalism and terrorism (even if only implied)?

Two wrongs don't make a right, if the story had stopped at calling "Momma" it would be a great, almost believable story, but no, it had to degenerate into vigilantism, instead we get a silly over the top interpretation of what "we" would all "love" to do but won't.

Society is screwed if this is what "we" want to happen.

On another note, Imagine if a cop did this to the mugger??

There would 300 flags, and a thousands replies calling for the cops neck.

edit on 29/12/11 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   

To the Guy Who Tried to Mug Me

Eight words and the odds that this was a propaganda piece for gun lovers shot through the roof.
Sure pumps the adrenaline though.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by windword

any one who cannot tell that this is fiction - needs help

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by baddmove

what utter twaddle - the fantasies of a walt

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1